• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Your Most Epic Moment While Playing A Game

JanitorOfHyrule

Smash Cadet
NNID
JanitorOfTermina
Oh good times me and my friend had 3 stock i was playing as Wario he was playing as Ness i knocked him off final destination he was using his recovery so i took out the Wario bike got off it before it flew off final destination it hit Ness then he died i still lost that match though lol

SomewhatMystia

Smash Lord
NNID
SomewhatMystia
3DS FC
2750-1555-1721
Smash specific? Three level nine CPUs in Melee. Got a star as Bowser and Bowser Bombed an unknown-to-me explosive box. Triple kill.

Otherwise? Hmmm... Probably way back when I played WoW for the first time. Coming upon Ironforge was just super awe-inspiring and I don't think anything else will ever quite beat that. Maybe beating Touhou 8 (Imperishable Night) on Normal for the first time, if you want a 'sweating buckets for fear of ****ing it up' kind of epic.

Last edited:

Twewy

Smash Lord
Warcraft 3: Frozen Throne. That mission where you have to save Tyrande with Malfurion and Illidan.

They kept wrecking my N.Elf base, so I had some Wisps build wells in hidden areas while Illidan kept suicide bombing the Scourge base with Nagas and turtles and other fun things with fins. I barely made it, man.

Epic, as in "Damn son you got #rekt", though? TF2, I was playing Sniper and panned a Soldier+Medic combo to death and came out in one piece.

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
Probably completing a Living National Dex in Pokémon Black 2. I've been a Pokémon fan practically all of my life, with Red having helped me learn how to read, and that sudden realization that I finally did "Catch 'em all" was pretty emotional. I felt on top of the world.

If epic is more of an action-y moment though, I guess I'd have to go with the Roxas and Axel battle in Kingdom Hearts II. I was kinda neutral on Roxas and just wanted to move on in the story and get magic, but the moment he pulled out the two Keyblades, I was hooked on him... Unfortunately that was his last fight, but Roxas is still my favorite video game character ever.

But if epic is more of me doing something epic than the game doing something epic, I'll give it to Mario Kart 7. I was doing a time trial of Rainbow Road as Daisy on the Dolphin Dasher. I was near flawless and I was set to beat the staff ghost by a long shot when I reached the final lap. Then, as I took the first dive of that course and pulled a wheelie, hitting a boost pad, Daisy flew a short distance off the track. I reeled my Wiiwheel in the opposite direction and she somehow survived. I've never beaten that time.

Booster

Smash Lord
Turning off Dark Souls and never playing it again

Blowing up a Reaper in Mass Effect, one of the only moments I liked throughout the entire, overrated series.

MirrorTael

Smash Cadet
Beating Culex in Super Mario RPG was pretty fantastic. Also, just managing to beat the first Sonic game is a feat in itself.

synesthe-sia

Smash Journeyman
I used to be into GTA 5 Online. I stopped playing because it's a piece of **** game and Rockstar doesn't care about it at all. But I suppose I'll rant on that if you make a thread about the worst online experience. Anyway, all you do Online is kill people, basically. There's not a lot of co-op unless you have friends and of course, being me, I have no friends. So, I'm on top of a roof in downtown Los Santos and this guy is across the street on another roof, which was a bit shorter than the one I was on. I took a total shot in the dark and threw a grenade across the street. It hit him and I yelled "YES!" By far my best kill in any video game ever. He didn't even try killing me back. He probably had to walk away from his TV and digest what he had just seen. :grin:

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
If epic is more of an action-y moment though, I guess I'd have to go with the Roxas and Axel battle in Kingdom Hearts II. I was kinda neutral on Roxas and just wanted to move on in the story and get magic, but the moment he pulled out the two Keyblades, I was hooked on him... Unfortunately that was his last fight, but Roxas is still my favorite video game character ever.
Roxas is epic, definitely. Although not my favourite character of all time, he is definitely my favourite Kingdom Hearts character. The first KH game I played was Chain of Memories but the game I remember a lot was 358/2 days where Roxas is the lead. And dual bladed Roxas is just awesome.

