• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yoshi's 3 specific advanced moves

Yoshiking

Smash Apprentice
Hey i have a question i've mastered every yoshi advance move there is except for the neddle size tongue,Dragonic reverse and The sweet spot(as i call it the old school spike) any tips on how i can master these three moves?

Chaco

Never Logs In
I can help you with DR, what control method are you using?

bigman40

Smash Master
Chaco would be your best bet to learn DR from. I only learned it w/o tap jump. The spike works when you are above (I think) the opponent, or when you hit them along the edge of the hitbox.

auroreon

Smash Ace
Sweet-spotting the fair is pretty easy to learn. The best way is to just keep practising it and you'll get it eventually, even if you don't sweet-spot it the fair still has a good amount of knockback.

DR took me a few hours of practising to get good at it, I use the default control scheme with tap jump on, apparently its harder with tap jump off. If your using the default controls then... press Up on the control stick then X then A at almost the exact same time, as soon as you have moved the control stick Up you should then roll it in the direction you want to slide. You should be doing all those actions at pretty much the same time. Thats what works for me, I find it easier to do online.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Ok Yoshi King, I am now your sensei, you eat, sleep, and breathe the DR now. First what you want to do it set tap jump to on, which you already have done. Then set L to jump. Your going to want to go to training mode, and set the speed down to 2/3 at first, to much slower I find just throw you off completely. Then do the following:

1.Press Up+L+C-stick. ALL AT THE EXACT SAME TIME!

Okay that is your DJC. Practice that until you have it down.

2.THen after those are inputted immeadietely after hit the c-stick again in the desired smash. I would suggest Fsmash.

Once you have this down we will establish the dash.

Yoshiking

Smash Apprentice
Ok Yoshi King, I am now your sensei, you eat, sleep, and breathe the DR now. First what you want to do it set tap jump to on, which you already have done. Then set L to jump. Your going to want to go to training mode, and set the speed down to 2/3 at first, to much slower I find just throw you off completely. Then do the following:

1.Press Up+L+C-stick. ALL AT THE EXACT SAME TIME!

Okay that is your DJC. Practice that until you have it down.

2.THen after those are inputted immeadietely after hit the c-stick again in the desired smash. I would suggest Fsmash.

Once you have this down we will establish the dash.
when i press the buttons he goes straight up or he doesn't move at all?

Chaco

Never Logs In
You want him not to move at all, at first, you should see a little dust movement underneath his feet. If you can't get that down try dashing across the stage and then pressing UP+L+C-stick and see what happens, you should stop and be turned around. If you a do a rising aerial it is becuase your timing is off.

Yoshiking

Smash Apprentice
uh yea we do. you know if you have that name you better justify it until i gain my brawl throne but for the mean time. I will be practicing that tomorrow. very late and very very sleepy.

EggZavier

Smash Rookie
A good and easy way to sweetspot his spike is if the opponent uses a charging UpB like fox's firefox,

its quite easy commit. I'm making A Yoshi combo video with this technique used.

SOVAman

Smash Hero
uh yea we do. you know if you have that name you better justify it until i gain my brawl throne but for the mean time. I will be practicing that tomorrow. very late and very very sleepy.
well, its not my tournament name thou my tournament name is lil b. whats yours?

Top Bottom