• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

yoshi's best stage

ChronoPenguin

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4253-4494-4458
Yoshi's best stage is a custom stage version of Final Destination without the crappy Ledges >.>

Built in stage wise... Final Destination IMO, many of his CG's and others were there properly, excusing the ledges he works very well and there are no platforms to disrupt anything he does. Do to the clear path and his horizontal movement speed he can go over camping spam on the ground fine.
Final Destination is just overall a good choice for yoshi IMO.
Although....if Spear Pillar wasn't banned...

Against Yoshi I'd pick Luigi's mansion....disruptive little place it is with the platforms and pillars... or skyworld.

chimpact

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0361-7166-1377
I like Yoshi's Island and FD. Yoshi's Island is really good since his down b isn't punishable and I spam it a lot. His eggs are also easier to land if your opponent is on the platform. His CG is not as effective though.

FD for the reasons CP said.

Yinlong

Smash Journeyman
i like smashville

its like FD, but the moving platform can help yoshi, as yoshi's egg is one of the few projectiles that don't go in a straight line. whereas in FD, yoshi has nowhere to go against projectile spam, in smashville you have that platform. and the opponent can't use the platform because of the nature of yoshi's up +B.

also, the ledges aren't as gay.

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
Final D is probably the best, but as long as it's not Yoshi's Island or Battlefield, it's all good. Yoshi's Island just WRECKS my game with Yoshi (and a lot of characters) like nobody's business, though.

Big Red

Smash Journeyman
I like smashville as my neutral, it is nice and long, and then platform acts as saving grace for my worst aspect in yoshi's game, getting back up from the ledge. I just ece until it comes around and then I hop on it to get back in the fray. Otherwise I find my ledgehops get way to predictable, and the getup attacks, are always sheild - something bad'd.

As for cps, that really depends on the character. I like rainbow cruise against characters I can beat in the air, delfino against CGables, and sometimes I will go Frigate Orpheon just because I like it :p.

Top Bottom