I played KH1 and KH2 later, but Roxas still remains my number 1.

You get him for like only 30 seconds though at full power in 358/2 days >.< But he is still epic there as well!

My most memorable epic moment would be hard to define as I have had many but these 3 things come to mind including the above 358/2 days moment.

1) The final battle in Golden Sun 2. When suddenly a huge 3 headed dragon is summoned out of nowhere and we have to fight him. Although not a very hard battle but the boss, along with the reveal it brings after its defeat, makes that moment really high in my books.

2) The 8th day on Naoya's path on Devil Survivor Overclocked. The final boss battle where the ultimate boss descends from the sky, challenging the main character and his party. Defeating bosses at god-tier level is never too ultimate.

3) My first G-ranked Jhen Mohran kill. I was 30 minutes into the quest and was fighting Jhen solo. He had body slammed my ship multiple times but had started to retreat. My ship had reached the "Danger" stage and was about to break. He advanced on my ship for a last slam to make me fail my quest. Luckily my hunting gong, had just refreshed and I was able to make him fall. Now I didn't expect him to be very near death so I went into his mouth and started cutting. My final fade slash killed the monster and I see Jhen rising up as it dies AND I am thrown out of its mouth as that happens! That was truly epic and (Monster Hunter) ultimate!

I might have had better moments but I can recall these 3 which in my opinion, were amazing!

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
Roxas is epic, definitely. Although not my favourite character of all time, he is definitely my favourite Kingdom Hearts character. The first KH game I played was Chain of Memories but the game I remember a lot was 358/2 days where Roxas is the lead. And dual bladed Roxas is just awesome.

I played KH1 and KH2 later, but Roxas still remains my number 1.

You get him for like only 30 seconds though at full power in 358/2 days >.< But he is still epic there as well!

My most memorable epic moment would be hard to define as I have had many but these 3 things come to mind including the above 358/2 days moment.

1) The final battle in Golden Sun 2. When suddenly a huge 3 headed dragon is summoned out of nowhere and we have to fight him. Although not a very hard battle but the boss, along with the reveal it brings after its defeat, makes that moment really high in my books.

2) The 8th day on Naoya's path on Devil Survivor Overclocked. The final boss battle where the ultimate boss descends from the sky, challenging the main character and his party. Defeating bosses at god-tier level is never too ultimate.

3) My first G-ranked Jhen Mohran kill. I was 30 minutes into the quest and was fighting Jhen solo. He had body slammed my ship multiple times but had started to retreat. My ship had reached the "Danger" stage and was about to break. He advanced on my ship for a last slam to make me fail my quest. Luckily my hunting gong, had just refreshed and I was able to make him fall. Now I didn't expect him to be very near death so I went into his mouth and started cutting. My final fade slash killed the monster and I see Jhen rising up as it dies AND I am thrown out of its mouth as that happens! That was truly epic and (Monster Hunter) ultimate!

I might have had better moments but I can recall these 3 which in my opinion, were amazing!
I'm so hyped for the Roxas fight in 2.5... but I'm afraid that I'll never get to it since I'll be too busy with Smash :|

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
I'm so hyped for the Roxas fight in 2.5... but I'm afraid that I'll never get to it since I'll be too busy with Smash :|
Yea. I can't get it either since I don't have a PS3. Square Enix and their weird decision to not put the Remixes on the Wii U! Or even the Xbox Once since KH3 is coming out on it, but NO they want to put the third game straight away on it without any of the previous games....

Back to topic. The Roxas battle is amazing in KH2:FM, saw it on Youtube. Roxas is epic and I prefer him to Sora... Now those were some ultimate battles.

I will probably be busy with all these amazing games as well, Smash, Bayonetta, Hyrule Warriors and what not!

Adding to the thread: another epic moment was Roxas just before the final boss battle in 358/2 days. Dual wielding Oathkeeper and Oblivion and smashing those big black heartless (forgot their names) with one shot each! Now that was some epic power.

Roxas had to lose later to Riku just because of the plot....

