• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yoshi's best move

yoshinator331

Smash Cadet
I posted this somwhere else but I can't find it so im doing it again.

Yoshi is a great character with ALOT of great moves. I need you guys to help me decide his best move(s).

also if you have any yoshi combos, please share.

St. Viers

Smash Champion
try using the search button. These things have probably been posted many times before. I could be wrong, as I don't follow Yoshi's char specific, but try anyways

ÖwnÄ

Smash Ace
Definitley the Egg toss in my opinion! One of the most versatile projectiles in the game, can be edge cancelled, can cancel out a whole load of other moves (peaches turnips, Marths sword etc) Can be spammed to **** up someones recovery (see Svampen Vs Dude on Yoshi's Story :laugh:) AND he makes funny yoshi sounds everytime he throws one. Yep, anyone for some white and green-poke-dotted-eggs?:laugh:

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: ROFL @ OwnA's sig. So here's what happened...

I thought of how cool it would be for Yoshi to be president. Like, we would be walking around in a shirt and tie with some nice gold trim on his saddle. And he'd be surrounded by deep blue Yoshis all dressed in black with the shades--the Yoshi Secret Service would be too good. Then out of nowhere, a needle hits President Albert J. Yosh in the nose and he falls over--everyone looks over to see a renegade Sheik take off over the distance. The YSS head after it, but she chaingrabs them all to death--one with each finger cuz she's that amazing. The villain gets away again, LOL.

ROFL, sorry for the interlude. It's just that my mind went on this total tangent as soon as I saw his sig. It made my day. ^_^

ÖwnÄ

Smash Ace
LMAO!!! U have one crazy imagination there Shiri! Haha freaking love it! Ur right man, The Yoshi Secret Service would be too good LOL! I'm not sure if Sheik could handle them all by herself! :laugh:

Bullfrog

Smash Journeyman
I posted this somwhere else but I can't find it so im doing it again.

Yoshi is a great character with ALOT of great moves. I need you guys to help me decide his best move(s).

also if you have any yoshi combos, please share.
You're going to last long here. >_>

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Yoshi is one of those characters where his best move is the one you like the most.

I don't think he has a "best move," but any of his moves can complement your playing style, however you may like to play Yoshi. Experiment and see what works for you. ^_^

The Killer Yoshi

Smash Journeyman
I think Yoshi's egg throw is his best move.

It's the most flexible attack in the entire game and it can be used during several different situations.

rmusgrave

BRoomer
BRoomer
I dunno, Ganon's d-air is pretty flexible. I don't think I've ever seen anyone else who is able to flex their crotch like that man.

Although I understand the references in that little story Shiri, I don't think its as funny to an Aussie. >_<

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Dang, my bad Bringer. x_x I apologize.

But yeah, Ganondorf gets the "I can twist my body in all the ways you'd never want to" award.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Ewwwwwwwww, that's...yet another reason to hate Falco.

Actually, Link gets a pretty mean twist in his neck when he positions himself to throw his boomerang. It's kinda disturbing.

cavesonic13

Smash Lord
down tilt...and up dash atack....hahahahah!

so...

on a fox or falco: grab, throw up, up tilt 3 times, they DI infront of you, side tilt, dash atack, and then down tilt or down smash...THATS MY COMBO!

on everyone else: B, double taunt ^.^

yoshinator331

Smash Cadet
down tilt...and up dash atack....hahahahah!

so...

on a fox or falco: grab, throw up, up tilt 3 times, they DI infront of you, side tilt, dash atack, and then down tilt or down smash...THATS MY COMBO!

on everyone else: B, double taunt ^.^
Thanx man! i'll try it:chuckle:

CHUK

Smash Ace
Down tilt in mushroom kingdom 2. My friend always chooses this stage to think he is sly.

Bombco101

Smash Journeyman
Thanx, but it's Yoshi, the cute little green guy that eats anything that moves, how can he not have good moves.

nub?

Smash Rookie
to me, yoshi's uair is key because its great for jugglin and doin combos and such. His dtilt's not bad either because of the knockback xD

Bombco101

Smash Journeyman
His Uair isn't key for juggling but it's probably the best you can use. And welcome to SWF!

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Actually, I find myself using downsmash less and less as I play.

I guess it's just a reaction to getting punished for it so much, but it gets real hard to use that move with some reasonable guarantee of it being safe, unless you manage to combo into it. It seems to me that the characters this move is best used on (Sheik, fastfallers, maybe Samus) are the characters that can punish the lag the best due to their amazing natural speed and very thin builds. I dunno, maybe it's me. I don't like it, though. x_x

Bullfrog

Smash Journeyman
I end up spamming it a few times in the middle of a match if in the first part of the match I tended to stay in the air. >_>

Top Bottom