• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

You can Bomb Jump!..

Zaprong

Smash Apprentice
...Only on the ground, for like 6-7 bombs before you return to normal.

https://vine.co/v/ewtL7bvZwKQ

How will this affect the meta?

I believe may be a lot, may be not, just found this out in training mode.

My first impression was to catch ledges on the first frame of vulnerability, since bomb explosions last for 18 frames I believe?
That was my first impression.

Iddis

Smash Apprentice
It'd definitely be interesting to see how it could/would be utilized for high level play. If at all possible that is... (maybe it'd be favorable against a few characters as some sort of edgeguard thing???)

Last edited:

Tonetta

Smash Apprentice
its good tech skill... to show off when you star ko your opponent with an upsmash

SpottedCerberus

Smash Journeyman
its good tech skill... to show off when you star ko your opponent with an upsmash
Yeah, that's how I use this. Samus's taunts are terrible, so I have to be creative.

There's not much of a point to the grounded bomb jumps otherwise.

Tonetta

Smash Apprentice
samus has a really good uptaunt for respect, but why waste time taunting when you can be charging your lasers or spamming bomb tech?

DungeonMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Dalaeck
I'm not sure why I failed at doing this when the game first came out... I swear I tried.... patches..? Unlikely, I probably had just no skill then.
Irrespective, how high can you go? It's just timing right? Really precise timing to gain height?
If it can be maintained indefinitely, it's very important for off-stage. Off-stage timeout and off stage deep horizontal recovery.

MegaRiff

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MegaRiff
I'm fairly certain that's only possible because of the floor preventing the bombs from going any lower. That's why it can only be maintained for so long. You get too high up in the air and the floor then becomes too low.

Zaprong

Smash Apprentice
I'm not sure why I failed at doing this when the game first came out... I swear I tried.... patches..? Unlikely, I probably had just no skill then.
Irrespective, how high can you go? It's just timing right? Really precise timing to gain height?
If it can be maintained indefinitely, it's very important for off-stage. Off-stage timeout and off stage deep horizontal recovery.
It requires Frmaperfect timing the first bomb, but after that you can keep spamming downb.

I'm fairly certain that's only possible because of the floor preventing the bombs from going any lower. That's why it can only be maintained for so long. You get too high up in the air and the floor then becomes too low.
This

Awww. Come on! Give it a chance.

Im thinking that if you go and do it and the ledge and wait for the last bomb to hit the opponent on first frame vulnerability and break the chain for a Dair it would work in theory.

I think even get up options work because they cannot hit you nor normal getup because of the bomb, if they roll you can move and Dair, and if they jump you can just Dair in place.

Havent experimented as much because Im having a lot of lag lately online and I dont have an scene near me.

Last edited:

Afro Smash

Smash Ace
NNID
Afro_Smash
3DS FC
2938-6360-9529
I do this when I come across a person on FG that refuses to approach, I can't see it having any use competitvely though

_gold_

Smash Master
I suppose I have no skill either, because I have tried this multiple times myself, and have failed. However, I just attempted it in practice mode, and I pulled it off. I can't imagine this came with the 1.1.0 patch, but a mere oversight seems unlikely too.

As for height, unfortunately it doesn't go any higher than in the video from the OP. At least as far as I can tell.

Last edited:
Top Bottom