Last edited:

9Blades

Smash Ace
NNID
Venusboshi04
3DS FC
4210-4504-3290
Beating Mike Tyson in Punch-Out!! Oh wait, I never did that.

Most epic moment probably was beating Kefka in Final Fantasy VI Advance. Don't think I've had a feeling that matched watching him dissolve into tiny squares (Pretty much what happens when he dies) and letting out a squeal realizing I finally beat an FF game.

ShyGuy16

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Juliansg16
3DS FC
0516-7704-2697
Alright I have a few stories.

It was TF2, and I was playing our only Medic in a Turbine. For those not in the know, the objective there is to get to your enemy's base and steal their intelligence, while simultaneously protecting your own. Since nobody else wanted to do it, I went to go check on our Engineer and his little Turret complex he has protecting our hallway. He was doing ok, no Spies or anything. I peek around the corner and see 3 enemies about to come wreck him. There was a Pyro, a Soldier and a Scout, which one little Turret might have trouble with. I yell over the mic, "YO WE NEED SOMEBODY BIG TO COME DEFEND THE INTEL!". All I get is "Sorry dude, we're all waiting to respawn." So it's me and this Engineer against the odds. I get the stupidest idea ever. I beckon the Engineer over and Ubercharge him, and ask him to quickly pop in and out of the hallway to make them think we have some bad dude ubered in the hall. Sure enough they back off for about 10-12 seconds before they realize that there's this Uber'd Engineer (which can't stop these bad boys), but by then this big Heavy runs in behind me and mows down their entire crew. In that same game I headshot-ed an invisible spy about to get that same Engineer with a critical crossbow arrow. My team was floored by this crazy Medic.

Also for TF2 there was this time that I (once again being a Medic) played the Mann vs Machine co-op mode, where you fight hoards of robots. Our Pyro, who was sitting there in their spawn area scattering and wrecking, gets swarmed by Heavybots. While the rest of the crew freaks out and retreats, I run past them and Ubercharge the dead Pyro, which brings him back to life almost immediately. I died within a fraction of a second afterward, but it inspired the rest of the team to move back in and finish off the bots while yelling how nuts I was.

Also a few years ago I played Pokemon Silver and beat the entire Elite Four with a single (not too high level) Togetic. Dem Metrenomes.

Twewy

Smash Lord
In TF2's Mann Vs. Machine I crit-punched a giant robot Soldier about to deploy the bomb and won the wave.

Dan Soup

Smash Rookie
Halo 3. Playing co-op on the Covenant level. Flew a Hornet with my friend on the side over an enemy Scarab and dropped my friend off. He fights off a load of Brutes with covering fire from me and goes and destroys the Scarab's reactor. As it's overloading he runs back to the top of the scarab where I've parked but can't find me because he's bad at videogames. After some yelling he figures out I'm just behind him and grabs on. We barely get clear before the Scarab explodes, shaking our Hornet as it does. It felt like a movie.

TheAppleFreak

Smash Rookie
NNID
TheAppleFreak
TL;DR big battle pew pew pew dakka dakka enough salt to fill the oceans

Planetside 2, during the Mattherson vs Waterson Server Smash. For those who don't know PS2, it's an MMOFPS with hundreds upon hundreds of players fighting concurrently across land and air on four "continents." Sony Online Entertainment used to run a number of East NA servers, but these eventually got merged into one server. Before the final two servers (Mattherson and Waterson) merged, the player base asked SOE if they could engage in a cross-server, 288v288 man fight to determine what the new server would be named. SOE agreed, and cordoned off their Player Test Server so the match could take place.

While I was representing Mattherson's TEST Outfit, I didn't get to play until the final third of standard play. Our platoon (48 people) had to hold a valuable base on the bottom right corner of the map, fending off an incredibly strong offense from an enemy platoon on two fronts. We never let Ymir Biolab leave our hands during the match.

