• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yoshi Match-Ups/Match-Up Chart

Who'll take the 5th spot?

• Z'zgashi

Votes: 11 27.5%
  • Firefly

Votes: 18 45.0%
  • MX778

Votes: 13 32.5%

• Total voters

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
*messes with the poll*

Even. <3

EDIT: In seriousness, I think it's already been picked but on the off chance you're still deciding, don't count my vote haha. :p

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
The purpose of this thread has run its course, but since the conversation has shifted, I'm just gonna merge it with the matchup thread.

Sharky

Smash Master
man I figured out the non-foolstool single naner lock ages ago, nobody remembers :( lol idc tho this looks a little easier

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
What stage is a good option against a Pikachu?

And against a TL?

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I personally just go to Smashville/Lylat/Frigate/Delfino for them, but honestly its more dependent on the players. If you know the player or their character is bad at or dislikes a stage, go there, otherwise, just go to stages you feel most comfortable with. Yoshi isnt very picky when it comes to stages, he can go wherever, so its usually best to just stick with what you like/are familiar with or go where you know your opponent has problems.

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
I don't like goind FD against Pikachu,but I like going it against TL though.

Crooked Crow

drank from lakes of sorrow
Been a while- but what made the Yoshi boards determine it's a -2 in Wolf's favor? I'm just curious. Never felt as bad as the other four when I used to play competitively.

I have a general idea but would love clarification.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
I've fought super hard for -1 for years, lol. I just get met with impossible opposition, and lack of tourny results.

The reasons its a -2 is because we can't deal with Wolf's Bair apparently, and shine instantly removes all of our momentum since there's no way to bait and punish it. Oh, we also can't get off the ledge easily (which is semi-legit), despite the fact that Wolf can also struggle with it. Wolf is just so safe and we're just so not and we can't deal.

But really, that's basically it. Apparently we can't beat him at neutral because we can't compete with Bair. And his lasers prevent us from camping (correct), even though they're not very good for camping with themselves.

D

Deleted member 189823

Talking about B-Airs, how do we deal against Kirby? (b-airs, lots of it)

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Um. Run under him if he's floating super high. Otherwise, lots of patience.

The Kirby MU sucks. It's literally all about how long you're willing to be patient for. Neither character can actually do anything. >_>

Top Bottom