• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

yoshi vids for the yoshinator

Sharky

Smash Master
Hello, I've decided to start putting up videos on youtube. So I don't have to constantly put up new links on here, I'll just put up one for my video channel, and I'll post on here whenever I add new ones. The one's I've got on now aren't so hot, I know. I roll a bit much and attack a lot when I shouldn't. Other than that, any questions/comments are welcome. =) :yoshi:

My Youtube Channel (youtube smash alias Sharky)

Bloshi

Smash Ace
You seem to have a defensive Yoshi, which is fine. But whenever your opponent forced you to go offensive you left a lot of openings. See, defensive Yoshis like the ground, where they can CC, not get their jump gimped, fsmash space, and start a few combos with utilt and ftilt. But when you went offensive, all the Fox had to do was jump around. Luckily, that particular Fox didn't quite know what he had to do to punish you, but a better Fox would have jumped on each of those missed aerials with a drillshine to something else. I think you need to improve your offensive game more. With that defensive Bowser, you got punished quite a bit from attacking his shield. Now I know the Fortress is fast and all, but he can't hit you with it if you don't blatantly attack his shield. Especially with dair, its hard to l-cancel through the shield. Try some more offensive grabs, neutral-b, and empty SHFFLs, to get around the shield problem. Also, work on tech-chasing. That comes with time, though.

Oh yeah, stop using back roll so much. Its like your panic button, and I started predicting it a third pf the way through the match. I don't really know what a defensive Yoshi is supposed to do, though, since I play rather offensive.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: I have to agree on the back rolling and on the attacking of the Bowser shield.

Overall, I thought it was nice, but the offensive approaches have to be worked on. Especially versus Fox, one cannot blatantly stick an attack out there like those aerials were. I won't comment on the Fox match more since Fox urinates all over me.

Bowser, however, needs more consecutive hits, haha. It seemed like for a majority of the match, you guys were trading hits. I guess that's okay on Pkmn Stadium since your recovery is quite abusable, but try leading in some with weaker hits (jabs, tilts, soft aerials) and then attempt to combo from there. This works especially well if you want to DJC through one of Bowser's attacks and combo him for 40% or more. Not only does this throw some nasty math into the mix (the damage taken from the attack you jump through will not even come close to the damage you can rack up in a will executed assault), but it also makes them wary of which attacks to approach and defend with, essentially forcing them to limit their use of spammy moves (forward tilt, forward air, etc.).

I wonder up to which percents Yoshi can DJC through the Fortress. That would be interesting info to have on hand, hahaha. Does anybody know? I know it would help me out in that matchup some.

Sharky

Smash Master
Yeah, I'm working on the offensive tactics, as I get punished all too often for missed attacks, particularly on shields, as you can see. My combos are almost non-existant now that I'm looking at these again too lol. I'm working on the rolling, did a few matches last night and the rolls were a lot less than the ones in these vids, though I didn't get them recorded. >.< Thanks for the tips, guys. =) :yoshi:

Tanea

Smash Ace
oh okay i see what your woriking therewere to many openings and there were a lot of places were you could have usd combos good you i would love to be able to fight another yoshi player oh well :) yoshi:

Top Bottom