The match time came and went into overtime, where all bases that were secure would be taken out of play. My platoon cleaned up our fronts, securing Ymir for ourselves but losing the two fronts we were trying to push. Our platoon leader sends all of us to The Octagon, one of the few bases still left in play, and we fight along another platoon to take the base. Flying troop carriers (Galaxies) overhead provided spawn points for us, and the mass of us fell down into the base in a steel rain of drop pods, bullets, and aircraft. Friendlies rushed from other bases, bringing mobile spawn points/APCs with then. The enemies responded in kind, throwing a huge barrage of anti-vehicle rockets and grenades at them. Those that survived quickly set up heavily defended spawns around The Octagon's walls. As I spawned in after dying, jets and debris filled the air. Bullets flew from all directions, becoming a dazzling light show of tracers and death. A MAX turned to shoot me but was killed by falling pieces of aircraft. Every shot I took hit somebody, be it enemy or ally. All 48 people in our Teamspeak channel were shouting orders and information, wanting nothing more than victory. Death was cheap, but even it strained at our limits when a line of tanks were able to destroy our primary spawn point.

At this point, at least a half hour into overtime, Waterson was ahead 45-42. Both The Octagon and Esamir Munitions Corporation were worth four points, meaning that if Mattherson captured either base, they would win the match. Command made the hard decision to redeploy all forces to EMC, where we had several spawns available and a capture point in our possession (tough, but advantageous compared to The Octagon). As soon as a Galaxy was in their airspace, we immediately spawned in and rained down to the facility. Waterson command got the message quickly enough, and they redeployed all of their troops to EMC as well. Tanks and aircraft swarmed from the vehicle pads to take out our spawns, only to be met by very hard hitting AA flak guns and tank mines. Infantry poured out from every crevasse, assisting the aurora overhead with lighting the battlefield. Navigating the bridge between the two watchtowers that make up the base was perilous at best, but we slowly pushed towards the point rooms, throwing more bodies at the enemy than they could kill. With 30 seconds left on the defense timer for EMC, we made it to Bravo point and captured it for ourselves. The fight wasn't over yet, however, as we still needed to flip the base ownership for ourselves, which with two of the three capture points would take about six minutes. This was when our platoon lead told us to put on our MAX suits and assault Alpha point.

My platoon had no hesitation as we suicided and respawned, this time in our armored mechanized exoskeletons with powerful anti-infantry guns. We met up on the stairs with a second platoon, all Medics, Engineers, jetpack-toting Light Assaults with C4, or over shield-toting Heavy Assaults. As a united zerg, we rushed into the final point building, both blindly firing into enemies and teammates alike and throwing grenades at everything that moved. Somehow, in the madness, we made it to the point and flipped it, reducing the capture timer to just under 90 seconds. Defense was virtually impossible, given that the base was obviously not designed for a concentrated 500+ man fight and given that our computers (including the server) were universally just barely running the game at just barely slideshow framerates, but somehow we held our ground. I saw a Light Assault drop a block of C4 into the point room; I tried to react but ended up being part of a huge multi kill.

Watching from the map overview, waiting for my spawn timer to expire or for a medic to revive me, I saw the icon for Charlie was red, signifying it had been taken by the enemy, and the icon for Bravo was flashing. Our capture progress, just under five seconds now, halted without the cap point advantage. Everything went still in that moment; the sounds of all of the frantic yelling over Teamspeak and all of the explosions and gunfire fading away to nothing. Almost all of our forces were focused on Alpha; a Bravo defense would be extremely difficult given the time constraints. It could be it for us.

With baited breath, I saw the point stop flashing. It had once again reverted to its glorious purple diamond, signifying that our faction held control of that point. And with that, the capture timer resumed its glorious countdown.

*ding*

The Vanu Sovereignty has taken control of this facility. Excellent work.

And with that, it was over. We had won the Server Smash. 45 minutes into overtime, Mattherson had won with a final score of 46-46. The final battle had over 500 unique participants. We had won it by one point.

Our cheers and shouts of joy rang through the Teamspeak, growing louder and more voluminous as the dedicated platoon channels were merged into one. We fired Lashers in the air in celebration; a group of us returned to warpgate to pull a fleet of Galaxies to crash into their warpgate. Our teammates from [GOKU] said that in this moment, we were all Ginyu Force; cross-faction chat was filled with us gleefully shouting GINYU FORCE RULES.

A week later, the servers officially merged into one, taking on the name Emerald instead (both as a goodwill gesture to a very salty Waterson and as a nod to Planetside 1's Emerald server). That update also saw EMC being renamed Mattherson's Triumph and The Octagon being renamed Waterson's Redemption on all servers, to commemorate the largest fight ever fought in PS2.

For me, I'm honored to have not only been there, but to have fought in it. While I'm not eager to be in another 12FPS lagfest anytime soon, the scale of those battles is what makes Planetside such a great and irreplaceable game for me. May Emerald always be the crown jewel

LinkSword93

Smash Cadet
NNID
Umdytr
3DS FC
3668-9197-4509
Solo fight against Kratos in Tales of Symphonia. The fight itsef was relatively easy, but the characters, context, music and just the idea of battling him by myself all felt awesome.

As runner-ups I'd probably say the fight vs Saturos in Golden Sun, or just getting through the Venus Lighthouse at the end of the game (that theme is forever etched in my brain).

Last edited:

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
As runner-ups I'd probably say the fight vs Saturos in Golden Sun, or just getting through the Venus Lighthouse at the end of the game (that theme is forever etched in my brain).
Can't believe that i forgot that! To me the Saturos fight was epic but the most epic fight was against Fusion Dragon at the end of Venus Lighthouse! More epic than the fight vs the other dragon or even Dullahan!

MrRickerman

Smash Rookie
after many years playing this game, i can still very clearly remember the first time e got 4 stocked in my terms. altough a match that it was mine to lose, it was amazing to see my friend going isai mode on me and ending all my stocks with his last one. after a day of soccer and hangin around, we decided to pop in the good ol' smash 64, and what it seemd as a simply fun and joyfull time, it became a war betwen gods, as some of my friends that werent playing said to me after it all happend. we were on a tie, 12 wins for me, 12 for him. i had my game face on with my black falcon ready to **** him up. with the stage on random we ended up going to yoshis island, and 3 nes stocks went quick and swiftly, but what followed was, in my mind, the best nes play of all time.

smash or not related, that was one of the most amazing expriences of my life!

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
One moment just happened yesterday: Beating Orcs Must Die!'s last level: Finale. Let's just say it's hectic, stressful, and absolutely satisfying murdering orcs and finishing the game.

Cammed Z28

SB-Jgd = My FG gamer tag
3DS FC
2852-9484-2780
Beating Majoras Mask with all masks and side quests complete on the first play through, at first I hated the game. Then I stopped comparing it to OOT and ALTTP and started to enjoy it immensely. When I defeated the final boss that was an epic feeling. Then again so was completing every other Zelda game as a kid. My first was ALTTP then Links Awakening, OOT, Mm, WW, and so on. Last title I played was TP and I didn't even finish it......boooo

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
I got a new epic moment, not as epic as most but cool nonetheless.

I was playing a game of Xenoblade and was doing the endgame stuff a few days ago. Sadly the final boss was not as epic as I would have liked, the superboss as a side boss before him definitely was.

I had already beaten the lvl 120 Superboss called as Avalanche Abassy and now I was just grinding to max all my party members skills and arts. While at it, this guy spawns again right beside me and an unwilling battle starts. I hadn't really prepared for this fight i.e skills AND arts (except my 100% Debuff resist gems on at all times and luckily Night Vision VI gems) and my party was one I was just using to hear their banter and cause it was a fun team. (I think Seven, Shulk and Riki).

I fight this guy fully expecting to lose, but I was doing good. Near the end, he casted awakening (boosts his levels and stats) and I got a vision forecasting certain death. My party gauge was not ready for saving my party and I just rush the boss trying to kill him in the remaining 16 seconds. Luckily I hit tons of critical hits JUST before my timer reaches 0 and I won!

That felt so good and so unexpected. Although the superbosses weren't that much of a challenge, this was a fight I was not expecting to win.

Liam_Butler

Smash Apprentice
I was playing Smash with my friend, and I was Falco and he was Marth, and it was last stock, and he tried to spike me, but I managed to do my Up+B, so his response to edgeguard me was jump down Counter. So, I couldn't go towards the ledge or he'd hit me farther, so I did it vertically, trying to make him fall before me, but then he Up+Bed and shot me off the side of the screen.

_Magus_

Smash Lord
NNID
DeadlyTaco
3DS FC
1306-7596-5996
Last night, i was playing ssb4 with a friend. I bowsercided, then realized we were playing 3 stock and that we still had a stock to go. I proceeded to fair him off the edge, then grab him with side b and bowsercide again from mid air. So epic.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
I once got Dullahan in the arena in Golden Sun 2. Being in the arena meant my party were all at half HP at the start of the battle, and Mia was at like 25% PP, meaning healing was nearly out of the question. And two of my party died on the first turn.
I managed to keep Isaac with his 99% Megiddo equipment setup alive the whole battle, and won because of it. Having to constantly swap out the other three members of my party, and trying to keep them alive, was pretty stressful though. The fact they kept dying and having to be swapped out meant it was nearly impossible to get off any Summons, but eventually I somehow managed to end up with a specific combination that allowed me to summon Iris, turning the whole battle around. It took me absolutely ages to finish, and the sense of relief when it was finished was unbelievable.

A Gray Person

Smash Cadet
NNID
Gray21oh
3DS FC
1719-3271-0480
I guess the one moment I can think of was when I beat Mountain of Faith with 1 credit on Normal. At the time I was pretty crap at bullet hell games and with me being a relatively new Touhou fan at the time I was a little bummed I couldn't beat the games on that difficulty.

I pursued to try and practice and 1cc these games. Mountain of Faith I tried my hardest to beat it on Normal and gave it all I got. It came to a point which I got up to the final pattern and one day I've managed to do it. I managed to beat MoF on Normal and I screamed out my joy once I beat it and just scream out YES!

Though nowadays I can beat the games on Normal with a lot of resources and even beat a few on Hard it was still a glorious moment for me and one which I'll probably cherish the feelings I had to this day.

I mean I could have run a marathon feeling like that.

tl;dr I beat a Touhou game on Normal years back, how minuscule is that?

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
I once got Dullahan in the arena in Golden Sun 2. Being in the arena meant my party were all at half HP at the start of the battle, and Mia was at like 25% PP, meaning healing was nearly out of the question. And two of my party died on the first turn.
I managed to keep Isaac with his 99% Megiddo equipment setup alive the whole battle, and won because of it. Having to constantly swap out the other three members of my party, and trying to keep them alive, was pretty stressful though. The fact they kept dying and having to be swapped out meant it was nearly impossible to get off any Summons, but eventually I somehow managed to end up with a specific combination that allowed me to summon Iris, turning the whole battle around. It took me absolutely ages to finish, and the sense of relief when it was finished was unbelievable.
Yea Dullahan in the arena can be a real pain. As if the battle in the main game wasn't hard, he can be much tougher in the arena as the combat is scaled. Especially if one's party is at level 99.

Isaac was the one with 99% Meggido equipment instead of Felix? You have my approval.

I also had tough times with him in the arena. Thank goodness I didn't get him back to back. Now that would be absolutely horrible.

SomewhatMystia

Smash Lord
NNID
SomewhatMystia
3DS FC
2750-1555-1721
tl;dr I beat a Touhou game on Normal years back, how minuscule is that?
Given how stupidly hard (or maybe I'm just bad at bullet hell) those games are? Pretty huge, especially since my only Touhou game beaten is Imperishable Night, and even then I used a few continues because the Marisa fight is awful.

edit: No, wait, I'm a liar. Beaten PCB on Normal with a continue or two, too.

