• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Young Link -> Toon Link : an easy transition?

baaliam

Smash Rookie
I was Young Link in Melee a lot and now that Melee is not being played as much, I decided to move to Brawl. Toon Link seems to play a lot like Young Link exept for the physics of some of the moves. Is there any strategy for a player like me (not all that great) to be able to convert my Young Link play to Toon Link? Any help would be greatly appreciated. :confused:

kit

Smash Apprentice
The real question is can you transition from melee to brawl well enough, which once you get used to the physics I personally feel that toon link is an updated/altered young link so it would be a good character for you to learn. aka go for it lol

edit: I'd just say first learn to manage his projectiles

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
Well, they're almost the same character wise. You just have to get used to the new brawl physics mostly. The good Young Link moves aka nair/bair/bombs/rang/usmash/upair are still good in brawl even though they've changed. Btw this should be in the inquiry thread. Good luck.

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
How is Toon Link at all similar to Young Link?

Or any Link from any other SSB game? Or even this one's Link?

They both have a jab combo that doesn't link, and a utilt that is deceptively powerful.

... :confused:

Maybe I can bring something profound to my next Toon Link matchup.

bad habiT

Smash Rookie
Toon is essentially the best Link yet in smash, his projectiles are much more efficient
then any of his predecessors, Bair is way better than young links also.

Dair may have it's shortcomings but in the realm of combo possibilities DI's mesmerizing
(in a MK matchup, Dair after being sent up and most MK's will shuttle loop into it, it's hilarious!)

compared to young link I say 60:40 Toon Link lol

Top Bottom