• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yoshi Crossing, understage

JackieRabbit5

Smash Journeyman
Yoshi's recovery is often underestimated as this fun little technique shows...
Yoshi can actually cross some stages from underneath getting to the ledge on the other side with style :yoshi:

These are the stages where its possible:
-Battlefield
-Smashville
-Lylat Cruise (this one's a bit harder)
-Rainbow Cruise
-Hyrule Temple (this is different...start at the far left and drop down to the right, go under the big dip in the middle part of the stage and immediately double jump then upB to get to the middle-low platform there)

Notably NOT Final Destination...believe me i've tried. EDIT: ok maybe it is but its extremely hard and unreliable

As for how you do it, jump off the side making sure u have enough inward momentum. You have to pass like thru the edge either by tilting down or if u wanna gain more cool points do a Reverse Aerial Egg Lay:cool: which might be a little better too (as long as u don't do sideB accidentaly of course). Then do 1 upB which should get u almost halfway, then double jump making sure ur low enough so u get more distance from it, then finally do another upB which should get u to the ledge. And u've done it! Nice Yoshi skillz.
Might take a little practice but its not too hard so that its unreliable.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Yoshi can also go under FD. I've done it... once.

But it's so impractical that it is useless. I only got it once out of 99 lives.

JackieRabbit5

Smash Journeyman
wow FD is really possible? u gotta be good to do that

yea i was wondering about applications...probably more of a fun show-offy kinda thing heh but it may have some uses. more so with items i think like if somebody uses a final smash, smart bomb, pokeball etc on one side of the stage u can avoid it doing this

nice video btw ah he uses 2 upBs then double jump...and looks like a better way of passing thru the starting ledge is by airdodging

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
It's no lie, but you are right about it being useless.

Now, on stages like Smashville this can actually help...

SOVAman

Smash Hero
OMFG DATS INCREDIBLE I <3 U I WILL USE THAT ON EVERYMATCH AND NEVER GET GIMPED BECAUSE THIS IS THE MOST USEFUL PIECE OF INFORMATION EVER IN BRAWL HISTORY GOOD **** FOR THE SCRUB THAT WASTED THERE TIME FINDING THIS USELESS **** OUT WHOOOOAAAAA DIS WILL SO HELP ME 3 STOCK AZEN NO JOHNS AZEN I AM COMING WITH MY NEW INCREDIBLE TECHNIQUE

/sarcasm

Yinlong

Smash Journeyman
this will totally help you 3 stock azen

when he see's you cross under FD he'll be like wtf wtf wtf wtf

and then you KO him.
and then he'll still be wtf wtf wtf wtf.

ChronoPenguin

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4253-4494-4458
Did you know Yoshi can go under a custom stage!

Ya just make 2 small blocks side by side, yoshi can go under it!!

It's cool as well....it's cool, but it's not useful. Show me the Hylian jump now with Yoshi.

JackieRabbit5

Smash Journeyman
so its not very useful, not many techniques in Brawl are...
u gotta admit its cool though and does require skill :)

and Yinlongs right its like mindgames lol

JackieRabbit5

Smash Journeyman
i've finally gotten decent at getting under FD :)

heres how i do it...bair with plenty inward momentum thru ledge, wait till ur about halfway across then upB, then double jump to fair which i think helps u just miss hitting ur head b/c it like scrunches down, then upB to grab the far ledge.

its also possible to do from just hanging position on first ledge

something else...on Smashville and Lylat Cruise u can get away with just one upB then double jump using the fair tactic i mentioned (though that may not even be necessary)

Top Bottom