• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Young People Changing America

Status
Not open for further replies.

Max780

Smash Apprentice
Hello everyone,

My name is Eric Morris (aka Max80). I know there are a lot of intelligent, and tech savvy people here. I along with eleven friends have created an organization, to end the endless vacation we feel teens have taken from there God given responsibilities. I know all of you aren't Christians, but I would really appreciate your comments, suggestions and constructive criticisms.

The site is here: http://www.youngpeoplechangingamerica.com/index.html

and I again I would appreciate your comments, suggestions and constructive criticisms.

God bless,

Eric!

pikachun00b7

Smash Lord
When I came here, I was hoping for a Barrack Obama topic.
Instead, I got a Christian based local political movement/ community service thing. Of course, it is great you people are getting active in your community. Little things like working at a women's shelter and campaigning for lower movie tickets will eventually greatly affect your county. Keep up the good work!

If we all SWFers, no young men and women do half of what your group does, I think that we could change our communities for the better.

~rh

Smash Lord
I checked out the site. Seems like you guys are putting forth a great effort. Good job!

Max780

Smash Apprentice
Thanks so much, and I really hope its not advertisement (I could remove the link) I just wanted to hear your opinions, I know there are some very tech savvy people so I wanted them to see the website, and so you could kinda see what we are doing.

No this is not an Obama thing (his just not my guy)!

and again thanks I hope we can do great things.

Max780

Smash Apprentice
Understandable, but we want real change, and when I hear that I think about this Great Man.

Yeah we are hijacking change back from Odrama....ah I.. I mean Obama

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
You're website doesn't really explain at all what you're about

Max780

Smash Apprentice
You're website doesn't really explain at all what you're about

This organization has been created to end the endless vacation teens have taken from their God-given responsibilities. We will do that by impacting our community for the glory of God.

That kinda sums it up(that is on the site) some of the things were doing are.

Objectives:
Raising Morals & Standards
By Example, Seminars and Educational Material
Aiding in Disaster Relief
Act as a Contact center to mobilize youth in our community
Abortion Awareness & Education
Giving Classes, Seminars and Educational Material
Local Specialty Centers
Help with women's homes
Homeless shelters
Nursing Homes
Food Drives
Physical labor
Help Local Senior Citizens
Spending time with them
Shopping for Groceries
Cutting Lawns
House Maintenance
Have Bi-Weekly Outreaches
A certain time set aside for prayer and prayer walks.
We want to be doing all these great things around the community,but once a week or every other week we want people to see the same group that's changing the community out telling people about Jesus. Which we think would raise the Churches standing in the community, So the church will once again be the Community leaders as they should be.

Does that help?

pikachun00b7

Smash Lord
Max, Obama is sexier.
Eor, you are kind of right. If you browse the site it would have working at a Women's Shelter, taking kids to picnics, etc. So I assumed they are community activists. Of course, Max should have made it more clear on his website.

Max780

Smash Apprentice
Max, Obama is sexier.
Eor, you are kind of right. If you browse the site it would have working at a Women's Shelter, taking kids to picnics, etc. So I assumed they are community activists. Of course, Max should have made it more clear on his website.
Is the what we are about section on the front page not enough?

pikachun00b7

Smash Lord
Is the what we are about section on the front page not enough?
Well, not really. After reading through the God stuff, the only information I got from the first page is "We will do that by impacting our community for the glory of God." Which still doesn't specify your group. If you say, "We are a Christian/Moral based community activist group in Cherokee County, Georgia. " Then it will make it much easier then searching throughout your site to see what your group is about.

Anyway, what you are doing is pretty cool. Maybe I will start a similar group in my local church this summer, or my school next fall.

Max780

Smash Apprentice
Well, not really. After reading through the God stuff, the only information I got from the first page is "We will do that by impacting our community for the glory of God." Which still doesn't specify your group. If you say, "We are a Christian/Moral based community activist group in Cherokee County, Georgia. " Then it will make it much easier then searching throughout your site to see what your group is about.

Anyway, what you are doing is pretty cool. Maybe I will start a similar group in my local church this summer, or my school next fall.

I will be happy to help you (if needed) and I will work on changing what you talked about.

