• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Your first shuffle

chlor0form

Smash Journeyman
How's it going smash-goers. I'm curious to know with which characters you first learned to shuffle and if they did in fact happen to become your mains. Also, is it easier to learn to shuffle for different characters than others, or knowing how to shuffle with certain characters help you get better in any way in the long run.

Reese

Smash Journeyman
the first time i shfflc'd i did not even know I was shufflc'ing. I was fighting a trio of lvl.9 bowsers as fox, and jumped through them with a nair (sh), and then ff and hit the ground. What baffled me, even months afterwards, was that sometimes I was able to sh another nair hit them before they can retaliate. I was l-cancelling, and I did not even now it. Coincidently, several months later I came across this site.

I still play Fox sometimes, but I am a ganon main right now, with a little martha on the side.

Its generally harder to shufflc' with little charactors (like fox), then the bigger charactors(booser and ganondorf).

IMO, learning to shufflc with Fox should make it easier to shufflc easier with other charactors, simply because his shfflc is the hardest to do.

Wilhelmsan

Smash Lord
When I first learned to shuffle Fox's drill with the C-stick.

I was like: OMG IM DOING THIS SO FAST

I then quickly learned to L-cancel into shine.

It's amazing how one improves in this game.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
I learned to SHFFL with Bowser, oddly enough.

A buddy of mine and I were playing Smash one day. He was in the process of teaching me all of the advanced techs that he knew (I had just completed my wavedashing regimen with Luigi, which took me forever and a freakin' day to get down). He told me to pick Bowser against his then-main, Link. Then, L-canceling was demonstrated via Link's sword plant. I was then told to give it a go with Bowser. Needless to say, my timing was really off. He ended up three stocking me in that match. The next match went better for me, as I demonstrated just how beastly Boozer's aerial game was. I still suffered defeat, though it was pretty narrow (just by one stock).

I don't understand why I was made to pick up Bowser, but I did come away enlightened. Now SHFFLing has become second nature with (almost) all of the characters I pick up.

Samael_78

Smash Journeyman
my first shuffle was with C. Falcon's meteor. as for him being my main, not quite yet. a few more things i need to get down, but then he'll be my main.

Nick Nasty

Smash Journeyman
The first character that I ever learned to sh/w was Ganon. Shortly after that, I started shuffling fairs and other aerials all the time. I main Marth, but I'll always use Ganon once in a while. What can I say, the guy's a beast:) . To answer your other question, I would say that Ganon is probably one of the easier characters to learn shuffling/w.
Also, if you can shuffle/w Fox then you can basically shuffle/w anyone. If I'm not mistaken, his sh is 1/30th of second.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I first learned with Roy. I don't main him, since Sheik is too high-tier to be replaced by the poor guy, but he is my secondary now.

Red Shirt KRT

Smash Ace
NNID
1-337-PWN-CALL
3DS FC
0044-2813-9398
i learned with marth, i can do it with all characters now. I don't really use slow ones like bowser or DK so i'm not sure if its as easy with them. I use fast characters like fox and c falcon when i don't use marth and I can shffl with them fine.

Its a bit different for falcon though because you can't fast fall with his dair and the knee or else they won't hit. It takes a little getting used to.

HideousBeing

Smash Ace
I began shuffling with Zelda's nair. Then and now my main. My common rival eventually started taking to blocking my arial attacks as I come down on him, following through with a grab. Being Zelda, there was no way for me to evade it, until I began L-cancelling like crazy my fairs/bairs. So I was sort of forced into learning it.

pikachun00b7

Smash Lord
Well I actually learned these separately. I FF before competitive smash. But then (on Detstar) I found advanced techs. It took me a bit to SH but I got it down. Then I learned I needed to L- cancel I said "Screw this." Later I decided to practice LCing and after a bit I got it down.

Zane Fleia

Smash Journeyman
My first SHFFL was with Sheik's bair, and when I successfully did it across the map and edgehopped into a bair for the kill for the first time, I felt warm and glowy inside. ^_^

AtomICON

Smash Apprentice
first thing I shffl'd was falco's nair. as for him being my main. far from it. I don't have the patience or the sheer jerk factor to main falco haha. (yeah that's right falco is a jerk)

strider43

Smash Journeyman
One day my brother showed me shfflc'ing with link's dair. Yea i know about it but its kinda hard for me to tap L each attack i use with falco. He's a fast character and sometimes i can't keep up with myself.

Top Bottom