Last edited:

Zink Imp

Smash Ace
World of Warcraft story. So this was 2013 I think.
I was still a level 85 tank warrior and the game was well into Pandaria. I never did Cataclysm's end raid, Dragon Soul, and I wanted to finish that before moving onto Pandaria. I assembled a group mostly consisting of 90's for 25 man. Anyone who has done Dragon Soul knows that you can't plow through it: you have to actually know what you're doing, even if you're above the initial max level it was designed for. We mostly failed because level 90s though they could just hit anything and survive. None seemed to listen to me until the 2nd time we would die on a boss. We had a ventrillo running.

So, we make it to the final boss: Deathwing. I know what I'm doing (I'm basically the MT at this point). Deathwing was at about 3% or so when more fireballs started dropping from the sky. A lot of our group was already wiped from not jumping onto the right platforms. After these fireballs, I was the only one standing. Hearing moans that we wiped, I hollered "I WILL FULFILL MY DESTINY!!!" as I charged forward and used basically all of my cooldowns. After hearing a faint whisper "oh my god" from someone on vent, Deathwing goes up in flames. I think I did technically die from a debuff after the cutscene but eh. I beat him good.

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
When I beat Jasmine's Lv.35 Steelix with my Lv.15 Togepi. It was the greatest haxfest that ever went in my favor. Only 2 accuracy debuffs on Steelix and it was missing every attack. I was so happy.

One Handed Sword

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1005-9385-3445
The most epic moment of gaming was the tower of dawn in Prince of Persia sands of time. All my sand tanks are gone and I had to survive on very low health. I managed to finish off the sequence and I was treated to the most mind bending plot twist of all time ( To my young selfs mind). I will never forget POP for the rest of my gaming years due to it being the first game I was brave enough to play.

SomewhatMystia

Smash Lord
NNID
SomewhatMystia
3DS FC
2750-1555-1721
Dragon's Dogma is the most satisfying thing ever.

I was fighting a cyclops, one of the bigger enemies of the game. Like, you can climb on them and focus on certain bits like some kind of terrifying Monster Hunter x Shadow of the Colossus nonsense. So I, because one of my NPCs told me to, knock the thing's club out of his hand and all is going well. He swings less quickly, has less range, all that nice stuff.

Then it hits me, bringing me down to double digit HP, a mean thought could kill me at this point. And we have no healing items.

So I just kinda hang back, let the NPCs do their thing. Then it picks up the club and goes ape****, charging people and basically going berserk. I knew for sure that we were dead.

And then one of my NPC buddies move out of the way just in time for it to run off the cliff and die.

Last edited:

Chinaux

Smash Ace
First pentakill in league.
As Ezreal, I missed my ult but then just went HAM. It was a great feeling.

BerzerkPixel

Smash Cadet
I was at my friends house playing Paper Mario The Thousand Year Door when I was like 10. We were going to fight the Shadow Queen. I didn't have much of a strategy. Just throw out Supernovas and Vivian's specials and call it a day.

I lost twice. The third fight was the final one of the night. The fight went on. Ran out of FP. No more Star Power. All partners dead. The next move will kill me. Wouldn't you know it, it is the super-powered move that was coming up next to destroy an entire night's worth of hard work.

Then, the craziest **** happened.

I SUPERGUARDED the attack AND got the Three Shine Sprite Bingo next. We screamed our heads off. I will never forget that day.

Lemon Girl

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Maguitus
3DS FC
0147-0570-9943
In TF2 pretty much every triple Airshot I pulled off, and yesterday when playing Pyro, I burned a Soldier, reflected a rocket at point blank and inmediatly fired a flare intercepting him at a VERY long range, I just screamed at my mic "WHERE YOU AT?!", felt so good.

In Bravely Default, while fighting the semi-final boss, my team was destroyed by an attack except for Agnés who resisted with like 100 hp, then she proceeded to use her special which can "cure" KOs and gives 2 BP to all of them, so everyone was good as new, and after a few turns later I won the battle :'

MajinBuu272

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KidBuu9000
Switch FC
SW-5273-4956-4209
Dragon ball Z budokai tenkaichi 3... beating survival mode with Yajarobe... look him up, you'll see why i was impressed with myself...

Grizzmeister

Smash Lord
NNID
Grizzster
Here's my most epic Mario Kart 64 memory.

During the holiday season of 1997 my local Blockbuster Video had replaced Super Mario 64 in the promotional kiosk with Mario Kart 64. As some of you may be aware, MK64 is my favorite game on the N64 having spent literally hundreds if not thousands of hours playing it with friends. I was in Blockbuster browsing around Christmas time because N64 games were still rather pricey back then so I tended to rent before committing to a purchase.

There was a hardcore gamer looking guy of about 19 years old playing Mario Kart 64 and I could tell he had some skills because he was pulling off mini-turbos around just about every corner. He must have noticed me watching him because he arrogantly mentioned that MK64 was also a multiplayer game and would I like to race against him. I hesitated for just a brief moment but instinct got the better of me and before I knew it I had controller number 2 clutched tightly in my hands and I was counter-picking Wario to his choice of Donkey Kong. I guess in the heady moments leading up to our race I reckoned he'd try to bump me off the track if I picked a lighter yet more forgiving character like Toad or Yoshi. I let him pick the track and engine size for our Versus bout - he showed absolutely no mercy by picking Royal Raceway and 150cc so immediately I knew this guy meant business.

We both got the turbo at the start of the race which seemed to take my opponent by surprise and I felt him hesitate ever so slightly as we approached the first turn. He compounded his error further by not getting a full mini-turbo which allowed me to pull ahead as we made our way down to the edge of the lake which rests tranquilly at the center of the track. As luck would have it, I had picked up a single banana as my item and I opted to gamble by dropping it at the bend rather than dragging it behind me. My gambit paid off as I heard DK squeal in distress as he spun out of control and in to the lake. Within ten seconds of the start of the race my opponent standing next to me was already grumbling under his breath. He was far too skilled and hardened a warrior to admit defeat so early as he knew that Mario Kart 64 offers up a wicked level of handicap advantage to those who fall behind, and sure enough his next trip through an item box rewarded him with a deadly red homing shell. By this point I had also been granted a practical implement, given the fact that I was in first place, in the form of a green shell and this time I wisely chose to drag it behind me for defense. Yeah, this guy was quite the tactician as he showed the patience to wait until I was on the other side of the ramp and in the S-turn before launching his homing shell but to no avail as it harmlessly hit the green shell I had in tow.

By this point a small crowd had gathered behind us to take in the spectacle. I never dared look back at them as I knew a victory would take every ounce of concentration I could muster but I was aware of the spectators at a near subconscious level. Besides, they occasionally made their presence known by their guttural gasps whenever they sensed a possible lead change.

Royal Raceway is a very long track and we did jockey for position several times as the slightest error on either of our behalves would cost us the lead. It became apparent the winner of this race wasn't going to be the person with the better driving ability but the challenger with the sharper mind and an edge in luck. Much luck was needed too as Versus also ramps up the excitement by placing yellow bombs on the track which can be, and often are game-changers if one errantly collides with them.

On that day chance was on my side as I was able to lay down a suppressing field of bananas near the end of the track. In fact, there were so many bananas strewn about that we both started to slide on them as we headed down the homestretch. My victory was assured only because I was able to pull myself out of the slide by a deft tap of the brake and regain just enough control to stay on the course. As I did - the half dozen or so people watching erupted in to a roar with some of them even stepping forward to pat me on the back.

Yeah... that was a moment that I'll never forget and part of the reason why the N64 will always hold a special place in my heart.

Lemon Girl

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Maguitus
3DS FC
0147-0570-9943
Dragon ball Z budokai tenkaichi 3... beating survival mode with Yajarobe... look him up, you'll see why i was impressed with myself...
But Yajirobe is pretty good in BT3, besides he can heal completely with a Senzu bean.

MajinBuu272

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KidBuu9000
Switch FC
SW-5273-4956-4209
But Yajirobe is pretty good in BT3, besides he can heal completely with a Senzu bean.
thats how i did it, luckily heal with the senzu bean every once in a while... i usually play as kid buu, but i ouldn't beat it with kid buu... and yajarobe cant fly unless you give him the flight customization

Top Bottom