• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yoshi can combo

SOVAman

Smash Hero
Recently I have been playing a lot more because I am getting ready for a tournament and found out that there are many combos. That are very easy to do specifically on MK. You can combo them with the CG then at the edge down throw and you can short hop then down air then up-tilt. Another one is if they are on the ground you can start combos with a forward-tilt or up-tilt then up-smash then short hop Up-air and there is many more that you can do starting with a short hop neutral-air or you can start them with a jab and up-smash. And I was wondering if anyone knows about these or knows anymore good combos.

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
Regular Jump into B-Air (gotta auto cancel it) >> Up Tilt >> Up Smash >> Predict Dodge into U-Airs.

Yoshi is one of the best combo chars ive played with. i think he is a great char.

SOVAman

Smash Hero
Regular Jump into B-Air (gotta auto cancel it) >> Up Tilt >> Up Smash >> Predict Dodge into U-Airs.

Yoshi is one of the best combo chars ive played with. i think he is a great char.
yea thats a good combo two and yoshi and mario combo the best

biohazard930

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, my favorite is pretty similar.

SH > Bair > Utilt > (Gets a bit hazy here, depending on character, percentage, etc.) > Uair > Uair > Dair or Nair if possible

It doesn't work quite as well against lighter characters, I've found.

Yoshi Kirishima

Smash Lord
A dash attack and Neutral A combo and Ftilt all combo nicely, and you can fit some SH nairs or Bairs in too it works great. Usually if they're right up close to me, I start with a Neutral A Combo, then follow up with a Dash Attack, either then run up and again do another Neutral A combo or do a sliding Up Smash. This works a lot for me, IDK if may be my opponents suck at escaping combos or what though. But yes Yoshi is a very good comboer. Bair is always a good way to start combos, it has nice priority and reach and range and speed, and with Yoshi's nice Aerial movement and DI, when you SH Bairs and move backwards you can go quite far.

You can also combo a Utilt then SH uair then DJ and at the beginning of the DJ do an uair and so then you can fit another uair at the peak of the DJ. This works best when they're at lower percents so they stay close to you so you can combo them. And doing an Upsmash after Infinite CGing Wario is awsome.

Cliche-Guevara

Smash Cadet
My personal fav is the Jab combo -> dash atk -> first hit of the jab -> down b

Most times players will just be trying to DI out of the next dash attack and wont see the down b coming. Can be shielded tho if predicted.

PCHU

Smash Lord
Try his bthrow.
Either my friend has horrible DI, or this actually works in a small chain.
I don't know about fthrow.
But Yoshi is easy to combo with.

Top Bottom