• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Your Luigi KO tactics.

Bane84

Smash Journeyman
Just wondering how the rest of you get your KOs using Luigi. Some things I've found myself using are:

• Using fireballs on players that like to perform dashing attacks repetitively.
  • Using the Luigi Tornado as a "dash" attack. His regular dash attack is OK too due to the multi-hit and final blow which causes some knockback.
  • Using his side throw. I find myself throwing quite a bit to get my KOs, as usually I'm playing against somebody who has faster attacks, so a Smash attack is generally out of the question.
  • And if throwing doesn't work, rolling behind the opponent and attempting a quick side Smash counter once they miss with an attack.

I'm still getting used to the rolling turnaround, as I normally find myself attacking in the wrong direction after I dodge an attack. :dizzy:

ZOOL!

Smash Rookie
Shorthop Dair, repeat as necessary until your opponent is dead. Once they're off the stage you might want to switch to bairs.

Eten

Smash Ace
Shorthop dairs on the stage to knock them out, or a dair spike off the stage, bairs in the air, fsmash, upsmash, up-B(quick one or two hit jab combo can help line this up, and such), and backthrow. Luigi is good at KOing, most of what I listed will KO at really good %.

Magnacor

Smash Ace
I use foward smash a lot and then fall up with edgeguarding my opponent to their doom. when I'm at high percentages and got nothing to lose I'll try to go for the jab to fire jump punch.

Timeaisis

Smash Cadet
I have to first get used to using bair more, since they nerfed fair in this game and I used that quite a bit in melee. I usually try to throw them off the stage, then spam dair until they die. If that doesn't work, I try out Fmash and Usmash, and if I really feel like I wanna push my luck. The good 'ol Fire Jump Punch.

Neo M.J

Smash Apprentice
I used to rely on his fair in melee, but now I use bair or dair for it.

Jaykizzle

Smash Cadet
melee had those awesome dairs and fairs for luigi and they were awesome kill moves....like you would literally run off fd to make sure captain falcon didn't up b to the ledge.

now it seems that his smash attacks are the only way to go. =/ im ok with it...but i miss jumping of the stage for a kill.

Eten

Smash Ace
Just jump off the stage and do it with a bair.

Also, I forgot to mention luigi can KO with a sex kick pretty well too. Not as low as his smash KOs and firejump punch or sweet spotted bair or a spike, but still works extremely well.

kainsword

Smash Journeyman
I get most of my kills by follwing up Smash Attacks with edgeguarding. I'll jump off the stage and use Dairs and Bair to finish the job in most situations. I don't know why, but I haven't been doing too much grabbing in Brawl yet. Pummeling has been sped up for every character, but I just don't like how throws just aren't as killworthy at higher percentages for most characters.

scooter388

Smash Rookie
I start them off with a double to triple u-tilt (3 for heavy or space, 2 for light), then hit them with an up smash, jump up, and use any airial move other than d-air. at this point, they're above 45%-50%. Just soften them up a little more till they're above 70% and start using b-airs, n-airs, back throws, and downward angled f-smashes to finish them off, and don't be afraid to follow them, after all, Luigi has one of the best vertical recoveries (jump, down b BEFORE you reach the top of your jump, then up b).

Flyingmonkey

Smash Cadet
SH Dair, and if they shield, Uair, and then Fire Jump Punch ('cause there's no landing lag on Uair).

Also, Back Throw off the edge, and if they recover low, fall down and Fair/Dair them, then Tornado up (repeat)

Mama_Luigi

Smash Rookie
1)Most of the time I do tons of fox trotting doubles to confuse and when I get close I shorthop Dair or Nair til their percentage gets up. If they dash a lot then I fireball them making them stop middash followed up by a grab or fsmash

2)start shield grabbing them and tossing them down and hit them with a well placed aeriel (preferably Bair), or I toss them left or right and try to KO them.

3)If they still are trying to come back I do just some simple edge gaurding stuff, hugging that sort of thing with Bairs.

Shaftobi

Smash Rookie
I think that a dashing up smash (headbutt) works pretty good too. It releases very quickly, and opponents often think that your going to to his regular dash attack. Hope this helps XD

Timeaisis

Smash Cadet
Yeah dashing Usmash is pretty sweet.

Also, I like to dash, neutral the control stick, and let him slide. He slides far after his run and your opponents usually don't expect it. Plus you can charge up your Usmash up while your sliding to them.

0RLY

A great conversation filler at bars and parties
Nair kills off the top easily. Jab to fire punch gets kills easily due to the awesome nature of jabs in brawl. Edgeguarding merely helps chip on damage for me. A lot of characters have amazing recoveries. Luigi is still pretty slippery in brawl, this essentially allows you to use smashes while moving. I miss wavedashing a lot. Find ways to exploit his lack of traction to improve your game.

C 3

Smash Ace
Nair, Bair, Fsmash, Usmash, Dsmash, Up B. His Dair and Fair were nerfed quite a bit, and only kill at higher %'s. His Up B is super sexy in this one (like it was in SSB).

I suggest:

jab - Up B
jab x2 - Up B
weakened Nair - Up B
Dtilt - Up B

You can variate this slightly, but those are really useful.

Rabble2

Smash Rookie
my favorite thing to do is run at someone then sidestep the attack
Luigi's dodges are my favorite
to KO i use up and forward smashes
i dont like his grabs

you can kill vertically oriented recovery-using characters (newb ike) with the bair gimp
i announce Bob$ ko when that happens

Jaykizzle

Smash Cadet
lol yeah sliding is a good approach and kill for luigi...
can you do it with the other smashes tho?

Bishop_S

Smash Cadet
Um... well I dont know these terms... fair? nair? dair? or something.. I assume they're air attacks..... I enjoy using directional air attacks for quick KOs near the edge or even the middle if their damage is high enough.

I also use the side Smash attack as well...

But I also enjoy the Green Missile when damage is high enough.... Misfire or not, I usually go for that when the people's damage is above 100%.

I also enjoy the Fire Jump punch.... it's pretty easy (for me at least) against a big and/or slow guy like Dedede, Charizard, Bowser or Ike... (Though if I mess up, miss time, or hesitate doing it against Ike, I expect to be KOed myself)

Eten

Smash Ace
forward aerial = fair backwards aerial = bair downwards aerial = dair upwards aerial = uair neutral aerial = nair OR sex kick

directional+a on ground = directional tilt so up tilt is also utilt and so then is ftilt and dtilt
From there you can make sense of dsmash, upsmash, and fsmash. Follows a pattern, no? Perfectly reasonable shorthand.

Top Bottom