• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Your personal opinion on Brawl's Roster

How you rate Brawl's roster?

• 6/10

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5/10

• 4/10

• 3/10

• 2/10

• 1/10

• 0/10

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's been seven years since the release of Super Smash Bros. Brawl, and after waiting for almost three years for a Wii Smash Bros Game and after seeing many,many leaks. We got characters requested since Melee ( Sonic,Wario,Meta Knight,Wolf,Olimar,King Dedede,Charizard,Pit,etc),characters no one thought of ( Lucas,Ike,R.O.B.,Toon Link,Zero Suit Samus,etc), and the clones being cut. Do you think Brawl's roster have stood the test of time or not? Please explain.
In case you forgot the roster, here it is:
Mario
:mario2:
:luigi2:
:peach:
:bowser2:

Donkey Kong
:dk2:
:diddy:

The Legend of Zelda
:link2:
:zelda:
:sheik:
:ganondorf:
:toonlink:

Metroid
:samus2:
:zerosuitsamus:

Yoshi

:yoshi2:
Kirby
:kirby2:
:metaknight:
:dedede:
Star Fox
:fox:
:falco:
:wolf:

Pokemon
:pikachu2:
:pt:(:charizard:,:squirtle:,:ivysaur:)
:lucario:
:jigglypuff:

F-Zero
:falcon:
Earth Bound/Mother
:ness2:
:lucas:
Ice Climbers
:popo:
Fire Emblem
:marth:
:ike:

Wario
:wario:

Game & Watch
:gw:

Kid Icarus
:pit:

Pikmin
:olimar:

R.O.B.
:rob:

Metal Gear
:snake:

Sonic the Hedgehog
:sonic:

Freduardo

Smash Champion
I would have liked Little Mac and Ridley, but adding Wolf, Pit, Wario, Sonic, Lucas, and Diddy and giving me a surprise ROB, Snake, Ike, Dedede, and Meta Knight and so many others was totally great.

A shame about Mewtwo and Roy though.

Last edited:

Mario123311

Smash Ace
Pac-Man should have been in TBH. :S

Aside from the Inclusion of Sonic, Wario and Zero Suit Samus it was rather "meh" to me.

Last edited:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Very solid overall. Wario was my most-wanted at the time, everybody else - up to and including my main 'bot R.O.B. - was an added bonus.

Massively prefer Smash 4's roster, of course, yet Brawl had a few insanely hype newcomers.

Last edited:

Triggerpig

Smash Cadet
NNID
Triggerpigking
Definietly a great roster, sonics appearence was a big deal at the time, I still remember discussing that with friends at school, Wario is my favorite addition though, he'd been deserving of a spot for a while. Toon link was a cool inclusion, while he's sorta just a swap for young link, he has much much more personality which made him more fun to play imo.
Snake was an odd inclusion but he played fantastically shame he could'nt come back but considering Konamis lack of support for the wii u(and their now current lack of giving a **** in general XD), it made sense for him to be cut.

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
If we're just talking from a newcomer perspective, I think Brawl was the best roster we had. Melee may have added several of the all-stars but it only added 1 new series outside of retro characters and relied heavily on clone characters (5 to be exact). There were only 7 that weren't retro or clone character out of 14 that were added in melee (:bowsermelee::falcomelee::marthmelee::mewtwomelee::peachmelee::sheikmelee::zeldamelee:). Now look at Brawl, a total of 18 characters added and none of them true clones. It was the first time we got 3rd party support (:sonic::snake:) and filled in the gaps with many popular characters that had yet to be added (:metaknight::warioc::wolf::diddy::dedede::charizard:). While Smash 4 undoubtedly has the largest roster making it the best from a options standpoint, it relied heavily on lesser known new characters(:4robinm::4shulk::4palutena::rosalina:), clones (:4darkpit::4lucina:), and 3rd party support (:4megaman::4pacman::4ryu:) to carry its roster.

Even thinking about characters I want most from this game, most of them probably wouldn't have been added in Brawl anyways.

K.Rool - Had a chance to be added, wasn't but at least we got Diddy so I can't be too sad about him
Dixie Kong - Had a chance to be added with Diddy but was scrapped over her more important side
Isaac - Could have been added but it still a relatively small series and DD hadn't even released at that point
Impa - Would not have had the prominence she has now as she did pre-2008 without SS and Hyrule Warriors
Bandanna Dee - barely existed back then
Chibi-Robo - was an even smaller and less known than it is today and it's series still really small.
Bomberman - With the limited amount of 3rd parties being added and star power of the other 2 had no chance
Inkling - Didn't exist
Toad - Could have made it in but didn't have as many playable roles in the main games as he does now.
Bowser Junior - Not very prominent at that point only having 3 main game appearances before 2008.

Last edited:

Elin

Your face is strange... Is it always like that?
NNID
ShinySilverEevee
3DS FC
5301-1189-1305
No Mewtwo. 0/10
would not call that a complete roster.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
The nature of this topic doesn't really warrant much of a thread; it focuses on a past game, and the main idea can be taken to a more general thread, such as the DLC Discussion Thread (for characters who were in Brawl and absent in 4). As a result, it will be locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom