• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Your favorite game to play during HALLOWEEN!

DrizzyDrew

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3772-7996-8482
What is the one or more games you love to play around the Halloween season!
For me I love to play Dead Space 2 and Resident Evil 4 because those games scared the crap outta me and I loved it.
I recently picked up The Evil Within and I think it might join the list of games I play around Halloween.
What are your favorite games to play during Halloween?

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I actually haven't thought about it. I've always been more concerned with my backlog as opposed to playing something that would fit the season or holidays. If I have the time, I think I'll revisit the PS1 RE games (or maybe just replay REmake). Next year I might have to do something bigger and play old franchises I missed out on like Silent Hill and Fatal Frame.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
You should post this in the Spooky Games Thread! Unless it got buried already and if that's the case, oop aww.

I dunno, I usually watch more movies when it gets close to Halloween, but I think I'd like to go back and play a Silent Hill or something now that you mention it.

Lichi

This is my war snarl
I might crank up Amnesia - the dark descent again. It is the only game I legitimately feel uncomfortable and scared while playing.

But I will also take a close look at the steam halloween sales again. Gotta go spend my money on more horror games.

Felix the Slayer

Ret-2-Go!
3DS FC
3093-7620-3358
Any of the Castlevania games, they got all the popular movie monsters in the games, zombies, vampires, ghosts & gouls, werewolves, Frakenstein, etc., and most of them are just great games. Perfect games to play any time, but especially during Halloween.

Edit: How did I mange to forget Dracula

Last edited:

DDDchu

Smash Cadet
NNID
DDDchu96
3DS FC
4098-2457-6801
I was never into horror games, or the popular piece of pewdiepie crap games that he plays.

Except Amnesia Dark Descent. That is actually decent.

Nerf Herder EX

Smash Rookie
Animal Crossing. That Spooky furniture is ugly, but I need to get it because I'm obsessive compulsive and can't be happy otherwise.

Last edited:

OliverTwist

Banned via Warnings
1) silent Hill in an empty house with all the lights out on an old crt,
2) metroid fusion, under blankets. One word:foot steps

finalark

SNORLAX
I would list a few horror games or Castlevania, but that's more of a year-round thing for me.

I tried doing a blind play through of Silent Hill 1 last Halloween. Unfortunately the game is really, really tedious instead of frightening. Now I see why everyone talks about SH2 and onward while SH1 is just kind of forgotten.

Or it might just be that I'm getting too old for horror games. Then again, I think the last time a horror game ever frightened me to the point where I just didn't have the will to progress anymore was when I first played Resident Evil 3 back on the Dreamcast. When I was eleven years old. I think I'm just one of those people who isn't scared easily. Because of this I tend to play horror as atmospheric adventure games/shooters instead.

I still love the genre, though. When I have the time I'm planning on picking giving one of the Fatal Frame games a spin.

CArniE

Smash Cadet
NNID
TokioCore
I like Kingdom Hearts, i just walk around the Nightmare before Christmas level lol.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
I like to play SSBM and Battlefront (PS2 version) around Halloween...

You never said it had to be Halloween- themed :)

EDIT: Now, answering the question the way it was intended, I also like playing Metroid Prime during the Halloween season. The eerie environment and feeling that you are all alone makes for some pretty creepy moments, but I'm still astounded by how much that game's environment and art direction makes you feel what Samus is feeling (other than pain as I die many times due to being fairly bad at first-person platforming).

Last edited:

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
I play through Luigi's Mansion every Halloween, it's been my tradition since I first got my GameCube.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
I play Soul Sacrifice and Outlast. And around the holiday season, I have myself a Merry Metroid Christmas.

Top Bottom