• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yoshi's Double Jump Armor

Nizro

Smash Journeyman
Couldn't find anything regarding his double jump armor.
Does anyone have list of % when his double jump breaks versus aerials and such?
We all know the general % against anyone but is there really no list? I searched m2ks "hardcore list" but he didn't mention it there..
This game has been out for years and I'm the only wondering?

DstyCube

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I've looked at M2K, phanna and SDM's random data stuff and I didn't see anything on what breaks yoshi's djc. I started making a list, but it's very time consuming without anyone to help lol.

I've been told hitting yoshi's head can break his djc easier also. I want to know if this is true.

If anyone wants, we can split the cast apart and compile all the data in this thread?

Nizro

Smash Journeyman
I can surely help you out, I don't really think that it breaks easier because of where you hit(get hit), but I'll test that out too.

I can change the name of the thread once we got a finished list in that case :)
(I'm going to check Ganondorf and CF first)

Oh yeah, I think the weight difference in PAL and NTSC will show on these results.
If it does, then ****, the PAL Yoshi is way better.

rustedfencepost

Smash Apprentice
here are some of the top tiers arials + a few other dudes. these are not completely acurate and some (such as marth and falcon's stomp) dependes on how you hit them.and as most yoshi's should know after a certain % he starts getting a bit of knock back i may also make a list of that to.and yes i will finish this list later. and it will be way more acurate and descriptive

U-air D-air B-air F-air N-air
fox------49-------none---- 100------150------92
marth---88------tip-86-----130-------140----80
falco ----73--------90-------88------to lazy---91
falcon---84--------45-------85-----elec. 49---100
shiek----67--------88-------85-------94-------84 rest
jiggs-----70-------141-------91-------91------140 O

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: All of Yoshi's double jump information is listed in Bringer's guide and I have some stuff in mine as well.

And please stop calling it armor.

It's not armor.

It is just a weight change.

Oracle

Smash Master
Shiri's right. It's not armor, it just makes his weight ridiculous, hence why falco's shine at any percent will just tap him out of his jump rather than sending him upwards like everyone else

Nizro

Smash Journeyman
We(atleast I) knew it was just a weight change but you could really call it armor.. anywho
Please link to the guide that has a list of Yoshi's "breaking point"(the % where the jump cancels)
Because you kinda make it sound that you really do a have a full list.

Oracle

Smash Master
There are three types of move knockback, in my opinion
- normal knockback- A straightforward attack that has very low knockback at 0% and gradually increases with the percent. Almost every move falls into this category.

- set knockback- A move with a knockback that is based entirely on weight and who's knockback is independent of percent. these moves almost always have medium knockback. Examples
- Fox's shine
- Yoshi's D throw
- Yoshi's D tilt

- High starting knockback moves- moves that start with high knockback but who's knockback goes up very slowly with percents. These moves are usually well known for combo starting moves. Examples
- Ness's U tilt
- Falco's shine

Basically, High starting knockback moves will always cancel your DJ at any percent, set knockback moves will never cancel your double jump, while normal moves will start cancelling at mid percents, based on their strength

Nizro

Smash Journeyman
Already knew this.. I can probably give the "you kinda break here percentage" but I ask if it's there is a full list where we can see the % where the weight change doesn't matter and it'll break.

We all pretty much know when the "armor" won't matter by heart.

Oracle

Smash Master
I don't think it would be practical to make a list, as all moves would have different percents.

Just don't let falco take you off the stage or you die :p

Nizro

Smash Journeyman
Not practical? you know when you can edgeguard outside of the stage and when you can do fakeouts..

Imagine how many times you might have gone, "It's not safe he MIGHT break my DJC" that might should have been "He can't or can"

HT F8

Hostile Takeover
Shiri's right. It's not armor, it just makes his weight ridiculous, hence why falco's shine at any percent will just tap him out of his jump rather than sending him upwards like everyone else
Omg I never knew about that. Haha.
Shine "spiking" (not rly) Yoshi with Falco is 2good.

Top Bottom