• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Your most valuable games?

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Fire Emblem Path of Radiance.

With Super Smash Bros Melee coming in second.

I could sell both games for over 60 bucks but Path of Radiance has a slightly higher price to it.

Zink Imp

Smash Ace
I have a lot of valuable GCN games.

Perhaps going a bit off topic, I do own some valuable games that are not on GCN.
I own a mint condition Fire Emblem 3 for Super Famicom that has never been opened, Endless Frontier for the DS, Namco X Capcom for PS2 and DDR Mario Mix, completr of course. Oh hey, that last one is GCN.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I really have no idea how much any of the games are worth

But I have 2 friggin versions of Wind Waker for some reason and I never bought even 1

Zuby

Smash Journeyman
I don't know about the various places you guys are from, but I think Australia was one of the first places to jump off the Gamecube and consequently looked really stupid when every person in the country bought a Wii and wanted to track down the back catalogue.

Now Gamecube games are 2-3x more expensive than X-Box or PS2 titles, and Nintendo First Party titles (Wind Waker, Metroid Prime etc.) start at $80 AUD.

It was really hard to find much when the Gamecube was current, but I built up a decent collection. The ones I own that I've seen selling for the most at second-hand retailers include:

Super Monkey Ball
Super Monkey Ball 2
Viewtiful Joe 2
The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time Master Quest
Super Smash Bros Melee
Mario Kart: Double Dash!!
Soul Calibur 2
Resident Evil 4
Pokemon Colosseum

I don't think any of them are actually rare or worth what Gametraders charge for them, but Australia created this scarcity situation and now has to deal with it.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
GCN games? For me only Melee. Pikmin 2, and FE: Path of Radiance.

Other games:
Earthbound (Boxed Complete Mint) - Rarest game I own
Boxed Copies of Pokemon Red, Yellow, Crystal, FireRed, Emerald,
Boxed Copies of Fire Emblem 1, 2, and 3 for the Famicom/Super Famicom
Pulseman (Boxed Complete Mint, Mega Drive)
Mega Man: The Wily Wars (Mega Drive)
Fire Emblem 5 (Retail Cart, Super Famicom)
Mighty Final Fight (NES)
Mega Man (NES)
Mega Man 5 (NES)
Dragon Warrior 3 (NES)
Xenoblade Chronicles (Wii)
Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn (Wii)
Super Mario All Stars (Wii, Complete)
Mega Man V (Gameboy)
F-Zero (SNES, Complete)
Digimon: Rumble Arena 2 (PS2)

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
I'm not sure on GCN games since I have like 2, but for others I have a Chrono Trigger, and a FFVI (as FFIII) that I got back in the mid-90s.

However, my 'babies' would easily have to be my complete collection of Suikoden games. From Suikoden 1, to Suikoden V (even with Tierkreis, though no Tactics), even and especially including a near mint condition copy of Suikoden 2. If there was ever a "My precious" when it comes to video games, it's those there, especially 2, which I spent 6-7 years trying to find a copy of.

Thought it'd be logical if I shared my most valuable games.

Super Smash Bros. Melee (GameCube): I've been through so many copies of this game, I've completely lost track of how many I've been through. Though my most recent copy, I actually got by trading my friend Call of Duty: Defiance for the Nintendo DS. I felt rather bad, but, I had to get the game somehow.
Phantasy Star Online: EpI&II (GameCube): A game most younger people probably aren't familiar with, it was a port of the rather popular online game that was on the Dreamcast. Managed to pick up a complete copy for $45, which is about it's used price on websites such as eBay, and Amazon. God knows how much it is new.
Super Smash Bros. (N64): Not as valuable as some might think, but I still cherish my copy of Smash Bros. for my N64. On eBay and Amazon I see it for $30+, which is relatively pricey for a Nintendo 64 game.
Super Mario Sunshine (GameCube): Though my copy has been through hell, Sunshine isn't a very cheap game on online retailers.

I probably have some valuable NES/SNES games, but I'm to lazy to go through them, I have a lot, heh.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I have a couple of valuable action figures

a prototype original TMNT figure that is more or less a repaint of metal head

They were going to release a full set of all turtles as robots

I also have a Leonardo figure from the new TMNT that is signed by the voice actor, I won in a contest

D

Deleted member

Only GameCube games, huh? For this list, I only picked games with used price tags on Amazon that are above $40, so don't expect to see Wind Waker, though I do own the game in good condition without the manual.

Mega Man X Collection
New - $120.00
Used - $41.25

Super Smash Bros. Melee
New - $106.01
Used - $49.99

As for games on other consoles I own:

The Legend of Spyro: Dawn of the Dragon (PS3)
New - $76.35
Used - $41.50

Xenoblade Chronicles (Wii)
New - $74.90
Used - $49.01

Last edited by a moderator:

Pokerhappy

Smash Cadet
Like many here, mine are Melee, Path of Radiance, and Radiant Dawn. After those, probably black-label Luigi's Mansion and Lost Kingdoms II (about $30 each, I believe). I don't have very valuable games.

Lost Kingdoms II is a fantastic game that I recommend at every chance I can, though, so yeah, everyone should play it.

Last edited:

Twewy

Smash Lord
Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 for PS2, or Limited Edition Modern Warfare 2. I used to have a factory sealed copy of Metal Gear Solid, but I opened it.

andsushi

Smash Rookie
I believe my roommate owns a copy of Battletoads. I heard that goes for quite a bit.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
I have Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes for GameCube, which apparently sells for a decent amount these days. Also a practically unused special edition Pandora's Tower (with the art book and metal case). Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn is pretty expensive too - finding it for €10 in the bargain bucket in HMV, complete with instruction manual, feels like the bargain of the decade, especially after seeing this.

Last edited:

Globe

I only care for waifus
A complete Persona 2. It tends to go for around 60 bucks. All I'm looking for is a decent price for a complete Persona they tend to go around 100.

LarsINTJ

Banned via Warnings
Like pretty much any other collectible, games lose a lot of value if they're not sealed within the original packaging. I possess no such games, all opened, nor do I wish to start hoarding sealed packs.

Last edited:

Grizzmeister

Smash Lord
NNID
Grizzster
Here are some of my more valuable N64 games in this picture.

I also own a sealed copy of Melee.

It's a "Best Seller" version, though, so that hurts its collectability and value a little.

JetSetWoodo

Smash Rookie
NNID
JetSetWoodo
3DS FC
0146-9264-6465
I don't think I have any super valuable games, certainly nothing beyond £60-80. But I'd say my most valuable are:

-Evolution Worlds (GC)
-Bangai-O (DC)
-Secret of Mana, cartridge only (SNES)
-Killer7 (GC)
-Paper Mario and the Thousand Year Door (GC)
-Suikoden V (PS2)
-Star Ocean 3 (PS2)
-Jet Set Radio (DC, GBA, though you can get both fairly cheaply)
-Tales of Symphonia (GC)
-Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings (DS)
-Dynasty Warriors 2,3,4,5 (PS2)

Grizzmeister

Smash Lord
NNID
Grizzster
I believe my boxed copies of Killer Instinct and Killer Instinct Gold are pretty valuable too.

They're both in really good condition which adds immensely to their value.

Milo AKA Papa

Activating Combat Mode
Switch FC
SW-4274-2684-5210
Every Tales Of series game I have <3 Final Fantasy VI and Chrono Trigger are favorites of mine too. Pokemon Coliseum and definitely the Hack G.U series as well.

Grizzmeister

Smash Lord
NNID
Grizzster
It's probably not worth a lot of money but I'm really fond of my Japanese Super Smash Bros. that I modified to play on a North American Nintendo 64 without the need for an adapter.

All I did was swap out the back of the Japanese cartridge with an American one using the tool shown in the photo.

Don't know what this modded game would go for on the open market today but years ago somebody offered me $50 cash for it when I brought it to a small local tournament. People also offered me big bucks for the official N64 controllers that I took apart and lubricated the thumb-sticks with ceramic grease. I refer to those refurbished controllers as having been "blueprinted" which is a term I borrow from the automotive world.

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
I have a working copy of Shaq-fu. I've actually got no idea if it's valuable, but it's a hell of a conversation piece.

Grizzmeister

Smash Lord
NNID
Grizzster
Value is often relative as it's based on so many factors. Beware though as many Ebay sellers jack up their prices in hopes of making unsuspecting buyers believe old games are valuable. Very few video games are actually worth a lot of money especially in the age of legal and illegal emulation.

Well, I haven't posted in a bit so I thought I'd bump this thread with some of my video game valuables. All avg prices are in loose/complete value, but not new.

Video Games
Smash Brothers Melee Avg. Price: $61.50 (according to http://videogames.pricecharting.com/game/gamecube/super-smash-bros-melee)
My copy is in wonderful condition. No visible scratches to the disc, complete with manual and all. However, I did end up replacing its case because the original had so many scratches and all, but again, the game is in marvelous condition.

Phantasy Star Online: Ep. I&II Avg. Price: $50-60 (I bought mine for $50 bucks, online.)
Though the disc has a few scratches, and the manual has a sticker on it, I'm proud to say I own a complete copy of this game. I traded in its case that had the Serial Number in it to gamestop a long time ago, but still, proud that I own a complete copy of this.

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year-Door Avg. Price: $30-45
Bought this game around 2008-2009 new on Amazon for about $20. I own the case, and game, however I no longer own the manual. The game also has scratches on it, but it still works.

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time N64 Collector's Edition Avg. Price: $35-50 (loose value)
I bought my copy off of eBay for about $35 bucks. It was in marvelous condition, however I unfortunately do not own a case/manual.

Now, to some consoles.

Nintendo 64 (Jungle Green, Jet black)
Jungle Green Avg Price: $50-80
Jet Black Avg Price: $30-40

I own 2 Jet Black N64s, and 1 jungle green N64. All in good condition, with power adapters and coords. However on 1 jetblack, it's missing its lid where the pak goes...lost it when i was a little kid whenever i would play DK lol.

Indigo Gamecube Avg. Price: $30
Visibly it looks great, however it seems to have this problem where it will take some rubbing the eject button to close.

Due to lack of time, I must be going...I'll update when I have time.

Grizzmeister

Smash Lord
NNID
Grizzster
I suspect that all the Super Smash Bros. games will hold their value well since people will probably be playing them competitively for years to come. Wouldn't surprise me one bit if 10 years from now clean examples of Melee are going for $500.

On some of the fan sites I frequent I'm noticing a lot of retro game collectors selling off their entire library of old games. Word on the street is that the retro gaming bubble is about to burst so be careful when considering a purchase of a so-called "valuable" game. Some games will continue to escalate in price but those will be few and far between.

pershona

Smash Journeyman
Probably my Melee copy, but even then i think the PAL version isn't as rare. Can go for like 30-50€ sometimes though. Most gamecube games in general seem to be rare from my experience.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Most likely my copy of Path of Radiance, Xenoblade Chronicles, or Melee.

Top Bottom