• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Your greatest weakness/downfall?

Blade-Fox

Smash Apprentice
My weakness is tournament attendance. I don't have a lot of free time so I can't go to travel to tournaments. :(

That and french toast.

Bellioes

Smash Lord
Frustration when I play sloppy ---> more sloppy play ---> more frustration

Gotta learn to calm down. :/ its a vicious circle.

Virum

Smash Ace
NNID
SiLeNtDo0m
3DS FC
3368-3441-2801
Succumbing to the tournament pressure

I choke at almost every tournament :| Chokes harder than Ganon's Side B. I'm getting better though. Gradually adapting and learning to play more calmly under pressure.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Experience against different people who are really good.
I feel like this is my biggest downfall since I think I'm pretty solid in a lot of areas in Smash.

But it's a downfall I am overcoming with travelling more and playing against better people.

Phaiyte

Smash Ace
1. I always want to go for the flash, so I end up doing something way to risky or unsafe just to look cool
2. I sheild way to much
3. I know a great deal of knowledge of fighting game fundamentals, matchup knowledge, etc. but instead i tend to go on autopilot and play with bad spacing, no neutral game, and no matchup specifics (I tend to play against every character like it was a certain character)
Yo man real ****, Street Fighter footsies works in this game. It's hilarious.

My absolute worst weakness though is picking Ganon and being matched up against a Sheik. I hate my whole life for an entire 3 minutes when this happens.

Outthere

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3325-3164-3360
Oh boy I have a lot haha. I'm working on all of them though, and I'm the type of player who will keep trying til I improve, so I guess that's a strength.

1. Mewtwo. I get so salty from this guy. But I keep trying to play him a lot and get matchup experience so I don't lose in tournament anymore. I believe the last 3 or 4 tournaments I was at, Mewtwo's dominated. Yeah.
2. I don't predict, only react. I play too many CPUs and they never change up their game really, and this unfortunately transfers over to my game against people. I want to get the unpredictable DI mod in Melee but haven't set it up yet. This is especially a problem with my Falcon and platform chases, as they both would be significantly improved by prediction.
3. I don't play enough people. And when I do, it's commonly in 4 person free for alls (yes I know that sucks). In my area, the best players aren't playing much smash right now so I'm only playing people at or below my skill level, not above. Also I don't have a car so that complicates things...
4. Getting grabbed when I'm in shield. A lot. Especially in situations where we're both facing each other and both shielding, I always react too late and get grabbed first.

Any advice for me? Especially that blasted Mewtwo lol.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Probably the fact that I've been refusing to use my best/favorite character because I don't like the way that he was changed in 3.0, so I'm limiting myself to using an inferior character in tournaments.

Rhus

We're going top speed!
As a Fox main and my character demanding fast fingers and unforgiving inputs, my biggest weakness is probably silly tech errors.

That being said, I'm actually strong defensively and neutrally, but my pressure/offense game is a little poor.

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
With:jigglypuff:

Getting overconfident and spamming Rest, then consequentially missing and end up losing all my stocks.

I always end up missing once, then losing a stock. Then I'm worried since I'm losing and I need a reliable kill move. What's the first thing that comes to mind? You guessed it. Rinse and repeat.

Sometimes I stop using Rest altogether and the match turns out better than I expected.

With :warioc:

Missing D-air. I do it a lot and often forget to L-cancel it since it hits the ground so fast. Plus, if I miss off-stage, it's an instant SD unless you're high up and manage to double jump or up-B but that never happens.

Last edited:

Deep2

Smash Apprentice
Feeling slow. As a spacie main, a lot of times when I'm playing Fox I feel like my fingers aren't fast enough, but then I have days where I'm just extremely fast and never get hit, avoid all baits and attacks and go in really hard and chase people EVERYWHERE they go and never miss a beat.

BioZelink

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Biozelink
3DS FC
4811-7130-3977
Experience against different people who are really good.
I feel like this is my biggest downfall since I think I'm pretty solid in a lot of areas in Smash.

But it's a downfall I am overcoming with travelling more and playing against better people.
I'm pretty sure everyone will enjoy seeing you play more. Do you plan to compete in Smash 4?

Meme

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
6939 6733 3968
Can't seem to stick to a main for long, my neutral game is kind of meh and I don't get to travel much...

BioZelink

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Biozelink
3DS FC
4811-7130-3977
I plan to play it though I'm not sure how serious I will end up taking it in the long wrong.
But I do want to win the first few tournaments :p
Can't wait to see you do it. I think you might even have an advantage, because it seems all you lack is experience at the previous games, you have great punish and mind games, and you seem to make smart decisions. When the game comes out, nobody will have experience.

ECHOnce

Smash Lord
Can't wait to see you do it. I think you might even have an advantage, because it seems all you lack is experience at the previous games, you have great punish and mind games, and you seem to make smart decisions. When the game comes out, nobody will have experience.
Waht. He lacks experience at which prev. games? I see the point you're trying to make, but Professor Pro is 2nd on the UK Melee rankings, iirc. I'd say the man has a good idea of what he's doing in prev. games lol...but yeah, I agree with the other stuff you said. Can't wait to see him (and other top players :D) hype up the early SSB4 meta.

Last edited:

Prince Longstrok

Taker of lives, defiler of daughters.
SD's :( ill lose minimum of one atock a match over stupid errors.

Waiting too long to up-b, wavedashing off the ledge but accidently air dodging off.

Crap like that :( its probably just me losing my nerves- been thinking about listening to music while playing as a sort of relaxant.

BioZelink

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Biozelink
3DS FC
4811-7130-3977
Waht. He lacks experience at which prev. games? I see the point you're trying to make, but Professor Pro is 2nd on the UK Melee rankings, iirc. I'd say the man has a good idea of what he's doing in prev. games lol...but yeah, I agree with the other stuff you said. Can't wait to see him (and other top players :D) hype up the early SSB4 meta.
Well he did say his greatest weakness is lack of experience in playing with others, that came straight from the man himself.

ECHOnce

Smash Lord
Well he did say his greatest weakness is lack of experience in playing with others,
Which isn't the same as a lack of experience in previous games..? Regardless, at the end of the day we're both rooting for him, so let's keep the thread from trailing off-topic

Last edited:

Brim

Smash Ace
NNID
Bitterbub
For me it is definitely chasing off stage considering my main is Roy. So, each time is basically suicide.

Machiavelli.CF

Ivy of the West
NNID
Machiavelli.CF
3DS FC
3222-5675-4966
Nice try, arch-nemesis!

Real answer: I find playing to win more stressful than the victory is enjoyable.

Last edited:
Top Bottom