• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Your most anticipated part of Smash 4.

Mighty_Guy100

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Mighty_Guy100
The next chapter in the super smash bros series is nearly upon us, bringing with it unique characters, new features, and rosalina :). But what has you the MOST pumped?

It can be a character, a stage, luigi's nose, custom moves, a gameplay mechanic, an Alt, power ups, Amiibo, Music, game mode, basically anything that has you hyped for the next smash!

For me it has to be custom moves. Gives my favorite vets some new tools, and adds more meaningful content.

Mario can have a shoryuken.
Samus with new missles.
Fox with two new blasters.
DK can shoot a fricking tornado!
Jigglypuff going to have two alternate rests, WTF are they going to do!
The fact that you can access them easily from the CSS.

This feature has me really excited for both casual and competitive (hopefully) play, and put my early fear of smash 4's moves-sets (for veterans) being to similar to brawl at rest :jigglypuffmelee:.

So what has you the most hyped?

P.S: please keep it to confirmed content from sakurai and the leak, this isn't a speculation thread :).

Raijinken

Smash Master
Robin because totally called it months before the reveal.
Custom moves because more diversity in play at all levels.
Stat changes because more diversity if people don't ban them offhand.
3DS because finally a portable Smash game.
So much good stuff, I can't pick.

Triblaze

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Triblaze0
I really want to see the veteran changes in action and a epic competitive scene!

Niala

Smash Ace
Challenges.

Assuming, of course that there's not one that reads "Collect all the stickers."

If I have to do that again I'll pop a cap in Sakurai's ass.

Raijinken

Smash Master
Challenges.

Assuming, of course that there's not one that reads "Collect all the stickers."

If I have to do that again I'll pop a cap in Sakurai's ***.
If I have to do that again, I'll pop another hammer through that challenge window and not worry about it.

Seriously, that was the worst ever. >.<

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
Well newcomers aside...

Other stages having FD forms, that makes me so happy...while I enjoy "fair" stages, most people I play with will ONLY play on FD...now it can look different with other music...this is so epic. Pls Gaur Plains FD form..pls

Custom moves are interesting as well. So are new colors like Fierce Deity Link and alts like Alph (Although I will stick with Olimar) and the Koopalings (I really hope the announcer will say their names when they are picked/win/during cheering!)

KaZe_DaRKWIND

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5043-2124-2144
I think honestly the feature that has me most excited is the Alt costumes. Maskless Metaknight Kirby, Dark Samus, and Fierce Deity Link.

Now that I think about it I wonder if that last one means we'll be getting Majora's mask remake soon.

Final destination stages are cool too.

Last edited:

Casshern X

Smash Rookie
Geez, that's kind of a hard one. Hm...well, I have to say that I'm looking foward to the online mode. Hopefully this game will actually be playable and have a way to track wins/losses.

Close second would be Mega Man. His inclusion in this game still gives my gaming heart some warmth. :p

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
To play as the newcomers. Uniqueness has definitely been an emphasis this time around and they all appear to show their fair share of different play styles.

The music, the stages and the HD.

Renji64

Smash Lord
My favorite aspects of this game is more competitive friendly. I also like the visuals alot on wiiu and the character moveset diversity.

Last edited:

ShyGuy16

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Juliansg16
3DS FC
0516-7704-2697
The concept of having a new Smash at all, let alone 2, is more than enough hype for me. But when I heard there was going to be a Kirby Air Ride City Trial style mode that will have online capabilities, my hype skyrocketed. I had to see a hypetologist, and my hype levels are now being monitored regularly. Hopefully I won't need a Hypendectomy.

pickle962

Smash Lord
Mostly the game having a stronger emphasis on roster balance, but also Sakurai throwing us competitive folk a delicious bone this time around. (most if not all of Brawl's scrappy mechanics are GONE and MetaKnight according to Zipzo and his recent playtime with the Japanese pre-release demo has actually as a matter of fact received some much needed nerfs showing that yes, Sakurai's a man of his word when he said that more time would be spent balancing the playable roster.)

Vann Accessible

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2208-6640-6360
I can finally be Little Mac.

Seriously. I've been waiting for Little Mac in Smash since Melee was announced.

Only took about 14 years to get my wish. ;)

Seraphim.

Smash Ace
NNID
Seraphim35
The evolution of the metagame, especially with the diverse movesets and possibly the use of custom moves really excited to see how the game grows.

ItsRainingGravy

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-5960-2538-9300
Custom moves, and their potential implication to the competitive scene.

Also, the Blue Bomber. :4megaman:

laces

Smash Cadet
Finding the weakest, low tier character and make them sexygood.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
What I'm most anticipating is the next golden age of smash. It's going to be a new renaissance for the community as we explore and test and probe every inch of smash4 for the next year if not more while wave after wave of new comer and old smashers like myself joyfully join the community and make it stronger.

It's going to be better then the game. It's going to be glorious.

Last edited:

FalconSoup

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShadowMetal
3DS FC
4511-0759-5924
Switch FC
SW 7216 6722 4029
Generally, being able to get a fresh start with a new Smash game. I've been playing the previous games forever, and I've waited so long for this game that I'm more excited to get to the menu.

JamietheAuraUser

Smash Lord
Um... a lot of things, really.
— Smash Bros. on a handheld!
— Actual combos.
— Mii Gunner looks awesome.
— Zelda looks awesome.
— Villager has some of the most conceptually overpowered special moves in the entire game.
— Actually Villager in general just looks awesome.
— Robin looks awesome. (Only dislike is that Ignis isn't his/her Up Special, nor is it in his/her Final Smash. Oh, and also that the Final Smash doesn't include female Robin's awesome sword critical animation.)
— Pit looks awesome.
— Lucario looks awesome.
— Lucina takes all my favourite things about Marth and removes my least favourite.
— Greninja looks awesome.
— Sheik's new Side Special looks awesome.
— Palutena looks awesome, even if she's kind of a jerk and I somewhat dislike her character design. Autoreticle and Reflect are beast.
— Sonic looks awesome.
— Rosalina looks awesome, even though I'll probably suck as her.
— Mega Man's Final Smash is pwnsome.

Xuan Wu

Valor Ablaze
NNID
Xuanwu_2014
- Seeing how the new Classic and All-Star Modes look like.
- Finding out how the new game mechanics affected my main.
- Determining whether my main has been buffed or nerfed.
- Playing multiplayer with my relatives and friends, like in the Melee and Brawl eras.

^-^

Last edited:
Top Bottom