• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Young link vs shiek.. Help?

ToSsy

Smash Journeyman
Alright. My friend doesn't really main shiek, he's just best with her. I can beat any of his other characters, including Fox. I can 3 stock his main (Dk). But when he chooses Shiek I can't win. When the match starts he's already combo-ing me. He doesn't WD or or ShFFle or anything like that. Just combo's and l-cancelling. I've tried projectiles but they are inefficient... He either dodges them or advances towards me anyways. Any advice on how to try to go at facing this matchup?

ToSsy

Smash Journeyman
I don't like using Fox, and I'm tired of shiek @ Laijin.
YL has been my favourite since I started Ssbm and unlocked him. Falco coming in a close second, but I'm predictable with Falco lol.. I don't practice with him ;-;

ToSsy

Smash Journeyman
I have a tendancy to overuse things that 'work'. As in, I don't mix up my playing style enough with Falco, I just switch from one style to another randomly instead of just integrating them all... I think that makes sense o.o... Well... It's not so much my playing style when I think about it, it's just this friend is the only competition I have at smash, so we play each other basically every week, he knows my game style inside out.. lol.

Top Bottom