• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Your amazing Zero Suit Samus Combo Video Thread

GoofBell

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-4629-2582-0797
I was able to get both Nair into F-tilt and Nair into dash attack to register as combos in training mode.

David Viran

Smash Lord
I was able to get both Nair into F-tilt and Nair into dash attack to register as combos in training mode.
I think nair can go into like literally any move. Maybe not dair? Or side special? That's all I can think of.

Rikkhan

Smash Apprentice
so how reliable is uAir -> uAir -> upB? it shows as combo in training but not sure if its actually easy to chain or to risky to go for.

David Viran

Smash Lord
so how reliable is uAir -> uAir -> upB? it shows as combo in training but not sure if its actually easy to chain or to risky to go for.
It can be reliable enough if you can catch DI. It's not that risky as long as you know when you dun goofed and up b won't be set up properly or can be airdodged. They can DI it most of the time to survive unless a platform, rage, on halberd, some transitions on delfino, or the tree on duck hunt are involved that basically seal the opponents fate.

Nair into grab is a true combo for decently long too. Watch the double post.

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
So after my month or something long smash hiatus caused by real life Johns including exams and a hospital, I can finally present you the borderline useless alpha version of the combo video and hey, I'm only like two months late!

Anyway, while making this I noticed a few things:

1. The more I did and the longer time went on, the more flawed the first parts seemed to be
2. DI must be tweaked and well spaced versions must be added for nearly damn everything
3. Updating this would be a pain in my precious butt and too much input for barely any output
4. I found new combos that I didn't add in this version
5. Doing DI with my feet on reaction is a very bad and tedious idea

While rendering the video for two hours and uploading it for another two, I concluded that this isn't the way to go.
I therefore decided to do any further stuff in .webm format and only one combo at a time.

This has several advantages:
1. more frequent output possibilities
2. existing faulty material is corrected more easily
3. less waiting time wasted on rendering/uploading/cuttng
4. Anyone with a capture card can help, no big coordination needed

But enough rant, here is the video

Winnnn _AKA_Walt Piffney

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Winnnnnnnn
  • [quote="Tobi_Whatever, post: 18852572, member: 274728"]

[/quote]

Those landing uAirs tho :4larry:

I'd catch glimpses of good Zero Suits doing this from time to time but to actually see it used purposely so many times was eye opening. Had no idea this was such useful zss tech with so much combo potential. To the lab!

Last edited:

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
  • [quote="Tobi_Whatever, post: 18852572, member: 274728"]
[/quote]

Those landing uAirs tho :4larry:

I'd catch glimpses of good Zero Suits doing this from time to time but to actually see it used purposely so many times was eye opening. Had no idea this was such useful zss tech with so much combo potential. To the lab!
Well It's not exactly easy to pull off. You have to be pretty close and very low to even hit so if you can get behind someone to make it grab safe you're fine but it's a pretty dangerous move otherwise.

David Viran

Smash Lord
Well It's not exactly easy to pull off. You have to be pretty close and very low to even hit so if you can get behind someone to make it grab safe you're fine but it's a pretty dangerous move otherwise.
Falling uair is good for dsmash punishes as nairo has proven. Spacing uair is flipping hard but it can actually be done out of sheild grab range which makes it unpunishable.

Dr. Tuen

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0559-7294-8323
Falling uair is good for dsmash punishes as nairo has proven. Spacing uair is flipping hard but it can actually be done out of sheild grab range which makes it unpunishable.
Out of shield grab range? Really? For reference: spaced bair and nair do that too, right?

Last edited:

David Viran

Smash Lord
Out of shield grab range? Really? For reference: spaced bair and nair do that too, right?
Yes but they are easier and Bair is safer on sheild than nair is because nair has hit lag. Nair has more range though. Uair is like Bair in terms of safety but less range and much harder to space properly.

Last edited:

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
Her aerials are pretty wesome. Right now I'm trying to step up my bAir game and uAir is next.

I do it at least every second match

Last edited:

David Viran

Smash Lord
Here's a kill combo dthrow reverse uair Bair near the ledge will kill super early.

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
Thats if poor di and facing away from ledge, cuz sometimes if ppl di behind zss after upair, thats a free dair.
Unless i read that wrong and you mean rar upair>bair

Top Bottom