• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Young link Bug? Air dodge, hook, and Airdodge again?

SiD

Smash Master
That is really weird. I just tried it for a while and I can't do it. I've never seen that before.

ToyzSoldier

Smash Apprentice
I think its basically Y. Link's answer to Link's bomb jump, only harder to do. I've seen that done before too by like caveman in a match against Peach on Pokemon Stadium I think, but that was the only other time. When I tried to do it, its like really hard, something up there with doing luigi's rising tornado or an infinite jc shine. But its not really a glitch as it is an exploitation of the game engine. It just takes really good aim w/ the 'rang, and perfect timing for the airdodge grab. I'm thinking it can only be done for horizontal recovery, since thats all I've seen it used for.

Luk^Skywalker

Smash Rookie
Can you link the other match where it's been used? It would be good to actually compare the two and how they are done. I think it's the retrieving of the boomerang that resets the hook shot in midair.
I really think you are correct about it. Have you actually managed to do it?
It must be like Captain Falcon's down B which allows you to do another double jump in midair.

ToyzSoldier

Smash Apprentice
Here, I found another example of Aniki using it: http://youtube.com/watch?v=HepUlhqX_m8 Its at 4:48-4:52, you can't exactly see it since its off screen, but you can tell. I'm having trouble finding the other one though, I can't remember if it was caveman or Aniki playing or if it was against Peach or Ganondorf, although, I know it was on Pokemon Stadium. Its a much btter example too, since you can see it as clear as day.

RPK

Smash Lord
in that little bit there, Y.link just threw his boomerang, airdodge, hook, and while he was falling caught the boomerang letting him go back to regular position in order to do that again. I think >.>

o.Odyssey.o

Smash Cadet
I'm sure this is done by, in the air, throw your boomerang down, air dodge, grab, catch the boomerang, air dodge. If you were high enough in the air, you could do this infinitely. Until you fall below the stage and die. You will lose altitude by throwing the boomerang.

Laijin

Smash Hero
This is nothing new. Its just the boomerange-hookshot glitch.
And its not very useful either.
So don't waste your time practicing it.
If you want to try something like the bomb jump, then hold a bomb in your hand for a long time or something :\

Artistry

Smash Apprentice
This is nothing new. Its just the boomerange-hookshot glitch.
And its not very useful either.
So don't waste your time practicing it.
If you want to try something like the bomb jump, then hold a bomb in your hand for a long time or something :\
Quoted for truth.

Luk^Skywalker

Smash Rookie
True, I just tried it once and gave up.
Anyway,I use Link and not Y.Link. I was just wondering cause it can be pretty useful to confuse your enemy.
Thanks though. :)

PS: bomb jump ftw! (throw the bomb up, hit it and up B again ;) )

Winston

Smash Master
Seattle, WA (slightly north of U-District)
Haha, I saw Chu do this in a 1$ money match at Pound 2 ^__^ The puff player he was vsing thought he was way too far out to get back, so he didn't hang near the edge, and chu got back thanks to his boomerang > airdodge hookshot > boomerang cancel > up b.

Top Bottom