• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yoshi Haxdash?

Kmac0

Smash Cadet
Alright well to start, a brief explanation of what Haxdashing is.

A Haxdash is an invincible ledge stall. To perform a Haxdash, you must do the following: Fall from the ledge > Immediately use your double jump and DI in towards center stage > Once you get to a certain position above the stage, waveland backwards towards the ledge > Fastfall back on the ledge.

The timings are different for every character that can do it.

I was messing around with Yoshi not too long ago and I figured out that Yoshi can haxdash, and I thought this was worth sharing because I feel Yoshi has strong potential for crazy ledge mixups. I also feel that Yoshi of all characters might need these ledge mixups more than anyone else, considering his doublejump makes it hard to get onto stage quickly (Unlike say, Fox or falco with their super fast doublejumps).

I don't really have any means of recording or validating the frame data so I was wondering if someone could give it a try and see if it actually keeps you fully invincible. I'm pretty sure I can say for certain that it works on Yoshi's Story with full invincibility, due to the weird angles on the stage.

Pabmyster

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Pabmyster
All the information on Haxdashing with Yoshi is here: http://smashboards.com/threads/some-yoshi-information.351635/
under the Ledge Data and Edge Guarding spoiler.
You can get 1-3 frames invuln with a haxdash if you're frame perfect. If that could be performed consistently, it might be useful, but if you'd like to discuss its uses further that would be cool. Yoshi has a lot of invincible ledge stall/getup options as it is, so this could be part of the arsenal.

MrHazuki

Smash Ace
I've been doing this for a while. Not too hard once you know the timing, but the fastfall is really hard to get down. Haxdash is the main reason why I generally dislike BF now. ^_^
To me it mostly feels like a fun trick rather than a truly useful tactic, however I firmly believe that no skill/trick in Smash is worthless, so I'll keep experimenting.

Top Bottom