• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

yoshi tip

werty14

Smash Rookie
here is a good move that could trick your opponents first play as yoshi pick any stage and go on an edge and wait until somoene comes nere you then you press B and then yoshi will swallow him into an egg and your opponent might get ko and die but it is not sure that it will work all the time and some of you might know this trick already!!

Megaman X

Smash Journeyman
oh man it really works! i'm gona practice it rigt now against a taem of lv 9 comps lol

Xils

Smash Rookie
oh man it really works! i'm gona practice it rigt now against a taem of lv 9 comps lol
yup im pwning them right now :p
btw this doesnt work vs a real player unless you get luck/you are playing a fast faller (fox/falco ect)

shazbot

Smash Apprentice
btw this doesnt work vs a real player unless you get luck/you are playing a fast faller (fox/falco ect)

uh this doesn't work vs a real player unless they have epilepsy and in that case they shouldn't be playing video games in the first place. You might trick someone really new to the game, but don't plan on ko'ing anyone who has any common sense.

Velox

Smash Ace
Speaking of tricks, here is a trick I've been experimenting with recently with much success:

This works very well against certain characters like Marth. If you're at low percent (like if you've just respawned), and your opponent is at death pecents (like 100%+) and you can't find an easy way to kill them, just jump in the air mindlessly like an idiot and don't do anything at all. If you're infront of the Marth for example, he's probably going to jump up and f-air you or something, that's when you double jump through it and n-air the Marth. It's a pretty good trick that I get to work fairly often, it really is a reliable trick to get kills.

You can use the same principal with crouch canceling (Yoshi's double jump is after, very similar to crouch canceling). If you see your opponent (this works really well against Sheiks I've noticed) jump in the air, and you are at low percents, just randomly u-smash underneath them without the intent to actually hit the Sheik in this case. The Sheik will more than likely just f-air you or something in your lag (you make it too good to pass up, you could d-smash/f-smash or whatever, as long as it has lots of lag to bait the Sheik, u-smash is better though imo, because it looks like you were actually trying to hit them and they won't get suspicious...) Make sure you're crouching when you take the hit and just d-smash or whatever after the crouch cancel for a stock.

Yoshi mindgames of the day...

Top Bottom