• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Your Mains Two Best Stages, And Their Two Worst Stages.

MrStardustRicon

Smash Cadet
NNID
MrStardustRicon
:4lucas: I find his best stages to be T&C and FD, DH is pretty good and I've heard good things about DL but I don't really see it. Alternatively I've heard people say that Smashville is bad for Lucas, but I don't really see that either. I despise Battlefield and Lylat though.

Lag Chan

Fastfall Nair Everyday
NNID
BlankaHondaShrek
I'll give my best thoughts on the Mii Fighters since I tend to play all of them these days.
All of these assume Default Miis
:4miibrawl:Best Stages: Town and City/Smashville
:4miibrawl:Worst Stages: Final Destination/Duck Hunt
:4miigun:Best Stages: Final Destination/Town and City
:4miigun:Worst Stages: Lylat Cruise/Dreamland
:4miisword:Best Stages: Dreamland/Battlefield
:4miisword:Worst Stages: Final Destination/Duck Hunt
:4miibrawl: Brawler benefits greatly from anywhere he can get early kills from, so naturally TCs small blast zones and platforms, plus SVs moving platform can both help him out nicely. On the flip side, FD has no ways for Brawler to get early kills and the tree on DH is the only option there. Plus, the lack of good platforms can hinder his approach, means he has only one way to move through long range normals and projectiles.
:4miigun:Gunner benefits well from anything that lets them go ham with their projectiles, so FD is perfect for them. TC also has the low blast zone and platforms which helps with kill moves, since they're mostly vertical. The platforms are pretty high too, so they're better for Gunner to retreat on rather than opponments to use to approach. That's why LC is bad for Gunner, platforms help opponments approach, plus the tilting stage can mess up their projectile game. DL platforms are awful for her too, low enough to help approach but too high for her to use Utilt and Usmash on like on BF
:4miisword:Swordfighter loves platforms, helps his recovery in that he can just side b over the ledge and land on one for easy revovery, plus he can use his good range aerials underneath them to pressure opponments easily, including his amazing Uair which is his best kill move. Hence why the lack of platforms on FD and limited platfotms on DH are no good for Swordfighter, though probably not as bad as it can be for Brawler

Last edited:

Appl3

Smash Rookie
I competed in a tourney on Friday and I found that my Falco did pretty good on Smashville (floating platform saved me many times) and Battlefield, BF is any quick characters best stage.

I _hate_ LC...that stage always gets my ban :lylat::smash:

As a BowWow main (and an aspiring Mario player) I was wondering who could help me out with striking stages.

My guesses as far as good stages:
Smashville/T&C
FD
Duck Hunt
and any other Omega stages

These are due to Bowser's slowish movement in the air compared to the S tiers. Platforms seem to also mess with with Bow's UpB (Which does a good amount of %age)
These are more open allowing Bowser to create stage control and keep it while still punishing.

Correct me if I'm wrong and tell me what stages to ban.

-Bard ~~JoMo~~

Floor

Floor | Defiant of Destiny
NNID
SerPete
3DS FC
1736-3913-7675
In almost every case, I would probably say Smashville followed by Battlefield and/or FD. In the case of :4charizard:, I'd replace Battlefield with Omega Wily's Castle since it gives me a tiny bit more flex room with trying a Flare Blitz read. Generally speaking, I tend to go off of personal preference (e.g. Smashville) rather than specifically the character.
:4charizard:'s best stage is Duck Hunt. There's the Z axis thing that i won't get into, but you need to up throw at stage left. You land on the high tree and KO at like 40

This is a question for everyone. I play on the 3ds and don't have much experience with wii u stages, so can anyone recommend a stage for my mains :4lucina: and :4cloud2:? And what should i ban against my arch nemesis :4diddy:?

Last edited:

MarioManTAW

Smash Ace
I play Villager. I tend to prefer stages with platforms, especially SV, where I can camp with bowling ball/pots. Also, stages with solid walls make his edgeguarding formidable. I think Duck Hunt could very well be his most advantageous stage, but I don't particularly care for it, just because I find the ducks distracting. Also note, I have never played on Dream Land.

kendikong

Smash Journeyman
It's a mixed bag for Zard.

One one hand I prefer omega stages because the opponent will have no platforms to retreat to and I can more easily predict and punish their landings with run up USmash or a flare blitz.

But then with Battlefield or Dreamland, the platforms can protect zard from annoying aerial approaches like ZSS down b or Cloud's dair. And the high platforms can lead to earlier Uthrow kill.

In the end, I always opt for FD, just because of familiarity from for glory, and it's easier to autocancel my nairs with the platforms out of the way.

BlazikenGod

Smash Cadet
NNID
TheBlazikenGod
3DS FC
4270-2333-8179
For Villager, Lylat's my personal favourite, Bowling Balls fo days. Aside from that, it really depends on the mu, e.g. i ike using duck hunt and fd against roy
For Rosa, i love town and city, the low blast zones on the top and luma's Uair makes it really easy to get early kills. Second is probably duck hunt.

