• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

You Know You Play Too Much Smash When...

Tommyboa

Smash Cadet
You know you play Super Smash Bros. (or anything Nintendo really) too much when...

1. You develop chirophobia (fear of hands).

2. You're watching a sumo or wrestling match and you wonder why they don't explode when thrown out of the ring.

3. You defeated the big, bad Master Core on intensity 9.5+...

4. ...as Jigglypuff.

5. Every time someone labels Link as "Zelda", Samus as "Metroid", Pit as Icarus, Snake as"Metal Gear", Pikachu as "Pokemon", Ash as "Red" (guess that one's a little more forgiveable), you don't just correct them or do a facepalm, you downright BEAT THE CRAP OF THEM!!!!!

6. You memorized the tier list for each installment in the franchise.

7. You think you can double-jump

8. You think jumping and spinning around in circles with a sword in your hand is going to make you act like a helicopter.

9. You think random objects will drop from the sky.

10. You try to "Falcon Punch" the school bully. (I personally had this as my catchphrase for a while).

11. You try to stop some bank robbers by "power shielding" their gun shots.

12. It works.

13. You LOVE floor ice cream. Or any other food on the ground, for that matter.

14. You knew who Shulk was before he was announced.

15. You ask fortune tellers if they have a Monado in the back room.

16. You make replicas of the Master Sword, Palutena Bow, Monado, and Levin Sword, with light-up, open/close, and detachable features.

17. You think you can jump through solid objects.

18. You paint turtle shells blue and throw them at people.

19. That big green boot will make you faster and that big yellow wing will let you jump higher.

20. Trophies can be used in board games.

21. You beat up the creepy-eyed kid down the street who works as an assistant lumberjack.

22. You're 17, but you think you can beat Mike Tyson in a boxing match.

23. You're shooting ducks and your dog just laughed at you.

24. You think you can pause your life to take a photo.

25. You go to yoga classes to be a better fighter.

26. Blue frogs are your worst nightmare.

27. You wrote this.
http://smashboards.com/threads/nintendo-universe-theory-version-4-0.409639/#post-19765691

28. You can beat an insanely powerful Meta Knight level 50 amiibo...

29. ...as Jigglypuff.

30. Your name is Ken Hoang, the greatest Melee player in the world. (That I could find. There's a lot of tournament champs out there.)

32. You read this list of "reasons for when you know you play too much Smash" and can't help but think of how amateurish and juvenile they all are and then start to think back at how you yourself were once this young and naive and posting threads exactly like these over 10 years ago thinking you were clever when you weren't, but at the same time get a sense of nostalgic reminiscence followed by the crippling realization of just how old you are to the point that it's so depressing that you have to type it out in a long paragraph and then go sit in the shower and rethink your life decisions and figure just where everything went so wrong. (Not mine.).

31. You posted this thread and ask other people to contribute.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I rate the OP 5 stars
★★★★★

:231:

Last edited:

imsoul

Smash Cadet
NNID
thesouldemon
3DS FC
3411-3945-3633
When you book lower star hotels because you know they have CRTs

Rhydon65

Smash Rookie
This one time I took some eggs, painted green dots on them, drained them and put firecrackers in them to emulate Yoshi's egg throw.

SpiritofSpeed

Smash Cadet
35. When you vow to play for just one hour and accidentally end up playing for much longer.

36. When you treat your gold like real money and become obsessed with saving up for a certain thing.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
37. You see it's time to go to sleep, but keep playing on.
38. You see it was time to go to sleep, 4 hours ago, but keep playing on.
39. You see it's the time you were supposed to wake up, but keep playing on.
40. You see it's time to go to work, but keep playing on.
:p

:231:

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
42. When your greatest fear is of your children preferring Brawl
Son:Mommy I prefer Brawl over Melee

Mom:YOU WHAT??????? SON YOU HAVE DISINHEIRTED OUR FAMILY NAME AND YOU ARE NOT WELCOME HERE. LEAVE US AND FIND ANOTHER HOME.

Son:But....... But............

MOM:NO!!!! NO REAL FAMILY MEMEBER OF US WOULD LIKE BRAWL MORE. YOU ARE OUT OF THIS FAMILY.

JamietheAuraUser

Smash Lord
…I once short hop Falcon Punched someone in a sparring match at karate. Scary thing is, it worked. Not the "massive image of a falcon made of flames" part or the "opponent goes flying into the wall" part, of course, but the part where I actually landed the hit. Jump, absolutely ridiculously telegraphed wind-up punch… and then they tried to guard their head and my punch got them in the stomach.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
When you beat ZeRo as Pit at 999%, and never lose a stock or match

Last edited:

AJL

Smash Cadet
NNID
jplacura
3DS FC
3110-5257-7666
When you spend over an hour and a half on For Glory.....fighting the same guy and becoming friends.

When you're watching movies and yell "Why didn't he tech that landing!?" during fight scenes.

When you tech EVERYTHING.

When you've memorized literally everything about the game; Trophy descriptions, ATs, moves, their %s, taunts, patch changes, tier lists, Story Mode Maps, stages, memes, everything.

And you'd probably have to have 100% completion in each game to do the above.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
When you spend over an hour and a half on For Glory.....fighting the same guy and becoming friends.

When you're watching movies and yell "Why didn't he tech that landing!?" during fight scenes.

When you tech EVERYTHING.

When you've memorized literally everything about the game; Trophy descriptions, ATs, moves, their %s, taunts, patch changes, tier lists, Story Mode Maps, stages, memes, everything.

And you'd probably have to have 100% completion in each game to do the above.
When you know everything about everything

Buffoon

Smash Ace
NNID
Buffoon_on_U
3DS FC
1719-3804-4029
You know you play too much Smash when...
you've downloaded Sm4sh so that you'll never need an excuse for not having the game inside your system.

you play Melee/PM and say to yourself that your character's recovery would have reached the ledge if it was Sm4sh.

you attempt to Wavedash in Sm4sh because you read the word "Melee" as Multi-Man Melee 2 plays on Battlefield.

you can accurately recall a fighter's animations.

you imitate a fighter's animations.

you seriously consider imitating the more "dynamic" character animations (lookin' at YOU, Fox's Up-smash).

Top Bottom