• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Young Link isnt balanced

Artmastercorey

Smash Journeyman
I really enjoy young link, and have given him a lot of attention since the game came out. I think he's probably one of the most fun characters to play, but competitively Im convinced that young isnt a balanced character. The difficulty in hitting someone with his bad sword reach and how he dies early is off balance. His speed is average, not super fast like people often think. He's not as fast as like mario or pikachu for someone of his weight. His projectiles are good but have long recovery time, i would even dare say his arrows are quick, but someone can hit you before you have a chance to shield from a decent distance, and the setup for his other projectiles takes awhile in the middle of combat, which I understand but recovering after throwing a projectile is so long you cant defend yourself . Plus in higher percents his combos dont connect as well which he needs to get kills. When the game first came out it felt like they did a good job initially with the character, but for how light, and how horrible his reach is, and slow his projeticle recoervery is for the reward they get, I feel he's not as good as people say, or as balanced. You often dont get rewarded for your work. It's like playing on hard mode.

He should be faster for his lack of weight, reach and power. Since he dies early and gets sent so far when hit, his recovery shouldnt be so gimpable. Should be like king k rol where the hit box it hard to interupt. Actually I think thats the biggest flaw of this game lies in the how they handle light weight characters in general. Most characters are fairly fast in this game, but If you lack in speed, power, and reach, your off balance. Just my opinion. I still enjoy playing young, but I dont think he's as good as he's suppose to be. If he were a dlc character I bet he would be a lot better for sure

Top Bottom