Worst for villager is FD or T&C, villager is really light so it's easy to die early from a well placed Uair near the top on T&C. FD is annoying against another projectile character like Toon Link.
The worst for rosa imo is Lylat, the tilting platforms with rosa's admittedly tricky recovery makes is harder to grab the ledge and i just end up landing under the stage. Also not big on FD for rosa as well.

Last edited:

Derpnaster

Smash Journeyman
Link, Greninja (What I consider ready for comp play)
Sheik (Still in for fun mode only not good enough yet)

Best stages are Battlefield and Halberd (Banned) Both are great for Link who is my primary character and Battlefield is good for Greninja because I can abuse the platforms with his god tier movement for hit and run and then a quick combo for kill or an offstage gimp to glory.

Worst stages are by far Lylat and Duck Hunt (Formerly Delfino)
Lylat's small size, odd platforms and tilt makes life hell for Link and Greninja can't move as well on a smaller stage, not to mention using any movement special is a risk because the stage might not be there for me when it finally procs.

Duck Hunt just messes up my flow, I can't really wall or play Link's neutral well and since Link lacks mobility the dog and ducks make it hard to actually fight, For Greninja it's freaking tree campers, he's too light to risk going up there and the tree's platforms make it hard to get a good aerial.

ShadowKing

Smash Ace
NNID
TheShadowKing24
3DS FC
4785-7167-2769
Roy and Mewtwo

Best Stages:
Roy: Final destination and Smashville. FD for many reasons 1st Roy can keep your opponent to the ground and hes power and great combo game at low % will let you rack up damage to K.O percent and Smashville that single platform will help Roy get out of combos for being a fast falling character.
Mewtwo: Battle field and Lylat. Bf and Lylat is mostly for the platforms and m2s Usmash and Uair and Nair help damage opponents from above.

Worst stages (Both)
Personal opinion is mostly the small stages because mewtwo is very light and any characters that can get the kill on Roy first will have a advantage.

Last edited:

Synchronize

Smash Cadet
For me personally,
:4falco:
Final Destination: No platforms so I can maximize the use of my lasers and easier to combo with the lack of platforms they can tech onto. Also I find it a lot easier to position myself here.

Town and City/Smashville: I can work with whatever platforms appear and most of the time I use them to extend combos for earlier kills. They also open up a lot more kill options for me with good positioning on the platforms.

Worst would be

Delfino Plaza: Wtf is this? I swear the amount of times this stage has saved my opponent and screwed me over is too damn high. I'd get someone off stage and suddenly a platform is underneath them to save their ass but when I'm offstage the stage suddenly moves away from me and I lose a stock... BS stage this is...

Pilot Wings: Why tf is this stage even legal in my locals? Honestly this stage has killed me more than anyone else in my entire smash career.

ELITEWarri0r115

Smash Ace
Being a Roy main, I do Like Suzaku Castle and Umbra Clock Tower. Suzaku castle may have a lot of platforms, but it gives some advantage and coverage of the stage itself against the opponent. Umbra Clock Tower even gives that final destination feel until the platforms come flying in, as that gives interesting strategies. (Don't ask Wii U stages, I don't own one.)

Last edited:

InfinitySoul

Smash Apprentice
Necrobumping the thread. I hope it is not forbidden

:4pit: and :4darkpit: like Lylat and BF/DL. As his USmash can reach from under the platforms.

FD and T&C are his worst because less freedom to run around.

But they adapt well to stages, aren't that much "stage reliant". So banning your worst stages is probably better than banning their bests.

Clell_Tickle

Smash Rookie
:4falcon:: Most definitely Battlefield, and I would guess Smashville. Battlefield platforms really help with mix-ups and extending Falcons combos A LOT. Smashville's moving platform can get you some really early kills if the stars align and you happen to get a sweetspotted bair or throw on someone when the platform is close to the blast-zone.

Worst, would be Town & City and Dreamland. While T&C's really low blastzones can be seen as a plus, in addition to platforms, they actually feel like more of a nuisance and work against me. A lot of times platforms on that stage save my opponent and give them an optimal punish, and since they are so high off the ground, i can't really get any sort of combos out of them. And also the platforms moving offstage tend to kill people every now and then.

Dreamland, one word. Wind. Just that one thing, absolutely wrecks me on that stage, as it completely ****s with my recovery, getting rid of any horizontal movement I inputted during the recovery, leaving me helpless and often falling to my death, or open for spike.

InfinitySoul

Smash Apprentice
:4falcon:: Most definitely Battlefield, and I would guess Smashville. Battlefield platforms really help with mix-ups and extending Falcons combos A LOT. Smashville's moving platform can get you some really early kills if the stars align and you happen to get a sweetspotted bair or throw on someone when the platform is close to the blast-zone.