Max780

Smash Apprentice
We just added some big things to the site take a look and comment.

notftomearth7

Smash Lord
On the blue planet next to the sun, can't miss it!
This organization has been created to end the endless vacation teens have taken from their God-given responsibilities. We will do that by impacting our community for the glory of God.

That kinda sums it up(that is on the site) some of the things were doing are.

Objectives:
Raising Morals & Standards
By Example, Seminars and Educational Material
Aiding in Disaster Relief
Act as a Contact center to mobilize youth in our community
Abortion Awareness & Education
Giving Classes, Seminars and Educational Material
Local Specialty Centers
Help with women's homes
Homeless shelters
Nursing Homes
Food Drives
Physical labor
Help Local Senior Citizens
Spending time with them
Shopping for Groceries
Cutting Lawns
House Maintenance
Have Bi-Weekly Outreaches
A certain time set aside for prayer and prayer walks.
We want to be doing all these great things around the community,but once a week or every other week we want people to see the same group that's changing the community out telling people about Jesus. Which we think would raise the Churches standing in the community, So the church will once again be the Community leaders as they should be.

Does that help?

Let me just say I hate these "Let's change the world" movements. Maybe when you're twenty-five and realize that you've been an uptight ***wipe your entire life, maybe you'll regret this.

And get your religious **** out of here.

Lavos

Smash Journeyman
It's a good idea, but I would suggest trying to come across with a different message. Right now I'm getting "We're helping out because we want to convert you and lead you". If someone doesn't believe in god or subscribes to a different religion, that's a pretty big turn off. What I think would be better is "We're doing it because we believe god wants us to help others". Less missionary, more humanitarian and I think you'll get a better response.

Unless they already have the same beliefs as you, no one really wants to be preached to.

Lucrece

Smash Apprentice
Wow, I'm an atheist, and even my sardonic/bitter approach to organized religion is outdone by the incredibly rude comments like "get your **** religion out of here". There are more civilized ways to voice disapproval.

Anyways, on to my thoughts on the site: I really hope you make your goals clear in your site. It would be rather infuriating to go into your program thinking it's mere community service, when in reality it's a movement for promoting your notions on proper societal behavior (abortion, "moral standards), proselytizing, and adding a bit of community service as a side-dish.

Just a pointer: Community service is usually idealized as a no-strings task. And no, the exchange of beneficial services for precious Christian souls is not community service. Your organization would be better defined as a political one, which is fine, so long as you don't deceive people about your intentions.

Max780

Smash Apprentice
Thanks for some of your post!

"Let me just say I hate these "Let's change the world" movements. Maybe when you're twenty-five and realize that you've been an uptight ***wipe your entire life, maybe you'll regret this.

And get your religious **** out of here."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am not uptight, but my friends and I believe that people should have a greater since of responsibility in the community. What's wrong with that? I know we won't change the world, but if we can change the lives (living conditions) of a few. We are effectively changing their world.

"And get your religious **** out of here."
---------------------------------------------------------------------

My belief in God is the thing that gives me a since of right and wrong, a since of responsibility to others not just my self. I apologize that it scares you that a 16 year old, and his friends are trying to make the lives of those around them better. If that is a waste of time, what is a good use of time?

Also we did an overhaul of the site comments are welcome.
(http://www.youngpeoplechangingamerica.com/)

Lucrece thank you very much. I like that you have a differing opinion, but would rather settle it civilly then with ignorant comments.

God Bless,
Eric Morris

Max780

Smash Apprentice
I wrote something, but it messed up so I will fix it later (bed time).

Max780

Smash Apprentice
Sorry had to reply to a lot.

"Anyways, on to my thoughts on the site: I really hope you make your goals clear in your site. It would be rather infuriating to go into your program thinking it's mere community service, when in reality it's a movement for promoting your notions on proper societal behavior (abortion, "moral standards), proselytizing, and adding a bit of community service as a side-dish.

Just a pointer: Community service is usually idealized as a no-strings task. And no, the exchange of beneficial services for precious Christian souls is not community service. Your organization would be better defined as a political one, which is fine, so long as you don't deceive people about your intentions."

I feel we have been clear and have shown our intentions. When we are doing the community stuff that is all we do at that time.

again check out our design overhaul and tell me what you think.
(http://www.youngpeoplechangingamerica.com/index.html)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom