• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

You have the chance to decide how to announce the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
I really, really like it so far. Especially the part with K. Rool playing on the Gamepad, a creative way of introducing one of the features I sure hope will be added. Not bad at all.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Keep it secret, say nothing at E3, avoid all possible situations where the press would talk about it, avoid eye contact with avid Smash fans who would likely sear Nintendo's eyes.
Just when it seems all hope is lost, release the most teasing of teasers.
Slowly build 'wtf omg bbq' hype over time, this must be expertly done, much like the composition of a beautiful piece before the climactic crash of brass and percussion.
At that climax, release the most hype of hype trailers in full CG x4000+ pixel glory, with ALL THE EVERYTHING.

Unfortunately, the proper men to carry out something like this are few and far between, and the event in human capacity may even seem unlikely as it is.

Oh well, a hype trailer at E3/Nintendo Direct is probably for the best.

volbound1700

Smash Master
I am going to so get flamed for this one but here it goes:

Ok it starts out with a black screen and then all of a sudden the Brawl Intro music plays and Mario jumps down followed by Pikachu, Kirby, and Link and start to fight while music plays. (Also it pops name Veteran: Mario) for each one as they appear. All of a sudden music changes to "His World" and it pans over and Sonic appears and it displays his name. Then you hear the theme change to Dr. Wiley's stage and Megaman appears and starts shooting at Sonic. Then you hear Star Fox Armada theme play and he jumps down and starts to fight Samus (who lists her name). Then you pan over to a jungle and some rustling trees starting with the theme that played before DK appeared in the SSE and DK pops out announcing him. Then you get a view in heaven and it announces Pit plus Palutena who appears giving him a bow as fighters. You heard Fire Emblem music start and scene from background and you see Marth (ques name) and then out jumps Shulk with a sword attacking him (ques name) followed by a pan to the setting sun and Takamaru (ques name). It switches to Lucas and Earthbound before finally concluding with Pikmin emerging from a tunnel in the game (referencing caves from Pikmin 2) and attacks Lucas. Pac-Man theme plays and Pac-Man emerges to attack the two. Then the screen goes dark.

Then you start to make out the theme for Halo. It slowly builds until you get to the "Dum dun dum dun" part and you see Masterchief appear on a Halo background. A grenade explodes sending Mario flying. You hear his assault rifle go off. He has grab moves, shooting moves, and grenades. Then it pans again and shows Arbiter and announces him. (Note through this the Halo theme continues to play as it shows pictures of their characters fighting other characters already announced) This throws everything up as you now have two characters from a series not on Nintendo. Speculation and hype begin to play about the roster I now have in mind for Smash ;).

Second Trailer later on:

Display fighting showing off characters listed above along with Yoshi, Rayman, Bomberman, King K Rool, Diddy Kong, Prince Fluff, Wario, Peach, Bowser, a new Ganondorf, Mr. Game & Watch, ROB, Captain Falcon and other characters I announced early. (Note It will use the Brawl Battlefield theme similar to the mid-trailer before Brawl that starts with Peach's attack).

Want full Roster? Than see my Dream List post or the post in Impossible Characters list that I made with that long list of characters The game will be a collection of some of the greatest and most popular video game characters ever.

Vale

Smash Ace
Then you start to make out the theme for Halo. It slowly builds until you get to the "Dum dun dum dun" part and you see Masterchief appear on a Halo background. A grenade explodes sending Mario flying. You hear his assault rifle go off. He has grab moves, shooting moves, and grenades. Then it pans again and shows Arbiter and announces him. (Note through this the Halo theme continues to play as it shows pictures of their characters fighting other characters already announced) This throws everything up as you now have two characters from a series not on Nintendo. Speculation and hype begin to play about the roster I now have in mind for Smash ;).
What would differentiate Master Chief from Snake?

volbound1700

Smash Master
Master Chief was never on a Nintendo system so that throws out any rules about what characters could be in the game for one.

Also, Halo is a bigger series, at least here in USA. Perhaps that is too much focused on USA market but oh well. Snake would be in it as well don't worry. Probably reveal later.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
For me, I want the game revealed with several veterans (at least 10 or so), several stages (new and old), some cool new gameplay tidbits, and most importantly, the new epic graphical and processing capabilities highlighted and shown. After all, the jump in terms of those two things is about two generations of gaming.
What would differentiate Master Chief from Snake?
1. Master Chief never appeared on a Nintendo console game. According to Smash Bros. creator, producer, and director Masahiro Sakurai, a character must have one Nintendo console appearance in order to be playable.
2. Master Chief is owned by Microsoft, one of Nintendo's rival companies, which makes Master chief a 4th (5th?) party character.
3. Given that the Xbox One seems to do little to no video games, Master Chief might be upgraded to a 17th party gaming character along with characters that appear only on comic strips.
4. (Solid) Snake is a third party company and has appeared on a plethora of Nintendo console games. The first Metal Gear game actually sold over a million units on the NES.

Other Nintendo console Metal gear games are:
Metal Gear: Ghost Babel on the Game Boy exclusively.
Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes (a remake of Metal Gear Solid) on the GameCube exclusively.
Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes and Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain may be released on the WiiU.

5. Metal Gear series creator Hideo Kojima and Smash Bros. creator Masahiro Sakurai are great friends.
6. Hideo Kojima begged to Masahiro Sakurai to let Snake be in Melee (but it was too late). He then did the same thing in Brawl, which Sakurai complied to do.

Vale

Smash Ace
1. Master Chief never appeared on a Nintendo console game...
6. Hideo Kojima begged to Masahiro Sakurai to let Snake be in Melee (but it was too late). He then did the same thing in Brawl, which Sakurai complied to do.
Master Chief was never on a Nintendo system so that throws out any rules about what characters could be in the game for one.

Also, Halo is a bigger series, at least here in USA. Perhaps that is too much focused on USA market but oh well. Snake would be in it as well don't worry. Probably reveal later.
Sorry for not being clear, I meant inside of the game. He was described as having grenades and a rocket launcher, so I was just wondering if there was a similar moveset envisioned for the two of them. They both look like they would be multi-projectile heavyweights.

I'm not familiar with the Halo series, however, so I don't know what types of weapons could be used. And the recovery would probably be different. Master Chief's armour would also make some of the aerials look odd, if I'm not mistaken.

~~~
Since I never replied to the actual topic of the thread, I think the trailer should start out with the same four characters it always had, and then showcase the game mechanics and new players. I like the way Brawl's looked, mixing stages with cutscenes.

volbound1700

Smash Master
He would have assault rifle and other weapons but yes wouldn't be heavily different than Snake. I would intend to have every big video game characters/series represented.

Even darkhorses like Commander Keen, Bomberman, Crash Bandicoot, etc.

Perhaps by the time we have a new Smash, Microsoft would be third party :laugh:

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
For me, I want the game revealed with several veterans (at least 10 or so), several stages (new and old), some cool new gameplay tidbits, and most importantly, the new epic graphical and processing capabilities highlighted and shown. After all, the jump in terms of those two things is about two generations of gaming.

1. Master Chief never appeared on a Nintendo console game. According to Smash Bros. creator, producer, and director Masahiro Sakurai, a character must have one Nintendo console appearance in order to be playable.
2. Master Chief is owned by Microsoft, one of Nintendo's rival companies, which makes Master chief a 4th (5th?) party character.
3. Given that the Xbox One seems to do little to no video games, Master Chief might be upgraded to a 17th party gaming character along with characters that appear only on comic strips.
4. (Solid) Snake is a third party company and has appeared on a plethora of Nintendo console games. The first Metal Gear game actually sold over a million units on the NES.

Other Nintendo console Metal gear games are:
Metal Gear: Ghost Babel on the Game Boy exclusively.
Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes (a remake of Metal Gear Solid) on the GameCube exclusively.
Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes and Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain may be released on the WiiU.

5. Metal Gear series creator Hideo Kojima and Smash Bros. creator Masahiro Sakurai are great friends.
And Metal Gear Solid 3D: Snake Eater for 3DS.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
^^^ I can't believe I forgot that game! :laugh:
Perhaps by the time we have a new Smash, Microsoft would be third party :laugh:
It's called the Xbox ONE because Microsoft is only making ONE more console! :awesome:

But yeah, that would be interesting. However, first and foremost, important Nintendo characters like Dixie Kong, Mewtwo, K. Rool, Ridley, Little Mac, Shulk (who I think is becoming important to Nintendo), maybe a new Pokémon come first, and 3rd party characters like Mega Man and Pac-Man come first.

After that, I'm all for some more 3rd party madness.

volbound1700

Smash Master
^^^ I can't believe I forgot that game! :laugh:

It's called the Xbox ONE because Microsoft is only making ONE more console! :awesome:

But yeah, that would be interesting. However, first and foremost, important Nintendo characters like Dixie Kong, Mewtwo, K. Rool, Ridley, Little Mac, Shulk (who I think is becoming important to Nintendo), maybe a new Pokémon come first, and 3rd party characters like Mega Man and Pac-Man come first.

After that, I'm all for some more 3rd party madness.
Pretty much all those characters are already in my list (although I attached Dixie with Kiddy Kong in a combo). I think I may have left off Shulk. Let's let his series develop a little more.

Tweezer Salad

Smash Apprentice
Screen is pitch black, then flames slowly rise with the Smash Bros logo slowly getting closer to the screen. With creepy chanting voices playing the whole time. The logo gets as close as possible and the camera goes into the logo leading us to a small peacefull field.

Then dudes dressed in Mario, DK, Pikachu and Yoshi suits appear and beat the crap out of each other while The Turtles' "So Happy Together" plays.
Newcomers also appear and are dressed in costumes as well, with a similar "newcomer" label under their names like the brawl trailer had.
Ridley Too! But looks more like barney though.

Tiberious

Smash Journeyman
No way, for his Final Smash he'd pull an Oprah:

"You get a Landmaster! And you get a Landmaster! And you get a Landmaster! Everybody gets a Landmaster!"

And then it'll proceed to rain Landmasters.
At which point the world will simply stop when the second one tries to come down, as it cannot process more than one Landmaster.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
No way, for his Final Smash he'd pull an Oprah:

"You get a Landmaster! And you get a Landmaster! And you get a Landmaster! Everybody gets a Landmaster!"

And then it'll proceed to rain Landmasters.
All I could picture was Oprah giving a bunch of crazy stupid Oprah-obsessed women Landmasters and them driving them off the lot and running into stuff on purpose.

But yeah, that or forced random tripping always happening would be a great Final Smash for Masahiro Sakurai.

Or better yet, we find out SAKURAI IS A LANDMASTER or perhaps even ALL LANDMASTERS!!! :psycho:
Sakurai comes into the middle of E3 (Not where the Ninty Directs are, mind you) with sunglasses and a backwards red cap. He's carrying a boombox over his head that's playing a hip-hop remix of Brawl's main theme. He then puts down the boombox on Sony's stage while their conference is going on, turns it up louder and throws everyone currently on-stage into the audience. President Reggie then switches whatever current footage is on the screen with a Super Smash Bros. music video showing the evolution of the franchise through the years. It then shows a screen with nothing but the Sm4sh logo.

