• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

yoshis.

WIGI

Smash Champion
i need help with yoshis. i fought one INCREDIBLE yoshi today (big red) and i beat him once, and almost beat him the thrid match, but still, he owned me frist match. the match lasted liek a minute and a half. i started to recongnize patterns and thus i was grabbed less, but he was just so good at gimping me and punishing me off stage and on stage it was redikulus.

anyone know how to fight yoshis well?

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
I play daily good yoshis. I can't honestly say, but I believe Yoshi has a slightly a better advantage in terms of air control and better ground game. I don't know if he can grab release you, but don't fall for that. I know yoshi and luigi's matchup is dead 50-50 hands down. Yoshi can survive abit longer than luigi since hes abit heavier.

Remember that Yoshi's Nair acts like luigi's nair so becareful of juggling. Throw out some Dair Nair combos which always works as starter combo along with some utilts. Whenever yoshi's off stage, GO AGGRESSIVE ON HIM OFFSTAGE. Just don't get Dair/Fair spiked by him. Which brings to my point is, don't get hit offstage either. Careless rising tornados, green missles can cost a big stock on you espically with his sniping eggs, fair/dair, better aerial mobility.

Try mixing up with sweetspoting the green missle, and sometimes aiming abit higher, so you'll land on stage, or do a half charged missle, then if he attempts to gimp you, retain your second jump, hit him back and you should be fine.

Go with Eten's tactics, try to get in slightly, in front of him, and space yourself with a Fsmash for a kill. Most yoshis should never fair in front of you on stage.

But mostly, Dair> Nair > Utilts, then maybe looking for a shoryuken, if not, throw away fireballs, abit aerials until fsmash kill range, then fingerbang his *** back to mario land is how I always win.

WIGI

Smash Champion
thanks hippie, il rematch big red next time i see him

also side note

counterpick rainbow cruis vrs ike=win.

and i taunt spiekd a pikachuc hardcore

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
oh, DONT CP AGAINST YOSHI WITH YOSHIS ISLAND . It his hometurff lolz. He like rules there, hes downb can be autograbbed, autocanceled from land lag on the edge, just tidbit. if you wanna cp him, go for castle siege =D

WIGI

Smash Champion
oh thanks for the cp info. i couldn't decide were to take him and i ran out opf time and dumbly chose mansion. BAD IDEA xD

i think next time id go castle or maybey rainbow.

KC18

Smash Journeyman
i have minimal yoshi experience, but spacing the bair works really well, and ye what hippiedude said as well.

kigbariom

Smash Lord
As a rule I face Yoshi in the air, and use up some fireballs. Yoshi is more agile and heavy so spacing is important.

Eten

Smash Ace
You want to know my secret list of who I hate facing as Luigi the most?

It's like this:
Meta-Knight
Other Luigi's
->YOSHI<-

I'm not sure what it is, as I haven't figured it out yet, but there is something that I rely on that Yoshi doesn't let me do and I'm constantly eating his moves in places where I totally wouldn't be getting hit. To sum it up, I hate fighting Yoshi's.

jbandrew

Smash Lord
lol Yoshi, just approach and pressure like maaaaad... I beat Big Red consistently :p

No but seriously just sheild them eggs and dont let him breathe... Yoshi's love taking their breathing time to spam eggs <_<

D

Deleted member

Yea if you see an egg coming out, down b and hit him, it has a bit of lag afterwards, and u can down b under the egg. Dont space bairs, he will pivot grab you, just try and combo him quickly, pressure his shield, get in grabs if hes shielding, and dont lets him initiate first. I think weegy can short hop nair OOS after yoshi bairs him.

:yoshi:

Hi Jbrandrew =D

Ghostflames

Smash Rookie
burnt! your telling the luigis how to beat us, shh! :p

but seriously, burnt basically covered it.

Top Bottom