• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Young link vs. jiggs

N64

Smash Champion
Hello young link mains. Pika main here. I've been playing y. link a hell of a lot lately, he's too fun. Occasionally I'll pull him out in tourney when my pika isn't feeling so hot, and do somewhat decently. Anyways, I have a quick question.

One of my favorite matchups with young link is against jigglys. I feel so much more comfortable in this matchup than I do with pikachu. Projectiles force her to approach you instead of vice versa, bombs interrupt her approaching bair, dair kills her at like 80% (and bombs/boomerang can lead to it), and she just seems like a nice weight in general to combo. How do you guys feel about this matchup? I wouldn't go as far as to say it's in young link's favor. If you get knocked off, she'll just tap you with aerials until you can't return to the edge, and you're somewhat limited in what you can do because certain whiffed attacks (mainly grab) mean a free rest. Otherwise though, I really don't mind the matchup much. Is it a good matchup for young link, or am I just crazy?

D20

Smash Lord
You are 100% sane.

I have plenty of experience against quality Jigglypuff players to know it is (very slightly) in Young Link's favor. I consistently beat 4% APR and Sliq (when they use Jigglypuff). For the record, 4% APR placed 17th at FC Diamond and Sliq recently beat Drephen in a tournament set. I'm short on time right now, so I'll explain the match up in detail later.

Honestly, I would be willing to money match any Jigglypuff in the world and feel confident.

Silvaxe

Smash Cadet
You are 100% sane.

I have plenty of experience against quality Jigglypuff players to know it is (very slightly) in Young Link's favor. I consistently beat 4% APR and Sliq (when they use Jigglypuff). For the record, 4% APR placed 17th at FC Diamond and Sliq recently beat Drephen in a tournament set. I'm short on time right now, so I'll explain the match up in detail later.

Honestly, I would be willing to money match any Jigglypuff in the world and feel confident.
Si senor, but yes it is in ylinks favor but jiggly can be a :mad::mad::mad: sometimes. :cool:

Laijin

Smash Hero
Hey N64.
Your Young Link is pretty good.

Anyways. Its an alright match up. Really annoying though.
If she gets you off the edge, your best option is to fast fall down immediately and use your second jump + up B to recover. She won't be able to chase you if you fast fall and DI away.

Overall. I'd rather play my Sheik in this match up. Its just too annoying with my YL.

Chip.

you know what to do
I agree wit D20/N64.

I don't have tremendous amount of experience in this matchup. And unfortunately for me, Jarc of Canada came down to a Washington tournament and I never had the chance to play him and his Jiggs -_-,

Top Bottom