• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Your Favorite "most unfriendly stage" to Pokemon Trainer

Timothy2035

Smash Journeyman
Just for laughs, which stage you hate playing at most online with PT?

I dislike some stages, but don't know who is top king for it just yet. Though Big Blue, I have got a question (and maybe I'll try it out). You know with all the space cars zooming on that track, if you can hop up to the lead car, and do the jump up and glide fly with Charizard, could Charzy glide fast enough to keep up in the air all the way without getting killed?

Might be a good challenge for us Pokemon Trainers. Sort of like an all-star self made challenge. LOL!

Charizard92

Smash Champion
Well, If I remember, each Character benefits from a certain stage type. Aerial Characters benefit from stages with many platforms (especially pass through). Heavy characters prefer Stages with stages with only a little Elbow room so they can catch up and run also. Speedy Characters prefer large stages so that they can run forever and projectile spammers prefer flat stages so they will hit their target. PT really likes transforming stages, because he doesn't really need to change strategy, just press down b. because of this, There is no one stage that PT himself will hate. His Pokemon, however...

Squirtle: Final Destination. Really, FD has NO platforms to speak of, which really sucks for any projectiless character like Squirtle. Really, how do you try to keep yourself Airborne here?

Ivysaur: Summit, Two reasons:
1: the main Ice block in the middle means there can be a barrier between you and your opponent. Ivysaur hates these
2: no ledges, so no recovery. ****

Charizard: New Pork City.
Forget the fact that Charizard is awkwardly fast and agile, New Pork has a weird way of Making Charizard slower and Characters normally slower than him faster (Jigglypuff, for example). The size of this stage means any characters faster and more agile than you can play keep away, and there are characters faster and more agile than you. Be glad that this is the new posterboy of Bannedom.

Charizard92

Smash Champion
OK, Legal update.

Ivysaur: Skyworld: It doesn't help when I can effectively cancel out Ivy's main KO strategy AND his recovery simultaneously.

Charizard: Rainbow Cruise: Face it, this stage has a weird way of slowing Char down and certain opponents up. All Large and moving stages do this, this is just the most legal.

Oh, and by the way, i don't have any Problems with Frigate Orpheon. Maybe you just hate the stage?

Fearmy

Smash Ace
castle siege :o well that place just hates me, but when i was playing steeler, i was about to get him, until my zard glitched and fell through the huge rock D:

Top Bottom