• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Young Link or Link?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Demenise

Smash Journeyman
Okay.

I was using Young Link. He was cool for awhile... until his lack of range got to me. So, I used Link. However, I am constantly using projectiles as Link, more projectiles than my regular melee attacking. I'm also not used to his short range for triple jump (although I know about bomb recovery), however, I still really hate Young Link's lack of range, priority, power, and weight.

Which should I be?

Wii4Mii 99

Smash Lord
Young Link. His Fire-Spike owns all.
Link. His Spin-Spike owns all.

Anyways...
Most people pick Link because of his power, range, weight, and ability to do the bomb jump. Also, for recovery, Link's hookshot is longer.

ShiroiKen

Smash Apprentice
Link. His Spin-Spike owns all.
But it's not as cool as the Fire-Spike.

Being serious, I choose Y Link because of his capability to kill. It may sound strange, but it's waaaay easier for me to kill with YL, because of 2 reasons: dSmash, nAir. Also, dAir is more powerful in YL.

Also his speed, his better directionable-boomerang, a quicker dodge, nice double jump (Link's... meh), and uB in air is way better than Link's, for recovery.

Not to say YL is tinier, which makes difference when you try to combo him; also, his size gives him a better uAir, because you can hit with it even when you're reaching the ground (Link can't).

But of course, Link is more powerful in general. I lack ability to kill with Link, but I think that's because YL suits me better. Link's heavier too, and he is more likely to stand on the ground, while YL spend more time in air-combat.

YL r00lz!!1!

ToyzSoldier

Smash Apprentice
Try maining them both, and then after a long enough time period of gettin' used to 'em, you could pick and choose which one suits you best.

angry_mob

Smash Rookie
But it's not as cool as the Fire-Spike.

Being serious, I choose Y Link because of his capability to kill. It may sound strange, but it's waaaay easier for me to kill with YL, because of 2 reasons: dSmash, nAir. Also, dAir is more powerful in YL.

Also his speed, his better directionable-boomerang, a quicker dodge, nice double jump (Link's... meh), and uB in air is way better than Link's, for recovery.

Not to say YL is tinier, which makes difference when you try to combo him; also, his size gives him a better uAir, because you can hit with it even when you're reaching the ground (Link can't).

But of course, Link is more powerful in general. I lack ability to kill with Link, but I think that's because YL suits me better. Link's heavier too, and he is more likely to stand on the ground, while YL spend more time in air-combat.

YL r00lz!!1!

Seconded. .

Chip.

you know what to do
Goodness no. Why didn't you use the search function to check for other threads nearly identicle to this one you made? This thread is useless. Burn it at the stake and bury it 60 ft. under ground so it's face will never show again.

Translation: Wak, close this thread.

Wak

BRoomer
BRoomer
What Jash tries to say is: In the YL room, they'll tell you to choose YL, while in the Link room they'll tell you to pick Link. It's a non-sense topic and whatnot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom