• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yoshi Potential Top Teir

Who's better?

• Fox

Votes: 56 60.9%
  • Yoshi

Votes: 20 21.7%
  • Falco

Votes: 16 17.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

HIPPO_

Smash Rookie
Yoshi is a lower Teir Charcter who's Best use who's one of the top 100 - aMSa.
Yoshi is very techinall character with edge hopping and using his eggs. His n air, back air, f smash, are useful attacks. I believe the new fox will be Yoshi. #RedYoshi

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I would disagree, the best character is clearly Mr. Game & Watch because he has the chance to OHKO you at any time.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Roy is the best, he has t3h ph1r3 crotch.

His ph1r3 can burn through anything that is within striking range.

That's where the term "Roy Zone" comes from. :roymelee:

Last edited:

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
To be honest, aMSa's Yoshi isn't good because of Yoshi; aMSa's Yoshi is good because of aMSa. If he put as much time into a higher-tier instead of Yoshi, he would be many places higher.

HIPPO_

Smash Rookie
To be honest, aMSa's Yoshi isn't good because of Yoshi; aMSa's Yoshi is good because of aMSa. If he put as much time into a higher-tier instead of Yoshi, he would be many places higher.
aMSa is good because he is a techincall smasher and uses gimmicks just like puff would

gmBottles

Fun Haver
NNID
komfyking
Nah nah nah, you see, you got it all wrong.
Bowser is soon to be top tier, he can grab you in mid air and just toss you aside like its nothing!

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
aMSa is good because he is a techincall smasher and uses gimmicks just like puff would
How did you end up quoting me for someone else's post?

@___@

Weird kids

menotyou135

Smash Journeyman
aMSa has the potential to be one of the gods. However, his love for the character and desire to dominate with him regardless of weaknesses is one of the reasons so many people love him. You can argue he has gotten so good because he didn't take the easy way out by maining a top tier.

the muted smasher

Smash Journeyman
Really people who play melee aren't jerks.

We never see people do Inv. Edge stalls for time outs or platform camping like westballz vs armada. Yoshi could be really broken if some one just stalled with 100% edge stall eggs

ItsChon

Smash Apprentice
Really people who play melee aren't jerks.

We never see people do Inv. Edge stalls for time outs or platform camping like westballz vs armada. Yoshi could be really broken if some one just stalled with 100% edge stall eggs
I don't think this is because people who play Melee aren't jerks, I think this is because no can be arsed to actually do that for ten minutes. Although, I could definitely imagine doing it to someone who I knew would slaughter me otherwise. It would be hilarious to see people's reactions, and the hate would be gloriously entertaining; but of course, I'm not the only one with these thoughts. Right????

HMWii22

BRoomer
BRoomer
No, he's definitely also good because of Yoshi, in the sense that people aren't used to facing Yoshis so it works as a gimmick in his favour. aMSa is amazing but once people "figure him out" and the novelty wears off...

HIPPO_

Smash Rookie
I wanna see aMSa use fox. Teirs do exist because compare sheik and bowser. There is little bowser can so sheik can get a quick JV5

CAUP

Smash Journeyman
Yoshi is objectively the best character in the game. Parry combined with power shielding makes him invincible. It's literally impossible to hit Yoshi at a TAS level

Akago

Smash Cadet
I'm inclined to agree with this. I think Yoshi is slightly higher than he is seen now, but I don't think he really consistently can rival the likes of Fox, Falco and Sheik.

aMSa just runs rings around people regardless of what he plays: His Yoshi, his PM Lucario, and his Smash 4 Greninja.

If he decided to play the top tiers like Fox Falco he'd place much better.

XLAX_OVERDOSAGE

Smash Apprentice
I'm inclined to agree with this. I think Yoshi is slightly higher than he is seen now, but I don't think he really consistently can rival the likes of Fox, Falco and Sheik.

aMSa just runs rings around people regardless of what he plays: His Yoshi, his PM Lucario, and his Smash 4 Greninja.

If he decided to play the top tiers like Fox Falco he'd place much better.
I highly disagree

The Captain Falcon avatar should be placed in the middle of the WiiU section

HIPPO_

Smash Rookie
aMSa stream on twitch around 10 am eastern time zone. Just watch him train. I made a list of the charters that have effective combos.
Fox
Falco
Cptn Falcon
Pikachu
Sheik
Gannondorf
Yoshi
Jigglypuff
Marth
Kirby - he still sucks ass
Peach
Young link
Samus
Luigi

Too a point
Roy
Pichu
Mario
Doc

HIPPO_

Smash Rookie
From the list best 10
10 Gannondorf
9 Luigi
8 Pikachu
7 Yoshi
6 Sheik
5 Fox
4 Falco
3 Ice Climbers - forgot them
2 Marth
1 Jigglypuff

EddyBearr

Smash Lord
aMSa stream on twitch around 10 am eastern time zone. Just watch him train. I made a list of the charters that have effective combos.
Fox
Falco
Cptn Falcon
Pikachu
Sheik
Gannondorf
Yoshi
Jigglypuff
Marth
Kirby - he still sucks ***
Peach
Young link
Samus
Luigi
Ice Climbers

Too a point
Roy
Pichu
Mario
Doc
I really don't understand your list.

HIPPO_

Smash Rookie
COUGH COUGH LEFFEN
No, he's definitely also good because of Yoshi, in the sense that people aren't used to facing Yoshis so it works as a gimmick in his favour. aMSa is amazing but once people "figure him out" and the novelty wears off...
GH

Miketastic5

Smash Cadet
NNID
Miketastic5
People have been saying this since EVO 2013, give it a rest, aMSa's Yoshi continues to improve and he will continue to place amazing at nationals. Every time he has been doubted he has come back better than ever. Next time will be no different.

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
yoshis recovery is too booty and he gets chaingrabbed too much to actually be more than a semi-spacie

I would disagree, the best character is clearly Mr. Game & Watch because he has the chance to OHKO you at any time.
rofl

EddyBearr

Smash Lord
Yoshi's weight, nair, and double jump actually make him kinda hard to chain-grab. Most chain-grabs on him don't last that long -- being chain-grabbed is way more relevant for Sheik/Pika/Ganon.

Hi_C

Smash Rookie
I mean, Yoshi has to be SOMEWHAT underrated. If the dude can get 5th at Apex, you can't just say its because of bad MU knowledge or aMSa just being that good.

SAUS

Smash Ace
Roy is the strongest. He has the strongest KO move in the game - the counter. It doesn't matter how hard your opponent will hit you, you will hit them back harder. The only reason people don't play Roy is because the game would become too boring to watch.

ItsChon

Smash Apprentice
Roy is the strongest. He has the strongest KO move in the game - the counter. It doesn't matter how hard your opponent will hit you, you will hit them back harder. The only reason people don't play Roy is because the game would become too boring to watch.

Sarej

Smash Cadet
It may be a gimmick as he's not "figured out" but while they figure him out he still gets better so in a round about way it evens out (not necessarily 50/50). I think the biggest thing for Amsa is trying to beat the people he plays back in Japan more consistently, it's similar to how Axe struggled winning locals because people figured his Pikachu out but eventually it got to a point where he was just so good it didn't matter anymore.

Top Bottom