• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Your Personal Worst Matchups

Everest

Smash Cadet
As a villager player, I must admit that besides the green ****** boxer, I hate personnaly Mario and Dr. Mario, their side B keep refleting everything I throw to them in my face (even the side smash I swear !) This is definitely troublesome move for me.

Also I fought an insane Lucario some days ago, who kept kicking my ass (a huge gap between our skill level). As I was about to say that I hate that Pokemon, the guy suddenly picked the villager after three or four fights and destroyed me again... And since I can't hate my own main character, I will just respond to this topic by : Marios, and Little Mac.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
For some reason, Mario always gives me problems. CPU, human, Mario always has been the one character through out all the Smash games to give me problems.

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
Oh yes, any CPU that's playing a character with a Counter will be the bane of my existence.
Namely Lucina (since I tend to fight against her as a CPU) I can't deal well with those point-blank Counters she pulls out of nowhere.

ChooChoo

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4399-0342-2350
Your own... personal... worst match ups.
Someone who kicks your rear end.
Someone who wrecks.

References aside, Greninja's size makes killing it with ZSS really hard. And Pac Man... it's like the guy has me figured out and lends every single person who plays him that knowledge.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Rosalina is probably one of my major weak points, as Rival Smash did show how impressive a high CPU-leveled Rosalina is.

It's one thing trying to use Rosalina, but when fighting against her, that's when things get rough. Facing Rosalina may be inevitable in All-Star Mode, but at least it's possible to do a Classic Mode run without seeing her at all.

Drexel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Valk54
3DS FC
4527-9856-8570
Peach has always been that one character that you just can't stand for me up until this Smash Bros. While she is stronger in this game, I find her easier to defeat now and can 4-stock CPU lvl 9 Peach anyday, which isn't saying much but that's more success than I've had against Peach in other games. :p

As if Ice Climbers were bad enough, Rosalina and Luma seem to be far worse than those glacier-scaling geeks with the way they can just bounce you back and forth. Though I have wrecked a few Rosalina and Luma's with the Doc. :4drmario:

Lucario honestly is scary to face. If you don't knock him out early enough, he will punish you, and Little Mac is always nerve-wrecking, though I have seemed to handle them fairly well.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
When I'm anyone not-:4palutena:, I'm helpless against stall-happy :4megaman:s. Just... Metal blade and crash bomb in alternating succession for five minutes straight, and when I try to stop it, I get punished.

Also :4sonic:, for similar reasons. And I don't have a counterpick against him.

many37

Smash Journeyman
NNID
many37
3DS FC
2423-4448-6030
Little Macs are very hard to approach for me (Ironic considering I tried maining him). Also I short hop a little too much.

Last edited:

Pas

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Antilochos
3DS FC
2277-6656-7895
I keep getting ruined by Ganondorf players. I find him hard to punish, and he's difficult to go in on for me for some reason. That choke grab into sweep combo just racks up the damage.

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
:rosalina: and :4greninja: are probably my worst so far.

Hahaha! Oh god, that Rosaluma/DBZ Gif is hilarious.

JML

Smash Cadet
:4sonic::rosalina: are the most annoying. Sonic more so than anything because I have no idea how to read his spins, and it's hard to punish mistakes from him because he recovers so quickly with another attack.

Chrono.

Definitely ZSS, by far.

I tend to fall for Ganondorf's suicide choke as well as getting KO'd by Bowser at low % due to me being stupid at dealing with them.

I can't counter Robin or Captain Falcon at all either.

Raw Lobster

Smash Rookie
I absolutely dread every single time I have to fight a Yoshi, Little Mac or Captain Falcon. They just destroy me. Rosalina too, but I dont see her to often online.

Pirate Hops

Smash Rookie
If I'm playing as Bowser fighting Little Mac is suicide, you literally don't even get to move, its embarrassing. Also if playing as Jigglypuff, Palutena basically won't let you do anything until you start combing your airs which is hard when your up against auto aiming and shield spam.

Also Little Mac has a pretty bad matchup against the side of the stage for me. -.-

DougX

Smash Champion
My Super Secret Underwater Volcano Lair in Space
NNID
Luigirasendori
3DS FC
0877-2652-6033
It can kind of vary on the player's skill, but I had a really bad experience fighting someone using Captain Falcon today. He kept getting me every time I tried to react to certain things and it was kind of annoying me. That Raptor Boost is OP in this game also... I forgot who else I was having trouble with. I can have a bit of trouble against ol' Mac depending on certain factors and I think I recall having trouble facing someone using Sonic as well.

(Luigi is my main as a note.)

EDIT: Screw King Dedede as well. Screw him. Just... Just screw him. ._.

Last edited:

Nebulax

Smash Cadet
Little Mac is by far the worst for me in this game. I also have trouble with Zelda, for some inconceivable reason.

Tubbers09

Smash Cadet
NNID
Tubbers09
3DS FC
4811-7028-1398
Switch FC
5712-1549-9596
Rosalina is one I always have trouble with. I was looking forward to her inclusion, now I want to never see her in this game ever again.

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
So far my personal worst match ups would have to be with Greninja, Zero Suit Samus and Little Mac. Everyone else I can effectively beat or be on equal footing with. However, with some more practice and patience I know I will destroy my worst match ups one day! Gotta be optimistic! :3

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
All of the Lil Macs who roll forever. They are not good. They are not even winning often. They are just taking advantage of his superior rolls coupled with input lag from online and it is driving me crazy.

My actual worse matchup is Rosalina. I use her sometimes and I can feel the pain my opponent must feel. It's 5 times worse when I'm actually fighting a competent Rosalina.

Last edited:

Chrisync

Smash Rookie
For a while it was Robin because ArcFire but not so much now thanks to handy reflects and phantom. Now its ZSS for obvious reasons.

One Handed Sword

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1005-9385-3445
Lucina,Marth,Sheik,ZSS,Duck hunt dog,BowserJr and Ness. I struggle alot with those mentioned characters. Although most of the time I can pull of a win it's just a struggle.

SwoodGrommet

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RIPinpieces
3DS FC
3652-0583-3903
:4bowserjr:and the Koopalings give me quite a bit of trouble too, depending on the skill level of the player. I don't see all that many people using them, so I'm sure if I just get more practice down, I'll be able to have a better understanding of them. I think I've figured that their main weakness is their slow attack speed; most of their attacks are easily punished if you manage not to get hit by them initially. That, and their predictable D-Air.

ChrisP4

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Christian.P4
3DS FC
5284-1444-6964
Definitely :rosalina: especially when you play against someone who knows how to use that luma. It's pretty difficult getting a hold of her to start up a combo as luma usually interrupts the grabs.

Top Bottom