• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yoshi's Fate - Project M

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dinowulf

Smash Journeyman
I hope i'm not breaking any sideline rules or whatnot here at least i don't believe so. I'm not asking about a release date for Yoshi. The thing i'm concerned about is, Will Yoshi be given the short stick in Project M or will he actually have a actual fighting chance.

Now I've been a Yoshi Main Since Smash 64 and I even use him in brawl but lets face it compared to most of the active roster in Melee/Brawl, Yoshi has really haven't had much of a chance against anyone. Legendary Fighters as Fumi (Melee)/Bigman041 (Brawl) are both fantastic but i haven't seen them really go that high. I understand that this is feeling more like melee but from what i've seen with the roster some new moves has been added and some stats has been changed.

So with that I sum up the topic at hand. Will Yoshi have a much better chance of winning against charecters or should i give up Yoshi when Project M comes out and just switch to someone else?

Yoshi's always been my fav charecter because of his underdog status but imo melee was one of Yoshi's worse games. As a Yoshi fan I can't be the only person who has wondered this.

*If this is breaking the rules in anyway please lock immediately*

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
I don't think you'll have to worry about the PMBR messing up Yoshi. They've done the entire cast thus far justice, Yoshi will probably be great.

Dinowulf

Smash Journeyman
I don't think you'll have to worry about the PMBR messing up Yoshi. They've done the entire cast thus far justice, Yoshi will probably be great.
It only really bothered me cause from what i've read all these Years "yoshi has one of the toughest learning curves" in the game. At least this is what i read from Smashboards etc. I've been playing a lot of Project M and oddly my fav char is one of the last (haha) so anticipation has been driving me up the wall. but i've been patient

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776
IMHO, I think egg toss should be removed. I haven't seen to much of Yoshi's metagame, but does that move have any true purpose?

Dinowulf

Smash Journeyman
IMHO, I think egg toss should be removed. I haven't seen to much of Yoshi's metagame, but does that move have any true purpose?
The Egg toss is one of Yoshi's most important moves as it covers spacing on occassion and it helps also with Edge Guarding if Aimed right (64/melee/brawl)

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776
Sorry about that noob moment man. But nonetheless, couldn't they move it to side b and rework his shield system. A lot of his specials don't seem to mesh in my mind. Once he loses that second jump he's in serious trouble recovery wise, and knowing that has always scared me when playing as him.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
We're not looking to give anybody "the short stick" in P:M. Hopefully that's shown with our current work so far.

Please take discussion of non-released characters here. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom