• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

You'd think they'd have learned...

menofuntall

Smash Cadet
He's referring to the release grab of death, and how it transcends through time and space itself.

Sakurai: *laughs*

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
Yea basically Tyr is trying to show that release grabbing existed in the series before and they didn't fix it in brawl.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
The more Tyr posts, the more dpressed I get
Except for when he PMs me walls of text that I am forced to read out of interest X_X

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
I just find it hilarious that the EXACT same thing existed in an even more obvious and potent form in the first smash game and no one had the brains to test to make sure it wasn't possible in this one. Pathetic. But atleast now we can share our woes with those few SSB64 Kirby players who got ***** by the exact same thing.

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
lol I just saw the one video. That's even more pathetic then. Get some beta testers Sakurai.

YumClock

Smash Apprentice
But nobody really cared about ATs or whatever in 64.
Good point you have though.

Levitas

the moon
Except for Ness users. DJC Zcancelled Dairs into their shield for the shield break. Techchase all day with DJC Zcancelled Dairs that don't tap the shield. Ness's Dair was the melee shine of 64.

YumClock

Smash Apprentice
seriously? I gotta go crack out my old 64...
But Ness wasn't even the best character. It was Pika and Kirby, wasn't it?

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Ness is only third cause he has bad matchups vs. Kirby and Pikachu. Kirby isn't that bad, but Pikachu is really hard to edgeguard while Ness is easy to edgeguard.

Pikachu beats everyone in the game so that doesn't matter lol.

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
How is Kirby the best if you can just do this to him with DK? Seems to me like this would be abused, unless this is escapable and kirby just didn't know what he was doing

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
How is Kirby the best if you can just do this to him with DK? Seems to me like this would be abused, unless this is escapable and kirby just didn't know what he was doing
Kirby is really **** in 64. There were so many infinites in that game that this doesn't really matter. It also works on characters besides Kirby. Is DK top tier? No lol. He gets ***** and edgegayed way to easily.

Also the Ness vs. Link matchup is really fun. Just f-throw and dair his recovery. He can't get back, ever. It's amazing lolz.

Emperor Mario

Smash Cadet
SSB was the glory days of Ness, why did they have to nerf him in Melee? IN Brawl he nothing in comparition to SSB. I'd take powerfull yoyos over aerial attacks any day(exept for the dair).

Top Bottom