• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Your Opinion?

\\Killer//

Smash Journeyman
[10:59:39 PM] Killer: Hey lets play
[11:00:29 PM] MR BUSHIDO THE ***: I juz wun 2 be lef alone
[11:02:24 PM] Killer: We haven't talked all day!
[11:04:36 PM] Killer: Come on, Zenith is coming up
[11:04:43 PM] Killer: Don't you want to get stronger? :D
[11:06:33 PM] MR BUSHIDO THE ***: I won't become better by playing anymore
[11:08:18 PM] Killer: That's a first
[11:08:29 PM] Killer: Are you saying that you reached your limit or something?
[11:09:04 PM] MR BUSHIDO THE ***: Precisely, as far as in-game technical stuff is concerned
[11:09:16 PM] MR BUSHIDO THE ***: I can still practice stuff like fox shine cancels
[11:09:35 PM] MR BUSHIDO THE ***: But I will only become better as my mentality towards the game matures
[11:10:02 PM] MR BUSHIDO THE ***: I can stop playing this game now for an entire month and return a better player
[11:11:26 PM] Killer: I just want to know how you get so creative with your moves
[11:11:46 PM] Killer: I can barely do the back air, but you do as in you're certain every time
[11:11:58 PM] Killer: ^ with falcon
[11:12:08 PM] MR BUSHIDO THE ***: Do you mean for edgeguarding
[11:12:24 PM] Killer: I also suck at edgegaurding
[11:12:48 PM] Killer: but not for edgeguarding falcons backair that leads into something else
[11:13:07 PM | Edited 11:13:17 PM] Killer: basically, you use the back air sending your opponent forward
[11:13:31 PM] MR BUSHIDO THE ***: I do it on the spot
[11:13:48 PM] MR BUSHIDO THE ***: Not much thinking goes into it
[11:14:08 PM] Killer: now that i can understand
[11:14:19 PM] Killer: i basically don't know half the stuff i do, DI included
[11:14:24 PM] MR BUSHIDO THE ***: Nair sends further than bair so if you want a followup youre better off hitting a reverse bair
[11:15:02 PM] Killer: a reverse bair?
[11:15:15 PM] MR BUSHIDO THE ***: Isnt that what you meant
[11:16:52 PM] Killer: I guess that's how you call it lol
[11:17:41 PM] MR BUSHIDO THE ***: A back air that is hit in an angle where the trajectory is mirrored
[11:17:57 PM] MR BUSHIDO THE ***: wtf know your smash vocab
[11:19:42 PM | Edited 11:19:58 PM] Killer: yeah I'm kinda slow when it comes to the smash vocab
[11:19:47 PM] Killer: Its all in the hands =p
[11:21:20 PM | Edited 11:21:34 PM] MR BUSHIDO THE ***: Anyway why dont you make a smashboards thread about this conversation and see what people think
[11:21:23 PM] MR BUSHIDO THE ***: mite b cool
[11:22:18 PM] Killer: Why not?
[11:22:37 PM] Killer: I mean its a monday so its understandable =/
[11:23:01 PM] MR BUSHIDO THE ***: Im not being sarcastic xD

[11:27:34 PM] MR BUSHIDO THE ***: it's "your opinion" you're means you are
[11:27:37 PM] MR BUSHIDO THE ***: but ok
[11:27:43 PM] Killer: God damn it
[11:27:50 PM] Killer: I can fix it lol

Last edited:

Mr Bushido

Smash Ace
I am opinion?

Edit: oh edited

But yeah, I think in-game practice isn't all that important after a certain point and a lot of it has to do with mastering your chakra/nen

Last edited:

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
basically, once you've become technically sound, there's no reason for you to practice that kind of stuff anymore

you think ray allen still practices form on his free throws? nahhh

Shears

Smash Master
basically, once you've become technically sound, there's no reason for you to practice that kind of stuff anymore

you think ray allen still practices form on his free throws? nahhh
Actually Ray Allen might still practice free throws. He practices the same 3-point shot a hundred times before a game. He's a perfectionist, and if he's not hitting 100% then he is practicing it.

Mr Bushido

Smash Ace
it's all about that nen star ****, im not pulling a studstill here but

you can play this game for 8 hours straight and not improve one bit, just like how you can also not play this game at all and improve, by thinking of how you can improve in the area of the game's fundamentals e.g. spacing and ANGLING (****** dont know about angling and this saddens me).

of course you will have to pick the controller up again, but:

it is possible to become better by simply changing your mindset.

obvious enough isn't it

thank you very much off i go

oh and i adopted aa's style of typing with lower cases.

thank you

it also seems i have adopted kero's style of typing in one lines like this

on top of his anime metaphors

oh well

sucks to suck

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
Actually Ray Allen might still practice free throws. He practices the same 3-point shot a hundred times before a game. He's a perfectionist, and if he's not hitting 100% then he is practicing it.
but i doubt he's working on form, release, routine, and technique, ya know? practice for him is building a comfort zone instead of altering something to improve.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGDBR2L5kzI

Shears

Smash Master
You forgot an animal picture.

I completely agree though. I'm not the best or anything, but I rarely play the game (once in the past month and that was the low tier match with sman where I played with a character I've never used), and I feel like I keep improving because I play the game in my head and figure out approaches and ways to think and try to get a better mindset and perspective about positioning and defense, etc. Most of the game is played in your mind not in your hands, and I believe it makes more sense to practice your mind and train it than your hands. Obviously your hands are used to execute your mind, but theres plenty of people that look like they're good because they've practiced a ton of technical stuff but are easily beatable because they aren't playing with their mind. I won't call anyone out but I've beaten several people that think they're better than me because they think since they do more combos and more technical stuff they're supposed to be better, when they're not because they aren't playing as smart. Never missing a z cancel is less important than putting yourself in a position to punish someone, in my opinion. You don't have to be fancy to be good, you have to be fancy to pretend to be good.

