• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

You Cannot Grasp The Full Power Of Giygas's Attack! Giygas For Super Smash Bros!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Oooh!
My thread has been revived!
Great!

This is first n my list of threads to fix up and make more professional!

And thanks for the Moveset Swamp!

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Agree on the size, weight, and the PSI magnet. I'll edit that part in. Also like that attack idea, although it sounds more like a smash attack.
Well, Lucas and Ness already use extended PSI to an extent, so I feel like Giegue/Giygas should as well, but with PSI Rockin (perhaps the non-Omega kind?)

See Lucas' dash attack for the prime example of this.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
More supporters and Swamp Castle's Moveset have been added to the OP!

Can you guys help me revive some other threads?

Swamp Castle

Smash Apprentice
Well, Lucas and Ness already use extended PSI to an extent, so I feel like Giegue/Giygas should as well, but with PSI Rockin (perhaps the non-Omega kind?)

See Lucas' dash attack for the prime example of this.
Had to look up a video to see what you mean, and I agree completely.
Oooh!
My thread has been revived!
Great!
This is first n my list of threads to fix up and make more professional!
And thanks for the Moveset Swamp!
Thank you! I try.
More supporters and Swamp Castle's Moveset have been added to the OP!

Can you guys help me revive some other threads?
I suppose, if I support them *shrug*. Show me what you've got.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Last edited:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
I'll pass reviving the others, but thanks. (Seriously, though, you should revive my Daitoryo thread. It's been dead for awhile now.)
I shall try, though I don't really know how to go about reviving a thread.

Oh, and I added another thread to that list I just posted.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
If anything, PK Rock in should be a neutral move that you can charge up and save the charge. Once released there should be a medium ranged attack that's really powerfull.

Took this from me never having enough pp in earthbound to use that move, so I often had to save it up.

Mirron

Smash Journeyman
I'd much rather have Giygas be playable over Porky myself. Both of them appear in two games apiece, but Giygas is the reason everything is kicked off, even if Porky is the one who finishes it. Plus he just seems a lot more intimidating is part of it as well.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
I'd much rather have Giygas be playable over Porky myself. Both of them appear in two games apiece, but Giygas is the reason everything is kicked off, even if Porky is the one who finishes it. Plus he just seems a lot more intimidating is part of it as well.
Exactly.
I love Porky's backstory and the character as a whole, but he was only the antagonist in one game, and even then he was influenced by Giygas.

Swamp Castle

Smash Apprentice
My thoughts exactly.

PigmaskColonel

Smash Journeyman
You can probably tell by my profile pic, but I want Porky WAAAY more than Giygas. Although if the EB/Mother series magically got four slots, then we could have Ness, Lucas, Porky, and Giygas. And if Giygas was in SSB4, I'd probably want him in his Mother form instead of his EB form. It'd be much more Smash-friendly, plus we would be getting some Mother rep.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
You can probably tell by my profile pic, but I want Porky WAAAY more than Giygas. Although if the EB/Mother series magically got four slots, then we could have Ness, Lucas, Porky, and Giygas. And if Giygas was in SSB4, I'd probably want him in his Mother form instead of his EB form. It'd be much more Smash-friendly, plus we would be getting some Mother rep.
I recently thought of the idea of having Porky and Giygas as one character.
It would be sort of a Rosalina and Luma type character, with a mid-possession Porky (in the red and black stripes suit) using EB Giygas as some attacks, while also attacking with physical power sometimes to.

PigmaskColonel

Smash Journeyman
I recently thought of the idea of having Porky and Giygas as one character.
It would be sort of a Rosalina and Luma type character, with a mid-possession Porky (in the red and black stripes suit) using EB Giygas as some attacks, while also attacking with physical power sometimes to.
It could work, but I would like to see Porky in a seperate slot. It would make more since to have him in his old/Bed Mech form, due to it being his latest incarnation. :smirk:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
It could work, but I would like to see Porky in a seperate slot. It would make more since to have him in his old/Bed Mech form, due to it being his latest incarnation. :smirk:
Yeah, this would be cool.
Is worry about this being to big, and still being OP if Sakurai shrunk it down, but Crusade proved that it could work.

And also, if a certain someone was making a Smash fan game, and if they were considering to have Porky much later on, what form should he take? Besides the Bed Mech.

PigmaskColonel

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, this would be cool.
Is worry about this being to big, and still being OP if Sakurai shrunk it down, but Crusade proved that it could work.

And also, if a certain someone was making a Smash fan game, and if they were considering to have Porky much later on, what form should he take? Besides the Bed Mech.
Yeah. I remember reading an article about how the Bed Mech's model in Brawl was HUUUUUUUGE! It was way bigger than the actual size it was in Mother 3. That's why Crusade reassured us that it was possible. (D***, why haven't they released it on MAC?!)