*Cue cheers from Twilight Princess E3 2004*
Please for the love of God never stop posting here...

Powerstars

Smash Apprentice
All I could picture was Oprah giving a bunch of crazy stupid Oprah-obsessed women Landmasters and them driving them off the lot and running into stuff on purpose.

But yeah, that or forced random tripping always happening would be a great Final Smash for Masahiro Sakurai.

Or better yet, we find out SAKURAI IS A LANDMASTER or perhaps even ALL LANDMASTERS!!! :psycho:
Please for the love of God never stop posting here...
Awe, thank you, I'll try to be involved in the forums. :)

ssbHex

Smash Apprentice
EDIT: OMITTED. How do you post a spoiler???

you'd think it'd be
, wouldn't you? But no, it's (collapse) and (/collapse) with [ ] marks instead of ( ).
Edit: Thanks for this! Posted my reveal down below. Yeah, I tried
too. Weird that's not it. Thanks again!

ssbHex

Smash Apprentice
Okay guys, I've got it: the Ultimate Smash 4 trailer.

Sakurai comes onto Nintendo Direct. He says, "Hello everyone, I would like to tell you in no uncertain terms that the following reveal is the Smash Bros 4 trailer. [laughs]. I have been listening to your criticisms carefully, and I have included the characters that I think are strictly the most popular among the fans. Without further ado, [clears throat, then laughs] I present to you this trailer."

Screen goes black as it transitions to Battlefield, where the 4 characters from the Brawl reveal are once again duking it out.
In the background, a giant white square appears with a question mark on it. It's a character slot.
Suddenly, out of nowhere, Assist Trophies start falling out of the sky.

All your favourite characters who didn't quite make it in Brawl come out of their Assist Trophies- Lyn, Saki, Isaac, Little Mac, Kat & Ana if you're into that. Everyone.
They proceed to fight to the death edge of the stage for their chance to make it into Smash 4. This is not unlike the trailer for MGS4 where Raiden and Snake fight to be main character. Anyway...

The 4 Vets join the fight too. These events unfold:

-Kirby sucks up Little Mac's gloves, rendering him useless, so he quits, jumps off the edge, and dies.
-Saki goes beast mode, becomes super embarassed, thinks he's a monster or some ****, and leaves. Maybe sheds a tear.
-Lyn and Isaac duke it out. They get into a verbal disagreement when they both realize neither of them are relevant to their own series anymore. They both SD, holding hands, crying.
-Kirby uses Starfy as a warp star. Feeling violated, he/it leaves and seeks therapy.
After several minutes of this, it seems everyone has pretty much been worn out. The dust settles, it shows Mario and other characters panting on the ground. What nobody notices is that slowly, creeping up to the character slot unnoticed, is a slender, mustachioed side-villain. He grabs the slot and across the screen it says:

NEWCOMER: WALUIGI.

All the characters gasp. People everywhere rage. It is the perfect beginning to Sakurai's perfect reveal.
What's left of the other characters all rush to Waluigi, with intent to boot him off the stage(and out of the game).
When, as if by some divine force intervening, they all trip, in unison.

The camera pans to the stage, where we notice the cause of the tripping was by some sort of fairy dust.

Close up on Mario's face as he looks up to a silhouette of a strange character. Light flashes!
KOOLOO LIMPAH.

NEWCOMER: TINGLE

Mario becomes dizzy and faints. The camera goes to a new stage, showing a fight between Samus, Fox, Captain Falcon, and Donkey Kong.

Samus annihilates every last one of them in a few short seconds. Fans cheer. This is what they wanted to see.

All is quiet, and Suddenly, RIDLEY ambushes her from behind. She quickly dodges. Oh ****, it's exactly like the Melee opening! Dayumn!

At this point, Samus has a nervous breakdown seeing VasculaRidley, cries, and SDs. On the screen it says:
CUT VETERANS: SAMUS

Everyone cries, and Ridley ****ing leaves and still isn't in Smash Bros. Sorry.

The trailer then does a montage of new gameplay mechanics in Smash 4.

NEW AND IMPROVED TRIPPING.

Tripping is now mandatory after every 3 steps.

NEW MOVES

Hold the Gamepad Upside-down backwards while balancing 2 Wiimotes on each foot and a 3DS in your mouth; a brand new way to do your Up-B!

WAVEDASHING
Just for the fans, we brought it back! But ONLY Fox can do it!
etc.

Finally, the screen goes black one more time. It fades to ROB sitting around, looking depressed, playing with his gyros. He is disappointed to see what Smash and Nintendo has become. Real sad music plays... He pulls out a handgun made of Gyros, and as the music halts, he lifts it to his head, and offs himself.

All is silent.

...A creaking noise stirs faintly in the background... Each step it gets louder. You can hear Robotic beeps and boops as it comes closer. The screen is already very dark, but begins to have a tint of red to it.

The creature stops by the late ROB's body, picks up its head, and tears from it his laser eyes.

The creature installs it onto itself, the camera does a 360 degree spin as it slowly builds up and...

NEWCOMER: VIRTUAL BOY

Screen cuts to the logo. Game is called Super Smash Bros U.(rinary Tract Infection). The 3DS version is cancelled. Release date is early 2017. (if we're good).
Iwata: Good night everyone, and thank you for watching Nintendo Direct at E3. That's all we've got this year. Peace

Sakurai: [Laughs]

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
I'd have a team of professionals make a cinematic trailer and I would present it to the world

that's all you need to do

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom