• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Yoshi's Universal Matchup List -- Find All Matchup Threads Here!

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Alright, comrades! I think we could use a tiny bit of organization in here.

To this end, I'm going to go through and compile all of our matchup threads in one central location so duplicate threads don't start popping up again like they used to. If we have stage discussion threads (something I'm looking into starting soon), then they'll get put here, too. I'll try to cover the most popular characters first and then get to the lesser known or lesser played matchups. Remember, these aren't just for reference, but also so people can keep posting in them to keep everything up to date and fresh! I hope people can use this (in conjunction with the search function) to make finding little nuggets of Yoshi knowledge that much easier. ^_^

Yoshi says: "Knowledge and information are your first offensive tactic and your last line of defense."

Let's rock!

Last updated on Wednesday, May 25, 2016:
Removed all threads that no longer exist
Reorganized character threads alphabetically

P.S. - Since I do not know or care about the post-Melee tier list, changing this back to alphabetical order.

ALL-PURPOSE

Characters
· jv3x3's matchup ratio thread.
· the sideburns' edgeguarding and spiking thread.
· technomancer's low-tier matchup thread.

Techniques
· technomancer's reverse down smash (complete with mindgames!) thread.

Stages
· yoshmaster5's advantage and counter-stage thread.

CHARACTERS

Bowser
· ÖwnÄ's matchup thread.
· Pustulio's dual matchup thread.

Captain Falcon
· Bullfrog's matchup thread.

Doctor Mario
· technomancer's matchup thread.
· Winnar's matchup thread.

Donkey Kong
· Pustulio's dual matchup thread.

Falco
· Shiri's matchup thread.

Fox
· Mr. Showtime's matchup thread.
· D1's matchup thread.

Ganondorf
· Seba's matchup thread.

Ice Climbers
·

Jigglypuff
·

Kirby
·

Link
·

Luigi
· RedYoshi92's matchup thread.

Mario
· Shiri's matchup thread.

Marth
·
nub?'s matchup thread.

Mewtwo
·

Mr. Game and Watch
·

Ness
· burntsocks' matchup thread.

Peach

·
YOSHIDO's matchup thread.

Pichu
·

Pikachu
·

Roy
·

Samus
·

Sheik

·

Yoshi
·
Young Link
· Eternal Yoshi's matchup thread.

Zelda
·

If you have any questions or have an update, PM me or post here.

As I understand it, there was a forum software change a few years ago that may have orphaned or erased many threads from the past. If anybody happens to go dumpster diving and finds any of gems that should go here, let me know. Also, if there are current threads that should be added to this post, let me know or have whomever the current mod is add them to this list. The formatting is fairly straightforward.

Last edited:

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Thanks.

This isn't the extent of what I've found...just kinda poking through when I have time, still. I'll put it up in a bit. Thanks again. ^_^

Rob_Gambino

Smash Lord
I like this thread a lot, but I think we need to make updates on some of the mini thread like the character matchup thread.

park5150

Smash Ace
This is so kool!!! having a lot of threads all around and stuff was not kool. Thanks shiri for doing this. :)

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Aw, man...I found some pretty sweet threads while looking back in our Archives of Yosh.

We have some kind-of-amazing threads here...

...but it can all be attributed to our kind-of-amazing community...

...that plays our kind-of-amazing character. You guys should check some of this stuff out when you get the chance.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Hmm, did I miss those? I guess so. I thought I found them in one of my romps, though.

Oh well. I'll add those at the next update. That's looking like it'll be tomorrow evening.

Thanks for reminding me. ^_^

Gkryptonite

Smash Journeyman
Stickity Stick This Thread

I've picked up Yoshi now, and this thread existing makes life a whole lot easier

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: The only thing more amazing than this thread is your sig, good sir!

D

Deleted member

Holy...thats alot of techs! I feel like i suck at yoshi now. Oh well, better get to work before brawl comes out :p

Btw, bringer, i knwo this is pissing u off, but i dont want to get an infraction, so could u tell me again waht i can or cant bump?
Nvm, Shiri answered my question on your behalf i guess.

ÖwnÄ

Smash Ace
We soooo need a Ness guide! Ima start one if someone else doesnt do it first coz i am having a ruff tym with a ness player who knos my game inside out!

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Feel free, good sir! ÖwnÄ coming out with the hawt new Ness guide?! Too good!

D

Deleted member

Not that i know of, but since we can should we just make threads of every single matchup we havent done yet :yoshi: It would possibly help, though the low tier matchup thread does most of them.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Nah, it would probably be better to just have the threads on an as-needed basis.

Why make a thread if nobody wants to discuss the matter, know what I mean? The discussion in the thread also becomes lackluster if nobody feels stimulated by the topic, so just making a matchup thread for the sake of it would probably hurt more than help. That's how I see it, anyway. Not saying that you can't make matchup threads, but if you're just making it to make it, then it's probably not gonna end up so well.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Found it.

Holy snap, I was looking for my thread for like ten minutes before I saw it was stickied, hahahaha.

Thanks, Bringer/Mic (?). ^_^

Winnar

Smash Lord
:D Thanks, you wrawk.

*Will read the posts and come up with something helpful tomorrow, is way too tired to do anything but make stuff look good*

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Congratulations, sir. o_0 You coulda shouted me out on the hub, though. >_>;

D1

Banned via Administration
Hey, you guys said Ness is annoying?

Well LOOKIE HERE!

I have new Fumi vids vs. Tyata's Ness...

...he released these 1-11-08!!!

SO THEY'RE MAAAAD RECENT!

Add these to the Yoshi video links if you may...

...just thought I'd contribute to the character matchup section here to bring life back to this thread.

www.youtube.com/d1mx

^^^ My Youtube Account. Just go through the Fumi v. Tyata matches to see ^_^.

Top Bottom