• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

yoshi wavedashing help

Dude manjaro

Smash Rookie
i am the biggest noob ever. i need help with my wavedashing. when ever i try, u can see my jump. but wen ever u guys do it in ur videos, u stay on the ground. please help. wat should i do?:confused:

D

Deleted member

Practice more, 1hr a day, till u can do wavedashing consistantly, will allow u to do it in no time.

Bloshi

Smash Ace
Timing, do you have it? You just need to get the right timing down with Yoshi, since all the characters have different startup frames for their jumps. Then practice practice practice.

rmusgrave

BRoomer
BRoomer
There's an exact timing with every character, you just have to get it into your muscle memory.

If you're seeing yourself jump before the mid-air dodge then you just need to dodge earlier.

Finally, make sure you're using X/Y to jump for the wavedash, the joystick is harder (but not impossible if you really want to do it that way)

KrnMint_00v

Smash Cadet
Yoshi's WD is pretty hard to master :(. The timing isn't the hardest part. It's the part where you can't JC his shield. If you shield on accident, then you're stuck.

anyway. On topic. There is a delay between the jump and the airdodge. Timing is what makes perfect WDing. But that's something you'll have to figure out on your own.

Blade42

Smash Apprentice
it takes a LOT of practice to get yoshis wd down. ive been tryin to get it consistant for prolly 4 or 5 months now and still cant get it to work when i need it, which leaves me open for punishment. once you master the timing of his wd, then you will be able to do it anytime.

bigman40

Smash Master
its not really hard to learn WD though. when you get the hang of WDing with one character, learn the others for better timing. I only learned WD in 1 month and 2 months with all the characters

launchpadmcqak13

Smash Apprentice
Everyone is saying there is a delay, which I don't notice. I can wavedash pretty much whenever, and haven't screwed up in a while. It may be my "muscle memory" that keeps me up, but what I have to offer is this. To me the delay is not noticeable because I crack the control stick to the correct direction just before the L is completely depressed. I may be wrong, all I know it feels like its the same thing.

D

Deleted member

LIke i said, 1 hr a day for maybe a few days till u can do it, then 10 minutes a day till u can do it consistantly and in battle.

Eltrotraw

Smash Journeyman
It's part preference and part muscle memory.

I mean, I can wavedash with Marth and Yoshi fine, but if I try it with Bowser, it's a whole different story since his jump is really slow and I have to dodge just a bit later than I usually do with the others.

Really, doing a wavedash with certain characters just depends on some effort to get the motion down precisely. As Bringer/rmus already said, dodge earlier since you're seeing yourself jump while trying the motion.

Yoshi'stheBombers7

Smash Journeyman
It really is difficult. It's one of the hardest to master. I would practice and practice till you get it right. I wouldn't try it on other characters, because each one has a different timing to get used to.

Barbeque

Smash Journeyman
From the sounds of it your going to quickly. You need to wait a bit longer after you start your jump.

Top Bottom