Worst, would be Town & City and Dreamland. While T&C's really low blastzones can be seen as a plus, in addition to platforms, they actually feel like more of a nuisance and work against me. A lot of times platforms on that stage save my opponent and give them an optimal punish, and since they are so high off the ground, i can't really get any sort of combos out of them. And also the platforms moving offstage tend to kill people every now and then.

Dreamland, one word. Wind. Just that one thing, absolutely wrecks me on that stage, as it completely ****s with my recovery, getting rid of any horizontal movement I inputted during the recovery, leaving me helpless and often falling to my death, or open for spike.
I have a CF friend who told me that Duck Hunt was his personal best stage becaue the tree's branch is perfect for combo. What do you think ?

Last edited:

Routa

Smash Lord
Updated my list

Brawler :4miibrawl:
3DS best stages:
-DL64/BF
-Prism Tower
3DS worst stages:
-FD/Omegas
-UCT
Wii U best stages:
-DL64/BF/Miiverse
-T&C
Wii U worst stages:
-FD/Omegas
-UCT

I use Brawler with a Piston Punch so stages with plathforms are a must have. Add to that Brawler's lack of neutral... Well going to a flat stage is a bad idea. DH is indeed bad stage for Brawler due to lack of plathforms, but unlike UCT you have ducks to protect you from projectiles and couple plathforms that are excellent for PP killing. Even tho UCT has near blastzone plathforms... Well they aren't there for long time and the lack of plathforms most of the time on such a big stage is a no no for Brawler.

Swordspider :4miisword:
3DS best stages:
-DL64/BF
-Yoshi's Island
3DS worst stages:
-FD
-DH
Wii U best stages:
-DL64/BF/Miiverse
-T&C
Wii U worst stages:
-FD/Omegas
-DH

Just like Brawler, Swordspider is a fan of plathforms. Like Lag Chan mentioned, Swordspider needs plathforms for recovery and killing. T&C is mainly a good stage due to good plathform placings and lower ceiling which boosts his horrible kill game. The plathformless transformations are doable with Chakram. But being on a stage with no plathforms or what so ever is a bad idea.

Last edited:

Bowserboy3

Asking mum how to talk to a lady
NNID
Bowserboy3
I'm honestly unsure what I feel are the best stages for my mains. However, I do know that they all benefit far more from stages with platforms. I suppose I'll go ahead and just state my two favourite picks for each character I use competently.

Favourite 2 / Least Favourite 2

:rosalina:: Town and City and Smashville / Final Destination and Lylat Cruise (not to say I dislike FD, but I prefer all the others. Lylat can suck one)

:4marth:: Smashville and potentially Lylat Cruise / Duck Hunt and FD

:4bayonetta:: Town and City and Smashville are my favourite two picks, but I honestly can't decide on a definite two worst. I would say Duck Hunt for sure, but all the other stages work. I like platforms for extending combos, but Battlefield's celing can make some combos less threatening. Dreamland is a little lower which is nice. Then again, too many static platforms gives my opponent more options to avoid/approach me, so FD isn't too bad either. Lylat is an oddity for me, so I'd probably say that for the second worst. If I want platforms, I will go Smashville or Town and City.

:4zss:: Town and City and Dreamland / Unsure of FD, Duck Hunt, and Lylat.

Clell_Tickle

Smash Rookie
I have a CF friend who told me that Duck Hunt was his personal best stage becaue the tree's branch is perfect for combo. What do you think ?
Honestly, I haven't played on Duck Hunt enough to really give an opinion. Most of my friends exclusively play Smashville, so its rare if I can get on Duck Hunt. But that does sound right.

Shollyboster

Dead Memes and Broken Dreams
NNID
112345brian
Honestly, I haven't played on Duck Hunt enough to really give an opinion. Most of my friends exclusively play Smashville, so its rare if I can get on Duck Hunt. But that does sound right.
What about FD?

PoisonouSoap

Smash Rookie
NNID
PoisonouSoap
:4charizard:'s best stage is Duck Hunt. There's the Z axis thing that i won't get into, but you need to up throw at stage left. You land on the high tree and KO at like 40

This is a question for everyone. I play on the 3ds and don't have much experience with wii u stages, so can anyone recommend a stage for my mains :4lucina: and :4cloud2:? And what should i ban against my arch nemesis :4diddy:?
You're gonna want to ban any open and flat stages, because Diddy can easily stuff Charizard's landings with banana if he doesn't have any platforms to rest on. I'm able to just wait in shield until you land, throw a banana and up throw up air you again. I'd say if you're playing against Diddy, take him to Lylat Cruise (I know its a Wii U stage but if you go to tournaments you will have to deal with it) because Diddy's banana is a lot harder to throw straight forward due to the nature of the stage and the tilting.

Top Bottom