• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Your preferred secondaries as a Robin main?

Friendly_Fire

Smash Cadet
NNID
TheFriendlyFire
As we all know, Robin has many weaknesses, in the form of his/her terrible speed and low-range laggy grab. He/She also struggles against characters who can easily get around their wall of projectiles. What characters do you use to back up Robin when things go south?

Last edited:

FieryRebirth

Smash Ace
NNID
Rara-Avis
Switch FC
7032-4095-8921
Ike here. Ike was my main in Brawl even though Marth was clearly superior and not as hard to play. I usually progress toward new mains as new Smashes are out(my avatar info makes it easier to understand). When I want to feel speedy, I switch to Marth.

Last edited:

Izayoi

zzz
NNID
iza-tomato
Corrin, Marcina, and Cloud.

...Cloud is my go to when I want to cheese through things because he's Cloud. And I'm not joking.

Casey Chase

Undine~
3DS FC
1521-4138-1029
I would say Corrin, but I haven't played with her as much so

Yesterday I barely edged out a set on Anther's against a Tink as Robin. He asked for a rematch, so I switched to Corrin and was dominant.

I'm nowhere near the mastery of Corrin as I am with Robin and this makes me sad

Degero

Smash Rookie
NNID
devonwfx
I pretty much never leave Robin, but sometimes I mix it up with G&W and C. Falcon when I'm bored.

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
If I were to pick just one out of all nine of mine secondary mains, I'd have to go with Pit, since I like characters with reliable recovery and a good projectile game. As I've said many times before, I like Pit better than Dark Pit simply because Pit's arrows are more flexible, if not as powerful. I'm still hoping they'll make Pit's Upperdash Arm into a more reliable kill move.

But yeah, even before Bayonetta, mine official co-main, was released as DLC, Pit has always been mine alternate pick from Robin when dealing with faster opponents. You could almost say Pit was mine previous co-main.

Clock Tower Prison

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5215-3120-4820
If I were to pick just one out of all nine of mine secondary mains, I'd have to go with Pit, since I like characters with reliable recovery and a good projectile game. As I've said many times before, I like Pit better than Dark Pit simply because Pit's arrows are more flexible, if not as powerful. I'm still hoping they'll make Pit's Upperdash Arm into a more reliable kill move.

But yeah, even before Bayonetta, mine official co-main, was released as DLC, Pit has always been mine alternate pick from Robin when dealing with faster opponents. You could almost say Pit was mine previous co-main.
Try to read an air dodge after you up-throw it can work sometimes.

nine secondary mains
Lolwut?

Last edited:

Kid-Pit

Smash Rookie
Well I play very projectile based with Robin so I change to Link because people expect me to spam progectiles and I rarely use them in nutraul or even for spacing.

Wnyke

Smash Cadet
Lucina, cause cordelia's colors make her hair red... I like redheads... lol

Bebbo

Smash Rookie
NNID
bebbothegreat.it
3DS FC
5294-1614-7029
I think dark pit is the perfect one to cover all robin's bad matchups

primogenitor34

Smash Rookie
NNID
GrumpiestTurtle
3DS FC
1221-0293-7644
I choose Jigglypuff when an aerial presence is demanded, Marth when combating speedier enemies, or Samus when I need to up my projectile game. I oftentimes pick Bowser or Link, too, should certain needs be required.

Toodenbelch

Smash Rookie
If my Robin isn't working out I'd prefer to switch to Corrin. For me it is not hard to transition to Corrin because she also uses projectiles which can help with combo game (fair strings and such) I play aggressively a lot so Corrin's counter is amazing when you are fighting someone who is used to you playing aggressive. Of course, you would probably get away with it once but if you use it right it can be a stock that you take. I think Corrin is really well to use as a secondary if you main Robin.

MrThatkidalex24

Smash Cadet
NNID
MrThatKidAlex24
I just go Rosie against projectile characters, Robin against heavys and fast fallers

Flareon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Phychic
3DS FC
1075-0904-3809
Switch FC
2251-4138-1049
Ike, Cloud, Corrin, and Mewtwo.

Last edited:

Emmington

Smash Cadet
I use Dark Pit as my secondary character most of the time; If I'm feeling bored I'll use Corrin instead.

Jakkun

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
5069-4413-4635
Corrin, and sometimes Greninja (even though I really shouldnt be subbing Greninja)

Dream Cancel

It's just good business
NNID
DreamXX
3DS FC
4571-1273-3502
Switch FC
SW-4309-2808-7588
I'm struggling with choosing an adequate secondary for Robin. I struggle against opponents who take advantage of Robin's extreme shortcomings such as poor ledge options and poor mobility against faster oppoents. Characters such as Cloud, Captain Falcon, Little Mac, and Zelda (for some odd reason) really give me trouble. I could grind out MUs (which I am doing) but I feel like if I play a character with better options in disadvantage with a better neutral, I could beat these players on mostly fundamentals. Could someone give me some suggestions?

I have a reasonably good Marth, Captain Falcon, and Charizard (lol wat). But none of them are to the level of my Robin. I am doing my best to practice them though.

SaikaGaleforce

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0920-3121-7264
i secondary corrin, because she covers most of robin's weaknesses, and i am also planning on picking up lucina just for her different playstyle

Top Bottom