• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yoshi...

PRiDE

Smash Lord
Well, I have been strictly playing Yoshi now since the release of the Japanese brawl. These are my impressions...

Yoshi is an amazing character in brawl. Much more capable then he ever could have been in Melee. He is able to pull of amazing combos and beat "said top teir" characters. I have been 2 two tournaments so far and played against players who have more "general smash skill" then I do and my Yoshi has done phenomenal. The only major downfall with Yoshi is that if he is toad stool hopped anywheres below the stage.. hes done for. even his new up b can't save him. very frustrating.. luckily that move can be avoided.

Yoshi, so far, can handle most chars with out too much difficulty, Meta Knight, Young link, Game and Watch (watch for his foward smash!) ZSS, Peach, and even Marth although the matches tend to be a little bit harder against Marth

However, there are two chars that I see to ALWAYS have difficulties with.. Falco and Wolf. My matches usually can go down to the last stock, but after a HARD battle. Falco seems to be able to combo Yoshi so dam easily! and with Wolf, I always seem to find my self getting hit by his forward smash. very Frustrating.

Just my impressions before the game comes out in America.. I think my game shows that I have played Yoshi well over 1200 times now lol..

Top Bottom