• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yoshi Kill Options

HawkBlade

Smash Rookie
Hello smashers. I recently played several matches with a friend of mine who mains Mario and I lost the last several matches due to my inability to kill him at high percents. I find that Mario is very hard to punish because, everytime that he upsmashed, he'd be able to evade any attacks due to its low lag. Any tips on finishing off the stock?

Last edited:

MurphyPrime

Smash Journeyman
Downsmash is my favourite punish. Forward has long reach too. Sometimes the simplest punish is the best.

HawkBlade

Smash Rookie
Marios upsmash endlag is almost 30 frames--half a sec. Thats plenty of time to react and do something like nair or run away or kill urself
For what's it's worth, I'm playing online versus a friend and, although it may be mental, I feel like its harder to punish due to the lag. I guess that leads to my next question: how significant of a difference is there amongst local and online play, even if the lag in online isn't necessarily visible? 3DS btw

Top Bottom