• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

You Aren't Doing Anything Wrong

ssbbFICTION

Smash Champion
I'm making this thread in response to the numerous "rate my wario" threads where people put up a few videos of their wario against a friend of theirs and expect to have other wario players point out exactly what they should do differently in order to soundly trounce their friend. There are a few things wrong with this:

There are many different styles of wario, as he is a very open character. Thus, when you post for other warios to rate you and wonder why you aren't getting much feedback and can't figure it out.....there's a misunderstanding there.

You aren't doing anything wrong with wario. Every single move you do throughout the entire game contributes to your individual style. I can look at DMG's wario and tell him that hes doing a bunch of things wrong, and he can look at mine and tell me I'm not dodging enough. It doesn't mean that either of us has a better wario, or that either of us has a specifically better way to play. The only thing that rate my wario threads are good for are to have other warios tell you what they would have done in this situation, which you can get from watching other peoples videos. It would be better just to post some videos of your wario and let people watch them to watch them. To do this however, you would probably want something unique about your style that you think others want to see

Idk, just some of my thoughts. Sorry for the jumbledness XD

MBreeto

Smash Ace
It's so hard to think of something to say in response when you have such a valid point. I guess the 'rate my wario' threads are made because 1. People want to show off their Wario skills and expect some kind of compliment response, or 2. They will use the suggestions they get from the ratings to try and improve. I could just be stating the obvious, but like I said earlier, it's really hard to respond to what you said :(

FB Dj_Iskascribble

Frostbitten
Yes that is all valid, but some people may be doing some stupid mistakes that they wouldnt catch unless someone else pointed them out for them.

YagamiDark

Smash Journeyman
IMO, people put these up so more successful players can critique them based on their own play style so they can adjust to them. More like following in someones footsteps, or using someones instructions as a guideline to develop their Wario game until it's mature enough that they can develop and tweak it on their own.

Kraryo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SrirachaJoe
3DS FC
4124-5128-1575
It could be because they aren't confident about their skills. They might not of faced many people that were better than them and don't know what to do against somebody that's more skilled. That's a legimate reason for people flooding the Wario boards with those threads.

ssbbFICTION

Smash Champion
It could be because they aren't confident about their skills. They might not of faced many people that were better than them and don't know what to do against somebody that's more skilled. That's a legimate reason for people flooding the Wario boards with those threads.
We can't tell them how to deal with better players if we don't see how they would fight against better players. If they have a video of themselves against a known player with a known style that other warios have played, then they could do it. Not for any other reason.

Richard7

Smash Ace
We can't tell them how to deal with better players if we don't see how they would fight against better players. If they have a video of themselves against a known player with a known style that other warios have played, then they could do it. Not for any other reason.
Well unfortunately Nintendo are really good at making horrible online systems for games, so this isn't possible.

MBreeto

Smash Ace
Well unfortunately Nintendo are really good at making horrible online systems for games, so this isn't possible.
They kinda force people to go to tournaments, which is kind of cool if you can afford the transportation, but not cool if you can't. I really wish you could do 'create a match' in brawl online. I would probably cry tears of joy if that happened

MBreeto

Smash Ace
What did you guys ever do back in melee 0_o
You mean without Wario? I was a Fox guy. I've been playing him since SSB. Something about Brawl made me want to switch though, and I've been a fan of the warioland games, so I figured I would give Wario a shot, and I've been using him ever since

PKNintendo

Smash Master
You mean without Wario? I was a Fox guy. I've been playing him since SSB. Something about Brawl made me want to switch though, and I've been a fan of the warioland games, so I figured I would give Wario a shot, and I've been using him ever since
Fox is a ***got in Brawl. Same thing happened to my friend.

I mean
Fox: Better luck next time Falco.

In a REALLY annoying way.

ssbbFICTION

Smash Champion
I meant that there wasn't ANY online in melee so how did you guys ever go to tournies?

Kraryo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SrirachaJoe
3DS FC
4124-5128-1575
In Melee, some of my favorite characters were Young Link, Luigi, and Pichu. Mewtwo is sort of neat, but I like those three better. Pichu (or Plusle and Minun as an IC version of Pikachu) should of been in Brawl.

MBreeto

Smash Ace
I meant that there wasn't ANY online in melee so how did you guys ever go to tournies?
I live on the east coast, but I couldn't afford to travel to new york or any other places holding tournaments, so I just ended up playing my friends. A LOT. Sure there were local tournaments, but I never really played melee as seriously with friends as a do with Brawl. Melee was for fun, Brawl gets personal ;). Brawl and Mario Party 4 end friendships where I live :)

Top Bottom