• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Your first impressions with Lucario

Tallen

Smash Journeyman
Try to keep with the model ok?

First play: about a month ago when going through SSE in hard I eventually got to the part when Metaknight duels Lucario. At that point I was already sick of playing MK and decided to try Luc out for once. (I had no idea I would main him later). The first thirty seconds I had no idea how I was fighting but at the end of the fight i thought he was pretty good overall.

First 15 seconds: "Crap his smash attacks are SLOW" (taking a beating out of MK)
First minute: "Who needs smash attacks?" (learning to use tilts and specials and just beat the crap out of MK =D)
First 10 minutes: "HOLY CRAP HE FIGHTS KUNG-FU!!"* (after entering training zone and checking out all his moves)
First hour: "That's insane!!" (shortly after using double team to KO a lvl 7 Fox CPU)
First six hours: "Fear the power of aura!!" (after beating the crap out of my friends for the fourth consecutive match)
First day: "I can't believe I'm still using him" (which is true because i just got in training mode to check his moves out to continue in SSE)

what about you guys?

PS: I'm fifth degree (Green Belt) in Kung-Fu and most of Lucario's moves remind me of the Swan kung-fu style. (including his combat pose and d taunt)

Riodsey

Smash Cadet
I play diamond and I already liked him there, and after I discovered he would be in Brawl I was excited and Liked even more after his informations were released in Dojo.
Well, I first played Brawl in my friends house, so he had all the characters unlocked. I played with Lucario in my second ever match, and, honestly, didn't liked him. His fsmash was slow to me and I weren't adapted to the game mechanics yet, so I just used Falco (my other main) till the rest of the day.
But, the other day, I thinked: "God, Lucario surely isn't bad as I am thinking" and decide to play a few matches with him. There I understanded his Aura power and combo possibilities. After 10 matches with him I already decided: He is gonna be my main.
That's the way I've fallen in love had my impressions about him.

Browny

Smash Hater
I first heard about him through the roster leak re: stickers on trophy bases and went to see who/what lucario was. google image searched lucario, and he was my main from there on in :) first time i played him in japanese import brawl in a 4 player match i won. luckily, this match was on hyrule temple, so i was on over 200% for a looong time and was owning everyone lol. 3 stocking an MK user in my first mini-tourney kind of cemented his position as my favourite. Also the fact that i got owned in the second round by another lucario player while i was using my melee main, ness lol

Nodrak

Smash Ace
First 15 seconds: hmm, seems rather slow, must be powerful
First minute: i seriously wish i could tilt better
First 10 minutes: DOUBLE TEAM!!!
First hour: Hey, he's pretty good at combo's
First six hours: DOUBLE TEAM!!!
First day: now lets have some fun =D

daytimeninja

Smash Apprentice
NNID
gavgrego
I main G&W, but after playing around with Lucario's combos, I loved him. I also like Double Team and the fact that he gets stronger as he gets hurt.

LightningKimba

Smash Cadet
Pre-SSBB: I always hated Lucario. I don't know why, but I hated how he looked. Nearly everyday, I questioned how people thought he was cool...
SSBB: Eh, he has similar moves to most Japanese fighters, like Ryu or Goku. Naturally, I'm good using him. Even though I hate the character, I'm at least good with it, I guess...

Tallen

Smash Journeyman
Pre-SSBB: I always hated Lucario. I don't know why, but I hated how he looked. Nearly everyday, I questioned how people thought he was cool...
SSBB: Eh, he has similar moves to most Japanese fighters, like Ryu or Goku. Naturally, I'm good using him. Even though I hate the character, I'm at least good with it, I guess...
well there's no problem with that. i know a friend who just CAN'T stand pokémon but he uses pikachu anyway because he's strong with him.
though i think Lucario is cool anyway XD

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
First 15 seconds: Wow this guy is way slower than the youtube vids made him look.
First minute: Wow this guy is way slower than the youtube vids made him look.
First 10 minutes: Wow this guy is way slower than the youtube vids made him look.
First hour: *not playing as Lucario*
First six hours: *still not playing as Lucario*
First day: *sigh* Man, I thought Lucario'd be cool, but he's way too slow for me.

[sleep]

Dawn of the Second Day: Holy crap I kick *** with this guy.
Night of the Second day (six hours): So gonna main this chap. . .

:laugh:

Greenpoe

Smash Ace
First play: Wow! Amazing B moves and great smash attacks with Marth-like aerials!

First 15 seconds: This guy is unbelievable!
First minute: Does he even have tilts? (I used just B moves, aerials and smashes)
First 10 minutes: THESE TILTS ROCK!
First hour: Awesome down t hrow
First six hours: His...f-smash....has more range....than Marth's! O_O
First day: This guy is like Mewtwo x10 (Mewtwo was TOUGH to learn to use.)

Top Bottom