• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Your personal toughest MUs

R3D3MON

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KeeHwang2010
Up air is really underestimated as a part of falcon's moveset. It is a very versitle move and is a great mixup as an approach. The knockback direction has a very wide variance, and I think wizzy can land it just right every time. It sometimes seems like a lot of Falcons play solely for that one offstage Stomp or Knee.
I know Hax was a big advocate of falling up-air as an essential part of Falcon's meta back in 2011-2012. Hax said that the timing for it was really tricky but the aim is to get the hitbox of falcon's feet right before landing. I think Isai was one of the first higher level falcons to really utilize it in matches, but it seems like Wizzy has reallly embraced that idea and expanded on it.

KEYLIME SSB

Smash Journeyman
I know Hax was a big advocate of falling up-air as an essential part of Falcon's meta back in 2011-2012. Hax said that the timing for it was really tricky but the aim is to get the hitbox of falcon's feet right before landing. I think Isai was one of the first higher level falcons to really utilize it in matches, but it seems like Wizzy has reallly embraced that idea and expanded on it.
I've always had trouble dropping SH falling u-airs into my neutral. I don't actually SHFFL with Y-button, I use the analog stick. I can actually aim my shffl aerials with air mobility and it's pretty helpful in landing stomps and knees in my approaches and out of shield.

R3D3MON

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KeeHwang2010
I've always had trouble dropping SH falling u-airs into my neutral. I don't actually SHFFL with Y-button, I use the analog stick. I can actually aim my shffl aerials with air mobility and it's pretty helpful in landing stomps and knees in my approaches and out of shield.
Nice. I play mostly project M so aerials and L-cancelling are a bit easier because I map by trigger buttons to be jump buttons instead of x and y, for me this setup makes the most sense ergonomically. I know Bizz (and other Ganon players) was a big advocate of analog stick for quick up airs, so it makes sense you would do it too.

I would probably **** my pants if I ever had to play against Wizzrobe's Falcon, holy moly.

Last edited:

KEYLIME SSB

Smash Journeyman
Nice. I play mostly project M so aerials and L-cancelling are a bit easier because I map by trigger buttons to be jump buttons instead of x and y, for me this setup makes the most sense ergonomically. I know Bizz (and other Ganon players) was a big advocate of analog stick for quick up airs, so it makes sense you would do it too.

I would probably **** my pants if I ever had to play against Wizzrobe's Falcon, holy moly.
That's pretty cool. Are Macros allowed in Proj M tournaments? You're probably screwed if mandatory UCF becomes a thing.

R3D3MON

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KeeHwang2010
That's pretty cool. Are Macros allowed in Proj M tournaments? You're probably screwed if mandatory UCF becomes a thing.
I have no clue. The Project M community does seem to be more open to controller modifications, but I'm not really playing at a level of gameplay for me to worry about UCF and such haha :p

Last edited:

KEYLIME SSB

Smash Journeyman
I have no clue. The Project M community does seem to be more open to controller modifications, but I'm not really playing at a level of gameplay for me to worry about UCF and such haha :p
This is probably a dumb question but who's your main and secondaries?

R3D3MON

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KeeHwang2010
This is probably a dumb question but who's your main and secondaries?
Nah you are all good. I'm sticking to G&W. I don't believe that I should train secondaries until I get good enough.

Last edited:

BuddydaBomb

Smash Rookie
Falcon vs Belmonts(Simon and richter) I hate how good there projectiles are and how they zone you. It is doable though

GhostM

Phantom
My difficult matchups with Falcon include both Falco and Sheik. Every other character I can deal with just fine except these 2 because of their huge combo game against Falcon. Falco with his lasers and sheik with her chain grabs.

Top Bottom