• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Your Controls?

Demenise

Smash Journeyman
What do you set your controls to as Pokemon Trainer? I'm trying to find a way to hydroplan well without tap jump. I only use the default control scheme (without tap jump,) but I'm sure that there are better ways.

Adriel

Smash Journeyman
I use the default controls. If you want to hydroplane without tap jump on, pressing A and Y at the same time with your thumb is pretty easy to do. Z, L, and R also work.

chubas

Smash Apprentice
I can hydroplan without problem with tap jump on. I have problem though on Utiliting after shellshift (I have problems with tilts in general, still refining my dumb movements), but on that particular move I always find myself Nairing. How frustrating, back to practice.

Superhacker75mil

Smash Apprentice
I play default sans tap jump, but I'm starting to think I should try B-sticking since I only occasionally use the C-stick for smashes (mostly for Charizard up-smash on approach). B-sticking apparently offers easiness for a lot of cool momentum-based techniques on characters, especially Lucario, who I'm starting to learn. B-stick with Sonic or Wario probably isn't that great though (other characters I like).

PkTrainerCris

Smash Ace
Maybe you wont believe me, but i use the wiimote control. Its not that i prefer it over the gamecube, its just that i dont own a wii, neither a gamecube controler, so i use the controls that are avaliable on the shop where they rent wiis(the wiimote and the nunchuck combo) All my friends and the random player i fight prefer the nunchuck combo, but im comfortable with my wiimote, its not aht hard to learn, its like playing smash for 64 in the computer, but sometimes i really miss the GC controller, specially if i try to glide or hydroplaning, but the good thing is that is a LOT easier make tilts, in melle sometimes i missed my tilts and made a smash, runing attack(ftilt) or an aerial(utilt), anyway, i recomend the tap jump on, it makes easier the hydroplaning and the upb put of shield, which is very good for PT.

Top Bottom