Well, the Spider Mech would be the obvious choice, but I feel like it doesn't have as much moveset potential as the Bed Mech. And Porky without a mech? Well, what the h*** would he do? :facepalm:

Last edited:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Yeah. I remember reading an article about how the Bed Mech's model in Brawl was HUUUUUUUGE! It was way bigger than the actually size it was in Mother 3. That's why Crusade reassured us that it was possible. (D***, why haven't they released it on MAC?!)

Well, the Spider Mech would be the obvious choice, but I feel like it doesn't have as much moveset potential as the Bed Mech. And Porky without a mech? Well, what the h*** would he do? :facepalm:
I know, I wish that Crusade did a Mac release too. Then I can have an understanding of a Smash Fan Game for Affinity (Fan game I'm making, it has a Dojo thread).

Meh, I am not exactly sure what Porky would do without a mech.
Though I do like the Porky and Giygas thing.

PigmaskColonel

Smash Journeyman
I know, I wish that Crusade did a Mac release too. Then I can have an understanding of a Smash Fan Game for Affinity (Fan game I'm making, it has a Dojo thread).

Meh, I am not exactly sure what Porky would do without a mech.
Though I do like the Porky and Giygas thing.
Oh! Cool, you're making a Smash fan game? That's pretty awesome.

But yeah...Sorry for getting off topic! :facepalm:

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
I suppose by Giygas we're mainly talking about Giegue right? Considering Giygas doesn't even have a physical form in Mother 2. If so, count me in. He's been in two mother games as the main antagonist (and was supposed to make a cameo in Mother 3 from what i understand), and would make an incredibly surprising and unexpected addition to the roster, even if he does sort of resemble Mewtwo.

How cool would it be to use both Mewtwo and Giegue together in battle? Of course the only problem is, how do you take a character who is effectively powerful beyond imagination to the point of incomprehensibility and place them in a fighting game on equal standing with Princess Peach? I know the same thing can be said for Ganondorf as the King of Evil and all but still, limiting Giegue's limitless power may dull his character somewhat. After all, isn't his power what makes him so iconic? That he has to be killed by emotional weaknesses and prayers because conventional weapons do nothing? Besides the whole scary final battle thing.

PigmaskColonel

Smash Journeyman
I suppose by Giygas we're mainly talking about Giegue right? Considering Giygas doesn't even have a physical form in Mother 2. If so, count me in. He's been in two mother games as the main antagonist (and was supposed to make a cameo in Mother 3 from what i understand), and would make an incredibly surprising and unexpected addition to the roster, even if he does sort of resemble Mewtwo.

How cool would it be to use both Mewtwo and Giegue together in battle? Of course the only problem is, how do you take a character who is effectively powerful beyond imagination to the point of incomprehensibility and place them in a fighting game on equal standing with Princess Peach? I know the same thing can be said for Ganondorf as the King of Evil and all but still, limiting Giegue's limitless power may dull his character somewhat. After all, isn't his power what makes him so iconic? That he has to be killed by emotional weaknesses and prayers because conventional weapons do nothing? Besides the whole scary final battle thing.
D*****, you stole the words out of my mouth!

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845

This is his biggest obstacle (if we're not including overrepresentation of the Mother franchise). However, if it worked for Ganondorf, whose gimmick was that he's the holder of the triforce of power and all, I think they could make it work for Giygas/Giegue.

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936

The same can be said of Palutena since she is a goddess, so I don't think it would be an obstacle for Giygas. Also, I support. Will probably do a moveset another day. I'm too tired to do one now.

Dreamking

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DreamWanderer92
3DS FC
0817-5074-8674
Switch FC
6827-7951-1977
I don't know too much about the Earthbound series, but I like what I see in Giygas (which should be what he ought to be called if he was playable). I agree he needs to be in his Mother 1 form to work. That way that the three Earthbound characters of Ness, Lucas, and Giygas each represent one of the games. I support him being in.

Eight Melodies

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DestroyerGiygas
Despite Giygas being one of my favorite characters ever, I don't want him if Mewtwo returns since he's very similar design-wise to Giygas and is more recognizable. If Mewtwo doesn't come back though, I totally support.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Despite Giygas being one of my favorite characters ever, I don't want him if Mewtwo returns since he's very similar design-wise to Giygas and is more recognizable. If Mewtwo doesn't come back though, I totally support.
Oh, boo. They're only as similar as Jigglypuff and Kirby are.

Eight Melodies

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DestroyerGiygas
Oh, boo. They're only as similar as Jigglypuff and Kirby are.
Well they are both also psychic. Jigglypuff can't suck up people and copy them like Kirby does.

Granted, there are a lot of things you can do with PSI and Giygas is far more powerful than Mewtwo, so you could give him an original moveset.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom