• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Your Reaction?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
I was pretty hyped when I saw Greninja making the shuriken (it was pretty obvious it was Greninja there), but I would have preferred playable Delphox honestly.

jigglover

Smash Lord
1st reaction:
"Oh great, more gen 1 Pokémon. Mewtwo is pretty cool, I guess."
2nd reaction (after examining the shadow more closely):
"Oh **** it's Greninja."
3rd reaction (after it was Greninja confirmed):
"WHAT THE HELL MEWTWO WOULD HAVE BEEN SO MUCH BETTER"
4th reaction (looking at gameplay of Greninja):
"So... it's Sheik dressed up in Mario's frog suit.... *Switches off computer."

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
I had a rather odd situation. I was skyping my best friend at the time, and his feed of the Direct was slow so I saw everything before he did. At first (like just about everyone else) I thought it was Mewtwo. But after seeing that the charging attack wasn't purple I got confused and kept wondering what it was. When Greninja finally appeared I had to clasp my mouth close to stop from yelling in excitement so I didn't spoil the newcomer because my friend's feed wasn't caught up.

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
Saw the Pokeballs...
"No Ridley, this Direct sucks...well at least we're probably get Mewtwo"
Charizard fires it up!
"Pokemon Trainer cut for the least-interesting part of his moveset? Smooth moves, Sakurai..."
Weird hands appear, look like Mewtwo's.
"Oh well, at least there's a little smidgen of hype left, he's gonna reveal Mewtwo"
Irrelevant, stupid, non-Ridley, non-Palutena, non-Mewtwo, non-K.Rool newcomer splashes in!
"So much for the hype, thanks for the hype-killer, Sakurai"
I know, doesn't it suck when people don't cater to your exact, specific requests? Must've hurt.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
They intentionally teased us with Mewtwo ;/
I thought it was Mewtwo too, but in hindsight, it obviously wasn't.
He's using water the whole time. I'm fairly certain it was my own expectations of Mewtwo that made me think it was Mewtwo. I even noticed it wasn't purple psychic energy and I still thought it was Mewtwo. I was blinded by my expectations.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I had the stream running on my phone, and just sat there in awe for a moment. That whole trailer was just nonstop blows to the expectations, in the best way.

At first I saw the sky and thought maybe it was Palutena's trailer or something.

And then Pokeballs. And then I was like "wait wait whaaaat?" because I didn't expect a trailer for Mewtwo.

And then Solozard. And my jaw dropped because that's amazing and I didn't expect it at all.

And then there was the shadowy figure, who I didn't think was Mewtwo, because of the shape, but I had no idea.

Then it kept going. And then I finally wrapped my head around it being Greninja about an hour after his trailer ended. My jaw had hit the floor and my brain was in the twilight zone. Holy ****. So cool.

Edit: The funny part was for a while there, since Greninja was so awesome I'd hoped if they redid or whatevered Pokemon trainer, they'd add him in there. I didn't want to lose Charizard though, and didn't really care for PT's mechanics.

Sakurai must have been reading my mind.

Well Sakurai, if you're listening right now, there's a certain DK newcomer I'm really hoping for...he's big, and green, and...

Last edited:

RidleyKraid187

Smash Journeyman
My Reaction:

-Ridley Trailer?!
-God dammit, Poke'balls
-That's a ****load of Pokémon
-Hey, Zoroark
-Charizard? guess they're doing a Poke'mon Trainer reveal?
-Wait, No. Switchable characters are gone
-Badass Landing!
-Holy Crap, that's epic!
-Mewtwo? wait, why's his head so big?
- Mewtwo.....? Your character models REALLY OFF......
-Epic Mario VS Charizard! huh? water?
-WTF is that?
-Oh, so THAT's what Greninja looks like. he looks alright.....
-The music's kinda nice......
-alright, I guess he looks kinda fun.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom