• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"You Must Transform!"

perfect007

Smash Rookie
I have been testing zamus out and love her. However I cannot seem to master the ^V^ taunt with samus to transform into zamus. I know I can just select holding L or R on the stage select screen but I want to be able to trasnform too.

I read other posts that said after 10 mins of trying they couldn't do it, I read some that said it was hit and miss, I read one that said he did it the first time every time. Now I don't know of anyone with faster thumbs then me (though they likely exist) and no matter how I try I cannot transform into zamus. I've tried using two thumbs, one thumb in center of dpad, ect. I wonder if my timing is off or if I just don't get what I'm supposed to be doing.

If you can do this well, please post EXACTLY how you do this and how many tries it takes you. I wanna know the speed, technique and any relevent info. Thanks so much.
-Doc

perfect007

Smash Rookie
Posting here again so someone might actually think my post is special enough to look at and maybe even respond to. Shameless tactic I know.

.kR0

Smash Journeyman
The D-pad on the gamecube sucks.
It's incredibly hard to do ^V^ without accidently pressing the <>

k4polo

Smash Journeyman
up down up is very easy once you get your fingers set up correctly. You don't have to press to fast. It is more about pressing it accurately.

DOT

Smash Rookie
You could always remove the side taunts from your controller button settings.

DinoRider

Smash Rookie
I find it very easy to do the first or second try by turning my right hand counter-clockwise 90 degrees so that my index finger is on (v) and my middle finger is on (^). Then simply alternate up down up, (or right left right since your hand is on it's side). Always works for me.

edit: for timing, i just do it as quick as i can, don't worry about pressing it too many times as long as you are alternating.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
I find it very easy to do the first or second try by turning my right hand counter-clockwise 90 degrees so that my index finger is on (v) and my middle finger is on (^). Then simply alternate up down up, (or right left right since your hand is on it's side). Always works for me.
This.

10chisled abs

ArchangelRaziel

Smash Cadet
I thought of something: why not change your controls, so instead of having to hit the rather akward UDU, you could just URD or ULD, making it only requisite for you to roll your thumb, since that's much quicker and more natural to do? could certainly make Transing easier.

Syde7

The Sultan of Smut
NNID
syde_7
I get it on the second or third time consistenly, by developing a pattern. Most people just upse ^v^v^v....
but, if you put in as ^v^ and then have a VERY brief break, and input it again (?or start with the v, I can't remember exactly... try it both ways) it tends to work.

The reasoning behind it is to repeat the input ^v^, not ^v.... if that makes sense.

Looper

Smash Journeyman
i can do it almost instantly with the classic controller. but it's impossible for me to do it with my wavebird

ducky285

Smash Journeyman
The site says it's possible to do it just by hammering on the d-pad. I did it a few days ago and it worked fine. I prefer to start as ZSS, though.

Solo Assass1n

Smash Journeyman
I get it first time, every time. Right thumb on up taunt, left thumb on down taunt and just go fast. I don't worry about any timing, I believe as long as you do it fast it works.

Moon/Sun

Smash Apprentice
Do what I do: Press the up taunt and while the animation for that taunt plays immidietly hammer the updownup combo. Since one taunt is already playing any other taunt happening is of no worry. Works every time for me.

GodotAA

Smash Ace
WHile it is hard its not THAT HARD.
what i do is if we are in a real match i try to either kill myopoenent or knock them away int eam battles.

then i let go of my b and A buttons ( gamecube) and use my index and middle finger to push the buttons.

its fast and effectives and i get it everytime.

lycrof

Smash Apprentice
Hmm. I have tryed it with the GC controller and was unable to do it. I'll have to try with my CC

Ghost Slime

Smash Cadet
I went on training mode to see how quickly I could transform into her, except on 1/4 speed. I was surprised that it only took about one second. For some reason it was a motivation to try it on normal speed, and I was able to get it after a bit of time.

freddybones

Smash Journeyman
All you have to do is jiggle your left thumb up and down a bit on the dpad. Down actaully press anything, just kinda jiggle.
I can usually do it first try, sometimes though, it can take a few tries. But it's never to a point where I can't do it.

Top Bottom