Mr Bushido

Smash Ace
c'est précisément ce à quoi je faisais allusion, monsieur Shears. je crois qu'il est fort plus important de se concentrer sur comment on se positionne par rapport à l'autre joueur, les options que nous possédons et surtout les options dont l'autre joueur possède. il est primordial de repérer lorsque ce dernier est en désavantage ou ne peut faire recours qu'à une seule option. bien qu'il est important de jouer et de pratiquer pour savoir quoi mieux faire dans divers scénarios, j'ai joint dans la scène en 2008 et je ne crois pas vraiment avoir commencé à m'améliorer considérablement avant seulement très récemment.

The Star King

Smash Hero
I don't disagree that you can become better while not playing. What I DO disagree with is this one line:

[11:06:33 PM] MR BUSHIDO THE ***: I won't become better by playing anymore

...the notion that playing won't help.

Experience is experience. Experience is king. More experience is good.

it's all about that nen star ****, im not pulling a studstill here but
idk what the **** nen is ok thanks

spacing and ANGLING (*****s dont know about angling and this saddens me).
k smasher

it also seems i have adopted kero's style of typing in one lines like this

on top of his anime metaphors

oh well

sucks to suck
cashbah

you french speaking ****

Last edited:

Shears

Smash Master
I don't understand French but wow Google translate is the ****! Yeah my first real tournament (not the ones I had on campus and hustled stupid freshman and nerds for money) was last summer, almost a year ago. And I'm way better now than I was then and although I've played a lot more now than I ever played in the rest of my life combined, my improvement vs. time played is a much steeper slope than what I assume most people have because I've spent less time practicing dash usmash and more time thinking about where and when a dash usmash is a highly favorable option. Before Zenith I will take time to refine my mechanics and execution so I don't end up with tons of dash attacks or rising uairs, but that takes a couple hours, redoing the way you play and breaking habits takes days. And if you're playing constantly you're more likely to reinforce habits that occasionally work because its encouraging to see reward, than lose a bunch at first to build a habit that works much more often.

Experience is king.
Whatever you say @ The Star King The Star King

Last edited:

asianaussie

Smash Hero
this thread is just SK showing his shameful lack of anime prowess

every time i take a break from the game i come back and my fundamentals are usually better for a while, but thats only cuz i play other fighting games in lieu of smash

i think the only reason to keep playing people is to let them find holes in your play and then work on that a bit, and also to not have awful techskill

The Star King

Smash Hero
i think the only reason to keep playing people is to let them find holes in your play and then work on that a bit, and also to not have awful techskill
mad scrubs in this thread seriously

I can't believe what I'm reading

also I think you mean praiseworthy lack of anime prowess

asianaussie

Smash Hero
i mean what i said, lrn2nen

i remember that one time i finished exams and came back to smash after 4 months, and suddenly i could play fox

MrMarbles

Smash Lord
taking breaks gives your mind time to change and develop better strategies. practice allows your mind to solidify these strategies.

SilentShottt

Smash Cadet
c'est précisément ce à quoi je faisais allusion, monsieur Shears. je crois qu'il est fort plus important de se concentrer sur comment on se positionne par rapport à l'autre joueur, les options que nous possédons et surtout les options dont l'autre joueur possède. il est primordial de repérer lorsque ce dernier est en désavantage ou ne peut faire recours qu'à une seule option. bien qu'il est important de jouer et de pratiquer pour savoir quoi mieux faire dans divers scénarios, j'ai joint dans la scène en 2008 et je ne crois pas vraiment avoir commencé à m'améliorer considérablement avant seulement très récemment.
Wtf is this ****

Sangoku

Smash Master
Bien qu'il soit*

Personne ne te contredit, monsieur bouchideau, sur le fait que l'aspect positionnement du jeu est capital. Cependant, ce que veut dire le roi des étoiles est qu'on peu très bien repérer ses failles et les corriger en jouant. C'est d'ailleurs peut-être plus facile (plus intuitif conceptuellement en tout cas) de se dire qu'on verra mieux ce qu'on fait de faux lorsqu'on joue plutôt que lorsqu'on ne joue pas, car il est plus difficile de se représenter mentalement une erreur et ses conséquences. Constater une punition permet directement de se rendre à l'évidence que quelque chose n'allait pas et ça paraît donc plus facile de corriger ladite erreur.

Mr Bushido

Smash Ace
on peut*

tout ce que tu as dit est véridique, Tifa Lockhart, cependant, il est d'une importance capitale qu'un joueur maîtrise son chakra/nen. au moment où tueur m'a demandé si je voulais jouer aux supers frères de fracas, mon corps et mon esprit se sentaient comme deux entités séparées. je devais donc maîtriser mon chakra/nen/reiatsu/qi/haki/reading steiner et supprimer mes émotions pour atteindre un état de nirvana. en conclusion, ce que j'ai dis au tueur reste véridique en soi: je ne peux devenir meilleur dans cet état.

Last edited:

Sangoku

Smash Master
Une faute de grammaire est plus importante qu'une faute de frappe.

Hmm on arrive à des considérations qui dépassent mon niveau et je ne pourrais pas me prononcer là-dessus.

Mr Bushido

Smash Ace
humble de vous, Tifa (puis-je vous vouvoyer?). bref, en tant que modérateur vous ne devriez probablement pas encouragez cette espèce de "conversation personnelle" se déroulant entièrement en français et dont nous sommes les seuls participants. je nous encourage donc cordialement à reconnaître cette conversation comme étant terminée ou bien la déplacer vers skype / messages personnels.

Last edited:
Top Bottom