• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Your Gripe with Online (Since all of us seem to complain)

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
I'm sorry to burst your bubble, but this won't be possible. The recorded matches will be saved to your Wii merely as a data file that record the actions of each player during every second of the match. This will then be processed by the Smash engine, and reproduced in real time to produce your recorded matches. This will save space on the Wii as there won't be any audio and video to be saved; whereas saving video files would take up a colossal amount of space.

This means if you transfer the recording to your PC, it'll just be a huge unreadable text file. People will still need to use video capture to record machinima.
Ah, I feared that this was going to happen...I guess you'd need a Wii Emulator on your PC to do that :( (I have other games that work like that i.e AoE, AoM, Civ e.c.t.).

Top Bottom